Team-BHP - Calcutta-1947 Cadillac Convertible Restoration
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   Calcutta-1947 Cadillac Convertible Restoration (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/53581-calcutta-1947-cadillac-convertible-restoration.html)

Prior to the Tolly Car Show I was in and out of Sanjay's works and parked and neglected was a 47 Cadillac convert, one of my favorite pre 50's cars. Returning about a week later is was almost stripped and the work is progressing at a remarkable rate.

Wish I had taken photos before all the work started but here are some shots that I have taken the past two weeks. when asked what was the color to be, Sanjay said that the customer was considering a maroon. I was able to find a good photo of one done in a dove grey that looked smashing, elegant and show cased the lines of the car. Hopefully the owner will reconsider!

Sanjay's son Billy said he would post photos as the work progresses after I return back to Toronto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john a milne (Post 1174799)
Prior to the Tolly Car Show I was in and out of Sanjay's works and parked and neglected was a 47 Cadillac convert, one of my favorite pre 50's cars. Returning about a week later is was almost stripped and the work is progressing at a remarkable rate.

Wish I had taken photos before all the work started but here are some shots that I have taken the past two weeks. when asked what was the color to be, Sanjay said that the customer was considering a maroon. I was able to find a good photo of one done in a dove grey that looked smashing, elegant and show cased the lines of the car. Hopefully the owner will reconsider!

Sanjay's son Billy said he would post photos as the work progresses after I return back to Toronto.

Notice the fan under the front seat, it's one of two to send heat to the back seat for days such as these photos taken last month by a friend of mine in the western Provinces.

Stopped by Sanjay's for a few things to do on my Fiat 1100 deluxe, great having him 10 minutes away, and took a few shots of the Cadillac and thought I would post them.

Also some shots of another car, should have asked more info about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john a milne (Post 1186932)
Also some shots of another car, should have asked more info about it.

Could this link to the page on the thread help? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1172758

Just to keep it fun, instead of the particular post link...

My heart really cries out when I see such beautiful cars. They look superb with such elegant lines. I really wish I was born when such cars roamed the roads. I wonder if my kids will see the present day cars and have the same sentiments as I do toward the cars of the previous era.

Here's an update on the work being done. Still a long way to go but "the longest journey starts with the first steps"

Some great work being done here. Was the engine rebuilt too John?

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 1200227)
Some great work being done here. Was the engine rebuilt too John?

Don't think so, suggest you email Billy, Sanjay's son @ rajivautocentre@yahoo.co.in and he can fill you in on the details.

its gonna a bea beauty once its done , and also i hope they get o.e tyres and dump the "matador" tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john a milne (Post 1200418)
Don't think so, suggest you email Billy, Sanjay's son @ rajivautocentre@yahoo.co.in and he can fill you in on the details.

Just picked my Fiat up from Sanjay as we are off to Shantinikitan this weekend for our first "big trip". Expect to return home with no problems.

The Big Caddy is being reassembled magically and I checked with Sanjay and they have done up the motor, nothing major just rings, valves and a little of this and a little of that. These engines are massive work horses and take a lot of abuse.

Coming together nicely, wish I was going to be here when it's finished.

Stopped by Sanjay's to do a few small items on our Fiat and took a few photos.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services all over the board.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

A 1947 cadillac of Mr. dharmaditya patnaik, which we are restoring thoroughly right now at rajiv auto centre [sanjay/rajiv ghosh]

Hi friends, this is where we are at the moment with the cadillac. On the verge of starting paint work... Thia is just a coat of surfacer on the car, All the filler work is almost over.....
rajiv....