Team-BHP - 1929 Austin 7 Restoration
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   1929 Austin 7 Restoration (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/64663-1929-austin-7-restoration.html)

This car belongs to Mr. Inder Pal Gill.He has recently restored this car giving it a good restoration to original specs.I am uploading the pics so please have a look and comment and ask questions regarding this vehicle. He is currently getting the canopy done and will upload pics as soon as it is done.

Some more pics of the austin

the restoration is still on ,the hood will be fitted most probably today with madura coats(coats india) canvas

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Boss this is not an original paint scheme that ever came on an Austin. Standard of work is very high but compromises the originality of the car.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Well it is not a original colour scheme but work is of good quality and he is just restoring for his own hobby no competition i guess.

hey i'm new to this site.... and i have a similar car... its an austin 7 ... 1927 working on restoring it. where are u from?

hi!have to restore our friend's Austin 7 model:1932,if any body have a crank and cam,or any possibilty to find a complete engine(distributor mounted on starter motor),pls sms or call 09757017220-
:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by piyush shah (Post 2521180)
hi!have to restore our friend's Austin 7 model:1932,if any body have a crank and cam,or any possibilty to find a complete engine(distributor mounted on starter motor),pls sms or call 09757017220-
:thumbs up

hi,
you can try for a good engine at jama masjid delhi, but mind it the prices are sky high now adays, or you may hunt and try your luck on ebay,i purchased parts during my visit to uk from A7parts uk, the gentleman deals only in austin seven parts -all new or good used,and distributor mounted on starter motor,pls double check its the distributor mounted on dynamo not starter,the starter lies near the flywheel

I have not visited the BHP site for a while and so missed this thread when it was active.

Obviously some effort has been put into the refurbishment of the vehicle -like others, I think a different shade of green might be preferable; certainly the colour shown never came from Longbridge but this is a question of personal taste.

However, what is not a matter of personal taste is the date of manufacture. It is highly unlikely that the car was made in 1929 - I would be prepared to bet that it wasn't. Much more probable is that it is a steel-bodied model from 1930/1932 and is quite different in many respects from the 1929 variant; they don't even look the same.

Wumpletoad.

Restoring 3 different "Austin 7 Chummy" Model 1929 , 1930 & 1932 at my restoration studio, will soon be sharing pics at different stages of restoration....

Can you help me re the Austin 7 as follows: My name is Nick Mayne and I am a member of the UK Austin 7 Club and specifically of our local Cambridge branch. You may have heard that next year there is an A7 Centenary rally in England and it is hoped there will be up to 1000 cars there.

The age range is A7s up to 1940 but not other Austins.

My club has agreed to contribute to the celebrations by providing a display of information about A7s abroad and possibly you can help. What we would like is high resolution photographs of A7s that can be enlarged for a presentation card and a short history summary especially how the car came into your country. Any racing pictures would of course be welcome. It would also be amazing to have some input from anyone who has been involved in manufacture/repair/sales of A7s in the past; perhaps they have some good pictures! Hopefully you can forward this request to any of your members who have A7 cars or who have done in the past.

Should any information you supply not be chosen for the exhibition then I will get it put into the main archives: two of our members are also officials for the main club.

For your interest, I have rebuilt an A7 AVG 1932 Van and am now re-building a 1936 Morris 8 2-seater Series 1. Many decades ago I worked for 5 years at Rolls Royce Motor. I do hope you can help. If you know of any other links please tell me.
Nick

Indroit, please could you ask Mr. Inder Pal Gill if he could email me with a high resolution picture and as much history as possible of his Austin 7 to my email nickbomayne@tiscali.co.uk I would like to use the information for the Austin 7 Centenary in the UK next year where there will be 1000 A7s present.
If you know of any others then please pass the request on.
Your help will be appreciated, Nick

Indroit is it possible for you to get me a high resolution picture of this Austin and information of its history from importation? I think I already said I would like it to possibly use for the A7 Centenary celebrations in the UK next year.
My email is nickbomayne@tiscali.co.uk and any large files can be sent using 'wetransfer' or 'dropbox', I really would appreciate your help. Thanks, Nick

Indroit are you able to get me a high resolution photograph (eg 1Mb) of this car and its history as far back as possible? I am compiling information of Austin 7s abroad for the UK centenary celebrations in July but need material soon. Could you please answer using my direct email nickbomayne@tiscali.co.uk so a high res picture arrived ok? Appreciate your help, Nick Mayne (Member of Cambridge Austin Seven Club UK)