Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 19:08   #1
BHPian

Model "T" Ford - looking for one

I have a friend who asked me to post a "WANTED-FORD MODEL T" for him.

He is open as to year, model and condition as is prepared to do restore it properly.

Does anyone know of one in need of a good home? Appreciate any assistance.
Old 24th February 2009, 19:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Another Model T in the city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post

He is open as to year, model and condition as is prepared to do restore it properly.

Thats great, John. So now Kolkata might get another model T owner, huh? Of course, Billy would be able to help him out regarding the restoration.

Do keep this thread updated. Will keep my eyes and ears open too.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hello John, your friend will have to wait in a Q, or he will have to be the first to get there when one does come up. We are all looking.
When you go through the earlier threads, someone has mentioned that Ford sold/supplied 22000 T model Ford's in India. Very very few are left, I would guess around 40 cars including those I do not know about. I know of 28 model T's in India and none are for sale at present. I have seen and heard of 4 being scrapped, this was in the 1980's. No one really knew how to fix them anymore, and tyres were not available any more.
Today every collector wants to have one in their collection, just as they want to have a Rolls and MG TC. In and around Mumbai we have 7 T's.
Cheers
Harit
Old 18th December 2009, 16:44   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

John - is your friend still looking for one? A rough project is available here

Find Buy/Sell Second hand cars, Pre owned cars, Buy cars, Sell cars, Find a car, Sell a car Portal, Car Magazines
Old 18th December 2009, 23:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi

Where is your friend based and where does he want the vehicle?
Old 24th December 2009, 20:13   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

This is one picture that I received by mail today showing a Ford showroom from 1917.It was the "T" and only "T" everywhere.
Model "T" Ford - looking for one-ford-1917.jpg
Old 24th December 2009, 20:34   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
This is one picture that I received by mail today showing a Ford showroom from 1917.It was the "T" and only "T" everywhere.
Attachment 250831
This was taken in Madras if I'm not mistaken. 'had received this among many other old pics. of Madras (as it was then called) in an email once.
Old 25th December 2009, 02:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
John - is your friend still looking for one? A rough project is available here

Find Buy/Sell Second hand cars, Pre owned cars, Buy cars, Sell cars, Find a car, Sell a car Portal, Car Magazines

I don't think that's going to be a good project to do since the engine is missing and is difficult to find these engines anymore in india.Apart from that the owner wants a huge price for it which is not at all worth it.

The High ptice is not the problem.The main thing is that after you spend that kind of money on it your still not sure if the car will ever be back on the road as original unless someone has an engine and is willing to part with it.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 25th December 2009 at 02:20.
Old 3rd May 2013, 19:33   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Model "T" Ford - looking for one

Model "T" Ford - looking for one-0502fordfront.jpg

Model "T" Ford - looking for one-0502fordtmuseumlogo300x281.jpg

DETROIT – Birthplace to the legendary Model T, the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant museum and education center have re-opened to the public for 2013.

Built in 1904, the Piquette facility was Ford Motor Company’s first automotive assembly plant and today is the only early American plant of its kind open to the public.

Piquette’s third floor – virtually unchanged from a century ago – visitors have a chance to see where Ford built its first 12,000 Model T cars. Henry Ford designed the Model T at the Piquette location and visitors also can see his “secret room,” his original office, a short documentary about the plant and a number of early automobiles, including a rare Piquette-built Model T.

“The museum provides a rare insight into Detroit’s early automobile history,” notes Nancy Darga, executive director of the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant. “Staffed by volunteers, the museum complex is open to the public from April through October.”

Located at 461 Piquette Ave. at the corner of Piquette and Beaubien in the Milwaukee Junction area of Detroit, the museum has a gift shop and off-street parking.

The museum is open Wednesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.; Saturdays from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., and Sundays from noon until 4 p.m. It is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

( from : Old cars Weekly)
Old 10th May 2013, 23:13   #10
BHPian

Re: Model "T" Ford - looking for one

Gentlemen ,

There is a close friend in Lucknow who has already paid a huge amount of money for a Ford Model-T in Maharashtra , the car photograph appears in one of the old threads .

The car has not been picked up due to local issues - there may be legal issues if the car is sold to someone else.

Regards
Chauhan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks