Team-BHP - Found this one in Mysore!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   Found this one in Mysore! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/23909-found-one-mysore.html)

I happened to see this in Mysore. It was parked in the garage and the mechanic was talking about fitting a Gypsy engine in it!

Sweet Ride.. He will spoil the entire feel of the vehicle with a Gypsy engine.. Tell him he might as well add a 4x4 with it.. and take it offroading..
These cars should be restored to originality.. not plonk any engine that you get.

Godfather

The car is in neat condition as can be seen from the exterior. I think he is doing a big mistake by putting a gypsy engine in it. As Godfather said these cars should be restored to originality

Our vintage connoisseur Karlos_Deville will have a fit abt the Gypsy engine transplant

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishibravo (Post 434108)
The car is in neat condition as can be seen from the exterior. I think he is doing a big mistake by putting a gypsy engine in it. As Godfather said these cars should be restored to originality

I totally agree! agree: Honestly, she's one beauty!

But according to the mechanic, the engine is in a pretty bad shape. He had great difficulty getting it from some point where it broke down to his garage.

Here are a couple of pictures of the interior that I'd skipped by mistake.

I wanted to take a good neat picture of the dash, but unfortunately the car was too dusty to get in. I will try and get a few more pictures.

Clean it, polish it well, and make it sparkle !! Would make an excellent showcase.. ahem.. garage member.

I suck at identifying vintages... but lemme take a wild guess. Is this a Morris?

there nothing wrong in plonking a modern engine in a vintage to make it a HOTROD..but..that is only if it is gonna be his daily drive..

Ofcourse..the first option would be to restore the engine if it is in a running condition..if we do not get certain items like the engine main bearing etc..then the only option would be to change the engine,,then we could as well plonk a modern engine..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostrider4385 (Post 434210)
I suck at identifying vintages... but lemme take a wild guess. Is this a Morris?

Its not a Morris, its a Hillman.

My friend google tells me that tt is a 1935 Hillman Twenty-70 Limousine.

Hillman Car Club of South Australia – Vehicle Gallery Index

or it could be the hillman minx here

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 434115)
Our vintage connoisseur Karlos_Deville will have a fit abt the Gypsy engine transplant

absolutely! the car looks to be pretty decent at the moment, its not too far to save...an engine can always be salvaged somehow if the major components are intact...we indians are very resourcefull at coming up with adaptations...

moreso, something like an early hillman is very rare, and should be saved...engine transplants can be done in cars like fiats, ambys and morris minors, which can still be had easily and cheaply....the hilman will lose all value once fiddled with...

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 434188)
Clean it, polish it well, and make it sparkle !! Would make an excellent showcase.. ahem.. garage member.

Unfortunately, the car does not belong to me, otherwise I'd have it sparkling clean!

The body has no damages and it would look awesome with a little 3M polishing. And about the engine, the car has been left to the mechanic but I totally agree with the above opinions that it is better to get the current engine up and running.

Is he willing to sell it?

Godfather

If the owner is thinking of plonking a gypsy engine, obviously he does not know the importance of such a vintage. should be easy to wrangle him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 433957)

Before

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 434817)
should be easy to wrangle him.

Yes..Thats what i plan...And Then the ultimate look and make over..
After

Godfather