Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 16:46   #1
BHPian

My Classic CZ 150

Hi guys,
Just taking delivery of my Prewar CZ 150 (1938). Have had to work quite a bit to ensure that it is close to the original stock condition that it came out in. enjoy the pics.
Am hoping that someone will be able to help me source the original petrol tank caps that came on this bike...
niggling problems with the joints at the cylinder and silencer (in the process of being sorted out)
also silencers have been fabricated from scratch.

The vehicle was obtained in really bad condition. It was against a tree and the tank had been smashed into by the trunk during the rains. it remained like that for a period of almost 30 years before it came into my hands and currently runs like a dream. Still in the process of running it in.

Shanx
Attached Thumbnails
My Classic CZ 150-left-view.jpg  

My Classic CZ 150-tail-lamp.jpg  

My Classic CZ 150-top-tank-view.jpg  

My Classic CZ 150-silencers.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2010, 00:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaSun View Post
Hi guys,
Just taking delivery of my Prewar CZ 150 (1938). The vehicle was obtained in really bad condition. It was against a tree and the tank had been smashed into by the trunk during the rains. it remained like that for a period of almost 30 years before it came into my hands and currently runs like a dream. Shanx
Could you post pictured before restoration? Thanks, harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2010, 06:51   #3
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaSun View Post
Hi guys,
Just taking delivery of my Prewar CZ 150 (1938). Have had to work quite a bit to ensure that it is close to the original stock condition that it came out in. enjoy the pics.
Shanx

Hi Shanx,

Congratulations on the CZ. You seem to have a knack of picking old Jawa's. I have seen your Jawa Perak restoration too. Well Done.

Harit has rightly asked for the pictures, this will enable us to appreciate the restoration.

Cheers

KPS
Old 26th October 2010, 14:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Hi Shanx,

Congratulations on the CZ. You seem to have a knack of picking old Jawa's. I have seen your Jawa Perak restoration too. Well Done.

Harit has rightly asked for the pictures, this will enable us to appreciate the restoration.

Cheers

KPS
thanks KPS and Harit,
Actually I dont have any photographs of the bike before the restoration. I took over the bike after partial restoration had already taken place... but the amount of cosmetic work that took place before that was enormous.
I took over the bike after an initial paint job (kaam chalauu) was done and then took up the work on the engine.
reboring, new pistons, new air filter, new silencers, rechroming (after the kaam chalau bit), in fact some work still left on obtaining the original carburettors (amal) used on these bikes...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks