Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:43   #46

I wonder if I may ask a favour of anyone who has pictures of the rally who would be willing to forward them to us for use on our site. Full acredditiation will be given please PM me for the email address.

Thanks again.

Edward Strickland
Benjafield's Racing Club
Old 4th February 2009, 01:43   #47
Team-BHP Support

Hi Benjafield's,

Welcome aboard and thanks for providing the much needed other side to the story.

The unfortunate turn of events did seem to cast a shadow on the end of your trip, but it seems like it was still a great experience overall!
Hopefully the next trip will be soon.

Possibly a small clarification to your above clarification :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjafield's View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
.... Somewhere Volkswagen India also lent a hand, they gave a car for them to use. ....
Volkswagen were in no way involved in the event and had no input in it what so ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quote from your website
....The odd wilting driver and passenger has found solace in the Taureg all through the rally. What an incredibly kind gesture of Rajan Chugh of the Volkswagon Group to lend this brand new vehicle to the rally and huge thanks too to Richard Charlesworth, with Bentley in Crewe, for putting this in motion. ...
Source

Hope to see some great information exchange happening with you now onboard. Check out our bentley threads in the Vintages section.

Also check out this rally, and the bentley speed six : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...nd-bhutan.html

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th February 2009 at 01:44.
Old 4th February 2009, 09:02   #48
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Again dreadfully sorry to those we disappointed.
Lets put this behind and move on Edward. We have a great selection of cars in India as you may already know and some very passionate owners. We do look forward to your visiting India again and hopefully some of us can join the drives in our cars. Please keep us posted on your next rally here.

I may not have a Bentley but will surely keep up in a Packard

Last edited by DKG : 4th February 2009 at 09:03.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:35   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Benjafield's,

Welcome aboard and thanks for providing the much needed other side to the story.

The unfortunate turn of events did seem to cast a shadow on the end of your trip, but it seems like it was still a great experience overall!
Hopefully the next trip will be soon.
Fingers Crossed.

Quote:
Possibly a small clarification to your above clarification :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjafield's
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit
.... Somewhere Volkswagen India also lent a hand, they gave a car for them to use. ....
Volkswagen were in no way involved in the event and had no input in it what so ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quote from your website
....The odd wilting driver and passenger has found solace in the Taureg all through the rally. What an incredibly kind gesture of Rajan Chugh of the Volkswagon Group to lend this brand new vehicle to the rally and huge thanks too to Richard Charlesworth, with Bentley in Crewe, for putting this in motion. ...
Source
Sorry thought it was implicit that it was VWI in discussion, rather than VWG.

Quote:
Hope to see some great information exchange happening with you now onboard. Check out our bentley threads in the Vintages section.
I am by no means a definitive (or indeed any) authority on these things but can give you as much info on the clubs cars as possible.

Quote:
Also check out this rally, and the bentley speed six : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...nd-bhutan.html

cya
R

Old 5th February 2009, 01:01   #50

Further to clarify VWI were not involved in the organisation but did provide the toureg for which we are deeply indebted.

also I've been informed that the Dutch Speed Six was a 4 1/2 and the all the sixes were in fact english...

see I'm a web Jockey with Fists of Ham!
Old 5th February 2009, 22:45   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Further to clarify VWI were not involved in the organisation but did provide the toureg for which we are deeply indebted.

also I've been informed that the Dutch Speed Six was a 4 1/2 and the all the sixes were in fact english...

see I'm a web Jockey with Fists of Ham!
Any of these wonderful cars have an ex-India connection ? Cheers
Old 6th February 2009, 13:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder if I may ask a favour of anyone who has pictures of the rally who would be willing to forward them to us for use on our site. Full acredditiation will be given please PM me for the email address.

Thanks again.

Edward Strickland
Benjafield's Racing Club
Hi Edward, thanks for theclarifications, I witnessed the cars myself in Ahmedabad, I have many photos and even a lovely video of the same when u visited the WIAA institute in Ahmedabad. Please give me an email address. mine is subodh.nath@gmail.com.
cheers
Old 15th February 2009, 01:03   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subodh Nath View Post
Hi Edward, thanks for theclarifications, I witnessed the cars myself in Ahmedabad, I have many photos and even a lovely video of the same when u visited the WIAA institute in Ahmedabad. Please give me an email address. mine is subodh.nath@gmail.com.
cheers
hi

sorry for the late reply.

all picutres can be sent to press@benjafieldsracingclub.co.uk as it has a large inbox for such things.

There will be a video of he entrie rally online soon (well i say soon sadly my pc is creaking under the weight of attempting to render Hd video into useable files for youtube without it becoming a blurred nightmare!! ) as well as a DVD and possible a bluray of the entire thing.
Old 15th February 2009, 01:05   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Any of these wonderful cars have an ex-India connection ? Cheers
Not as far as we know they were all british or european based originally however the six with the elephant on the radiator cap has been to india before and was given the elelphant to mark this which it has paraded ever since (this however is a recent addition rather than being a traditional radiator cap).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks