Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 22:23   #46
BHPian

Re: Ideal cruising speed on a motorcycle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hi Sajeesh,

Going a bit OT here now that ideal cruising has been covered. Can you post a small review on the bike? Can't seem to find one on tbhp.
Hi Creative420,

As requested by you , i have posted a short review of my bike , AS 200. Kindly read through the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sar-200-a.html

Happy reading!
SAJEESH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 15:44   #47
BHPian

IMHO, ideal cruising speed for bikes will be in the range of 70-75 KMPH. Indian roads are dangerous for 2-wheelers.
Anything can happen anytime. A dog can jump or whatever.
Old 10th January 2022, 12:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
The purpose of any transmission system is to allow the engine to operate within a narrow speed range (in terms of RPM) while giving the machine itself a relatively wide road speed range. This is because,even though all engines are capable of operating over quite a large rev range, they only operate at their most efficient within a narrow band of that range.
-Motorcycle Basics Techbook

Keeping this in mind are people aware of what this most efficient narrow band is for some of the more common bikes? More specifically I would like to know this range for Apache RTR 200, KTM Duke 250, and Honda CB 350.

I understand that individual riding style, road conditions, environment etc affects how fast you should be riding a bike. However, this question is more technical and about the engines and bikes themselves rather than a combination of the ride, the rider and the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks