Team-BHP - 1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/22814-1927-mercedes-630k-supercharged-delhi.html)

I visited a farmhouse in Delhi to make some offers on a few vintage and classic cars for sale. While going through the collection i came across one of the most beutiful cars i have ever seen... yes the mercedes 630K.

1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-1801002152el5.jpg

1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged. The German car is reported to be the only one of the six that were made by Mercedes Benz for racing. The vehicle was brought to India by an erstwhile Maharaja, who was an avid racing fan and used to participate in racing events at Silverstone.
The story is that the maharaja bought the car to take part in a race. But before this happened his parents found out and i asked for him to come back to India. He brought the car back with him...

a few more pics..

1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-1801002147bi6.jpg

1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-1801002153hp2.jpg

i'll try and find more pics...

till then here are a few other cars that were in the garage...

1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-1.jpg
1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-2.jpg
1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-3.jpg
1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-4.jpg
1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-5.jpg
1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-6.jpg
1927 Mercedes 630K Supercharged in Delhi....-7.jpg

there were loads of other cars including an Alpha spyder... but i didn't have time to take more pics.

Liv2Drv, thats an awesome find. Where is this garage and who is the proud owner? I wish it were mine!

wow.... Did any of these beauties took part in the vintage rally this Sunday in Delhi...

WOW, and what all was on sale Sahil?? Any chance there was a nice 60/70's Muscle car?

Oh great car..resored very well..lucky guy to own a gem of auto-world - 680K..

finally, (relatively) clear pictures of the 680 ive heard so much about...she used to belong to my cousins neighbours in hyderabad...looking at the other cars i suppose shes in the thakral collection? The more I look at it, the more i dislike the whitewalls...

something similar here

Long time no see - Mind blowing - Business Standard Motoring

also was very glad to see MYV 5343, the green mark V jag Drophead...she used to belong to an uncle of mine back in the day in madras, and eventually landed up neglected in pune, when she was restored by Zaheer Vakil and soon sold...originally belonged to the sultan of Brunei.

I took these pics soon after fiddling around removing the suspension bits alongwith the mechanics...20+ years of sitting makes it quite a task!

hey karl.. no, this collection belongs to a man who runs it as more of a business then a collection. Sad, but thats what it is. I believe he is asking 1cr for the 680K currently!

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv2drv (Post 405099)
hey karl.. no, this collection belongs to a man who runs it as more of a business then a collection. Sad, but thats what it is. I believe he is asking 1cr for the 680K currently!

I am Interested, dear friend. can you share some more data??
and would Ishan the Great be able to help out?

is it at chattarpur? the certain guy who had the minerva AL before titus bought it off him. I think I saw this merc with him ten which was way back

yes, the car is in chattarpur and is owned by Ranjit Mallik. He also owned the Minerva previously. The car used to be previously parked at Safdarjung Enclave at his residence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominator (Post 406148)
yes, the car is in chattarpur and is owned by Ranjit Mallik. He also owned the Minerva previously. The car used to be previously parked at Safdarjung Enclave at his residence.

Thats whom i was talkin of but did'nt know if you wanted to give the name out. Anyways, i saw this car parked at his farm with the minerva, was asking some crazy price then too, but then theres no price for such rare things is there?

well now that it is mentioned. yes it was at his farm i found these cars. Its a shame its a business for him. I don't like the idea of such beauties being treated as just business. But what can you do...

i understand what you are saying...

Hello Liv2drv,

Quote:

1927 Mercedes 680K Supercharged. The German car is reported to be the only one of the six that were made by Mercedes Benz for racing
I think its a 1928 Mercedes Benz open tourer, type K, 24/100/180hp (the numbers designate the engine's taxable/naturally aspirated/supercharged horsepower ratings) with a 6.8 liter, 6 cylinder, single carb, supercharged engine, 98mm x 150mm (bore & stroke).

After the Model K, came the famous & successful racing cars, the S (sport) with a 6800cc engine with twin carburettors, SS (super sport), SSK (K for Kurtz, shorter chassis) & then the SSKL (L for Licht or light, holes were drilled in the chassis to reduce weight)

sat

Quote:

1927 Mercedes 680K Supercharged. The German car is reported to be the only one of the six that were made by Mercedes Benz for racing.
liv2drv,

IMHO the car is a 1928 Mercedes Benz type K supercharged, Open tourer, 24/100/180 hp with a 6 cyl, 6.8 liter engine, 98mm x 150mm (bore & stroke).

After the 1926 type K (kurtz for shorter wheel base, 11'2") which had a 6.3 liter engine, came the beautiful & successful S (sports) with 6.8 L engine, twin carb, roots supercharger, followed by the SS (super sports), then the SSK (kurtz) 7.1 liter, the SSKL (Licht or light with drilled chassis to reduce weight)

I had typed out a long mail with a lot more detail which for some odd reason got lost in cyber space when I clicked 'submit reply'.

Sat

Note from mod - Hi, i have merged your 2 posts as they were both slightly different (as opposed to duplicates). Is this the missing post you were talking about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv2drv (Post 405099)

well, its a perfectly legal business, that what coys of kensington , luka huni and cristophe grohe of switzerland, and P&A Wood also do.. nothing to be sad about or look down on... and 1Cr wont get you the car... look at spending 3 plus if you really want to buy it.