Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 23:25   #1

Help with Mercedes Restoration in Delhi

Hi!

I looking for recommendations for a good workshop in delhi for my W126 -280SE . It is in decent running condition with a great body and 90% of everything working. I just want to find a trust worthy workshop in delhi where I can peacefully restore this car.

Any recommendations would be very very appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10th August 2010, 18:03   #2

Some Pictures of how it looks now

Here is how she looks now.. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Help with Mercedes Restoration in Delhi-w126280se.jpg  

Help with Mercedes Restoration in Delhi-w126280serear.jpg  

Old 10th August 2010, 21:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Gautam, the car looks like all it needs is a service and she'll be ready for a cross country trip.

What exactly do you want to restore?
Old 11th August 2010, 22:44   #4
BHPian

That's a nice 280SE you've got there, Gautam. Do PM me your contact details and I'll put you on to someone who's proved to be a great resource to keep my W124 E250D going tickety-boo for years, without breaking the bank! W126, though, would be more of a drain, but this guy could probably provide some succour yet!! However, do be cautious nonetheless; please don't just go by my recommendation only, listen to your own sensibilities also.

And one unsolicited advice, if you don't mind - like they say, if it aint' broke don't fix it, so whatever is working well now don't disturb it. A few advices are best left within the manuals - whether that be the User's Manual provided by the auto cos, or the ones in B-schools that should have never seen the light of day! Photographs can be deceptive, but your car does look quite neat.
Old 12th August 2010, 08:26   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamghai View Post
Hi!

I looking for recommendations for a good workshop in delhi for my W126 -280SE . It is in decent running condition with a great body and 90% of everything working. I just want to find a trust worthy workshop in delhi where I can peacefully restore this car.

Thanks!
Gautam.

Congratulations for keeping this car look good

You dont need to RESTORE this beauty.

Why dont you list down the troubles,which i presume to be mechanical only.

One overspray on this car, you can expect it to loose the originality it presently has. Dont try and fix something that is not broken.

All the Best.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:12   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OT - but your car was recently spotted here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1966613-post289.html
Old 12th August 2010, 14:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
there is no such thing as peacefully restoring a car in delhi.
nice car, a sight for sore eyes, there were quite a few of these in delhi, including 560SEL, all but a few have vanished, i specially like the alloys on this car, one of the best all time designs, followed closely by the porsche 928 telephone dial.
Old 14th August 2010, 13:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Appart from cosmetics, the star and rear monogram which seem to have been taken,(seen on another picture) the car does not need much work. A gentle loving careful service should do. As everyone has said before, do NOT try to restore anything. Paint looks good, if you want, then polish.
Please do not allow any roadside fellow to fiddle with the car. If this car was company maintained, then continue that. Service bills will be high, but then the car will remain a good car. Some work like AC work can be given out, tin painting also if they have a booth, with mechanicals be very careful, and electrics do not go out.
Perhaps you can list the problems you now have.
Maintain and enjoy the car.

Cheers harit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks