Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 19:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

@Priyadarshan: there is one 1956 Fiat Millicento available in Jsr. Asking price is 50K. I'm also looking at another Fiat Select (About 65% original) & hopefully will be able to crack the guy. Its price may be lower but we have not discussed figures yet.
Old 26th November 2010, 19:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks Ajay. Actually commenting on the prices is not my area exactly, but I found your grasp of old car prices quite reasonable and more or less accurate.
I however felt that the A 55 does not have much of a novelty value attached to it and hence spoke about it.
I am sure an old 1958 Ambassador or a Fiat Millecento of 1958 will appreciate in value and have a better liquidity if resold as these cars are loved and cherished in our country due to their charismatic appeal.These are restored with greater ease too!
Yes the Austin A55 will never appreciate in the same league as an INDIAN assembled millicento or OHV MK1 ambassador
Old 26th November 2010, 21:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks Ajay. Actually commenting on the prices is not my area exactly, but I found your grasp of old car prices quite reasonable and more or less accurate.
I however felt that the A 55 does not have much of a novelty value attached to it and hence spoke about it.
I am sure an old 1958 Ambassador or a Fiat Millecento of 1958 will appreciate in value and have a better liquidity if resold as these cars are loved and cherished in our country due to their charismatic appeal.These are restored with greater ease too!
Speaking of Amby or Fiats, i tend to be towards Fiat more. Thats a lovely little car. A guy in my appartment owns two of them, 1953 & 1956 model. He is a member of the famous Fiat Club of Pune. Those cars are simply beautiful..
Old 26th November 2010, 23:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
@Priyadarshan: there is one 1956 Fiat Millicento available in Jsr. Asking price is 50K.
Is it that blue one (BRT??) I thought you'd bought that car?? Or is this another one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Speaking of Amby or Fiats, i tend to be towards Fiat more. Thats a lovely little car. A guy in my appartment owns two of them, 1953 & 1956 model. He is a member of the famous Fiat Club of Pune. Those cars are simply beautiful..
I wonder if its our own karl a.k.a karlosdeville!!
Old 26th November 2010, 23:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Is it that blue one (BRT??) I thought you'd bought that car?? Or is this another one?

I wonder if its our own karl a.k.a karlosdeville!!
Oh no.. I know this guy.. If he had been our karlosdeville, i would have joined this place a lot earlier, and probably would have owned a fiat by now.
Old 27th November 2010, 10:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh no.. I know this guy.. If he had been our karlosdeville, i would have joined this place a lot earlier, and probably would have owned a fiat by now.
Hi Priyadarshan a very nice select/superselect in long term ownership is for sale in Mumbai, there is no work required on the car and can be used as is, it will be seen on our FCCCI mumbai drive tomorrow. Keep watching the FCCCI mumbai thread for more. The owner would like to pass it on to a next generation enthusiast.
Old 27th November 2010, 11:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Hi Shyam, I bought that blue & another brown one yday. Karl helped me there. The blue is COMPLETELY rusted from bottom including the chasis frame. So we started hunting another one & got the Brown one. I asked Karl for advice & he said to go ahead. So brown will be restored & blue (as in present state) may become donor car. The brown's engine is almost 100% (The one like Gogi's)
The one I mentioned here is a thrid one. I wish I had got this one earlier. I could have saved 10k.
There is one Prefect Ruby also but the owner is untracebale. There is nothing inside the cabin except steering wheel & the gear lever.
I could only see radiator from the access holes in bonnet so am not very ure if the complete engine is there. It was quite dark so could not click pics too.
I dont know if I would go for it.

Tener Cuidado.
Old 27th November 2010, 11:21   #23
BANNED

i dont think this car is worth even 50k.

Sourcing parts might be easy but will be a expensive affair.

The tail lights are of the Amby and not original
Old 27th November 2010, 15:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi Priyadarshan a very nice select/superselect in long term ownership is for sale in Mumbai, there is no work required on the car and can be used as is, it will be seen on our FCCCI mumbai drive tomorrow. Keep watching the FCCCI mumbai thread for more. The owner would like to pass it on to a next generation enthusiast.
Hi.. thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on that thread.. By the way whats the asking price?
Old 12th July 2011, 10:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Need Advice in buying a 1958 Austin A55 Cambridge..

Quote:
Hello everyone..
I have been meaning to own a classic car for a long time. now i see an opportunity as i have been offered a 1958 Austin A55 Cambridge by a guy in Mumbai for a price of 50k fixed. Following is the condition of car
This car is now in Mumbai's Chor Bazaar, will probably be scrapped soon.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:57   #26
BHPian

Re: Need Advice in buying a 1958 Austin A55 Cambridge..

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This car is now in Mumbai's Chor Bazaar, will probably be scrapped soon.
Sad i could not save her.. She atleast had the engine running if not anything else..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks