Team-BHP - How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/2653-how-rich-were-maharajas-before-independence-cars-maharajas-87.html)

How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-jaipur-cadillac-kennedy-colour.png

Presenting the famous Jackie picture in "Technicolor"

Rajkumar Chotrai Bharatendra of Nilgiri with Maharani of Puri.

Clears my doubt on the car finally with this 2nd picture in colour .This is a Golden Anniversary car of Cadillac 1952 while the car at the 21 Gun Salute was an earlier car 1951

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by travancore (Post 4266321)
Attachment 1673935

Presenting the famous Jackie picture in "Technicolor"

The caption suggest that this was the first car in Cutch

Quote:

The first car that came to Cutch in 1912-13 has Maharao Khengarji along with his 5-6 year old grandson Madansinhji seated at the back.
interesting car ?

How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-img20170917wa0001.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1506796)
I found this pic on net of Maharaja of Tana.
How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-rw_tana_harisingh.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentleyrob (Post 1506898)
It looks rather more like a New Phantom or very late Silver Ghost to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 1506963)
We are certain that the cars is a Rolls. See the two projections on the cowl panel outside the windshield. So a P I or a late Silver Ghost.
Cheers harit

Quote:

Originally Posted by travancore (Post 1509395)
This car has been tentatively identified by "experts" as R-R PI Chassis 100EF (originally Udaipur).

Some more information about the above picture

Quote:

Seated in the front : Rawat Hari Singhji -II -Baansi , Rajrana saheb Hari singh ji of Tana

Seated behind :Rawat Sawai Hari Singh ji of Begu, Rajrana saheb of Badi Sadri ,Maharaj Saheb Karan Singh ji of Karjali , Kunwar Harish Chander Singhj of Karjali !
I have been told that the car belonged to the Karjali (Mewar) family, which is another branch of the Udaipur royal family.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~royalty/ips/k/karjali.html

Napier belonging to Maharaja Nabha

Quote:

Originally Posted by KartikeyaL (Post 4274781)
Napier belonging to Maharaja Nabha

How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-nabha-napier-35-hp-1914-top-down.jpg

The same Nabha Napier 1914, top down.

How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-faridkot-fleet.jpg

Out of H.G.Wells' Time Machine - part of the Faridkot fleet that time and history forgot.

Too bad not more of the Bentley is seen.

How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-faridkot-rr-sw-faridkot353.jpg

And the Silver Wraith seems to not want to be part of the family group photo :eek:

From the illustrated London news, February 4th 1911

Princess Leila of Gondal, in her motor car.

How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-gondal.jpg

How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-kohlapur-royal-enfield.jpg

A "Royal" Enfield - Kohlapur

--------------------------------------------------------------------

How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-kohlapur-maybach.jpg

Dassara Procession

A barely visible car can be seen here with Singampatti Raja second from left & Maharaja Baroda

Source:FB

How rich were the Maharajas before Independence! Cars of the Maharajas-bikanir-ganga-singh-raf-wwii.jpg

Maharaja Ganga Singh of Bikanir at a RAF Base, WWII, ca 1940.

I have not tried to identify the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by travancore (Post 4291415)
Attachment 1688225

Maharaja Ganga Singh of Bikanir at a RAF Base, WWII, ca 1940.

I have not tried to identify the car.

This looks to be a 1946 Chevrolet Fleetmaster (46, b cos of the chrome beeding running from the bonnet till the endunder the rear quater glass, found only in 46 model)

Pictures from the Sadul club, (formerly the Victoria memorial club) Bikaner.

Source

Major-General H.H. Shahaji II Bhosle, Maharaja of Kolhapur, GCSI is given guard of honour by the Maratha light infantry regiment, maybe a royal vehicle or an army vehicle can be seen behind.