Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 01:57   #1
BHPian

Classic Triumph 350

Hi guys. Got a pic from my friend and fellow BHPian remyreji of this old triumph 350. Don't know any details about the ride. Anyboday knws?
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Triumph 350-image152.jpg  

Classic Triumph 350-image153.jpg  

Old 12th August 2010, 07:10   #2
BHPian

Looks like 1948/50 Triumph Twin, though many originals are missing. You will get more information if you post this in Vintage and classic section, or please request mods to move this thread there. A triumph restoration can be read here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...peed-twin.html
With thanks and regards
Old 13th August 2010, 21:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice looking bike. Can we have more details on her history.

Looks like its being used as a daily driver.

PS: is RTO making it mandatory to have turn signals even on older bikes that did not come with them?
Old 13th August 2010, 22:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
PS: is RTO making it mandatory to have turn signals even on older bikes that did not come with them?
Snake eyes!!! The front one looks like Rx & the rears, not sure what make it is, but has plastics. May be something from Bajaj's stable. The headlight reminds me of Yezdi/Jawa & the rest of the motorcycle reminds me of RE.
Old 13th August 2010, 23:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

That looks like a pretty original Triumph 3T to me
Old 14th August 2010, 16:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

If I am not totally mistaken I know this bike sincce 1970s. It used to belong to one Mr. Gladstone who was a prominent bike enthusiast in Trivandrm. He had few classics with him and was known by nick name in the biking circles (of my dad, uncle etc).

In the past a lot of approaches ahve been made to Gladstone family about the collection of bikes they had but to their credit they were never ready to part with any part of it.

Sr Gladstone and his son were excellent mechanics as well.

I wonder if this is still with in the family or if Anupam's friend has managed to get one away.

Anupam, please check with the current owner and post some more info.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Edited in: As Wasif said below the bike looks pretty much original except the indicators.

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 14th August 2010 at 17:00.
Old 14th August 2010, 17:29   #7
BHPian

I checked in Kerala MVD website using the registration number and found the same name, Sr Gladstone is having the registration still. Not sure if they have not updated or not. I think the carburetor is not the original one, seems a Mikuni/Micarb. Also what about the silencers, are they original or of Bullet ?

With thanks and regards
Old 24th August 2010, 19:30   #8
BHPian

Triumph 3T D'luxe 1950-ownership updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Hi guys. Got a pic from my friend and fellow BHPian remyreji of this old triumph 350. Don't know any details about the ride. Anyboday knws?
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
If I am not totally mistaken I know this bike sincce 1970s. It used to belong to one Mr. Gladstone who was a prominent bike enthusiast in Trivandrm. He had few classics with him and was known by nick name in the biking circles (of my dad, uncle etc).

In the past a lot of approaches ahve been made to Gladstone family about the collection of bikes they had but to their credit they were never ready to part with any part of it.

Sr Gladstone and his son were excellent mechanics as well.

I wonder if this is still with in the family or if Anupam's friend has managed to get one away.

Anupam, please check with the current owner and post some more info.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Edited in: As Wasif said below the bike looks pretty much original except the indicators.
@ Anupam: The bike featured is " TRIUMPH 3T Deluxe"
* This is a 350cc parallel twin
** Magneto ignition
*** Rear "Sprung Hub" --{ Rear rigid Suspension, but Sprung Hub does the dampening the shocks to the main frame}
^^^^ Had a chance to ride this same bike at my place., Awesome bike to ride!!

@ r_nairtvm :Even I have seen this at Mr.Gladstone few years(months??) from now ,but now its with my friend HENRY PRATAP ( Coimbatore), Yes he is the present owner.
PS: I have posted his pic ( plz nobody go ,b'coz there are few 4 wheel beauties in the back ground of Pratap)
pps; Pratap has some more beauties like RE Bullet 350 (1958), Matchless 3Gl, RD 350 HT, BSA M20, James Ml, Jawa 250 & a Jawa perak too.
He is a soft ware engineer, participates Motocross & Bike rallies
About trafficators.....Think this pic was shot some time before, when it was at Pune I sup,..all in the game.
On my opinion, this is a clean example of Triumph 3T Dluxe,everything stock, except the rear number plate & tail light ( think he has got that to)
sorry forgot about carb,( whether Micarb or Amal) but Runs smooth , believe it, like a real TWIN

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Triumph 350-prathap.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 18th September 2010 at 21:19. Reason: See note - please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 25th July 2011, 08:46   #9
BHPian

Re: Triumph 3T D'luxe 1950-ownership updated

PratapHenry ( lockheed- Tbhp handle) has some more beauties like RE Bullet 350 (1958), Matchless 3Gl, RD 350 HT, BSA M20, James Ml, Jawa 250 & a Jawa perak too.
He is a soft ware engineer, participates Motocross & Bike rallies

[/quote]
And now a Norton Dominator too...
Here is the pic of the man & machine!!
Congratulations Pratap & Puppy !!
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Triumph 350-266365_238753866147155_100000376317527_880899_7085926_o1.jpg  

Last edited by powertwin : 25th July 2011 at 08:47.
Old 18th May 2013, 02:47   #10

Re: Classic Triumph 350

Congratulations buddy that's one very very good looking bike. Must be sounding like a beast. Enjoy it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks