Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2018, 16:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Duke 390 accident: Golden Quadrilateral record attempt gone wrong!

I feel for the kid who attempted a daring dangerous task.

I see numerous factors here;

- Luck! Prime factor. If it’s by your side, you can just escape anything life throws at you. It’s not available in abundance and certainly not available all the time. So please do watch out for yourself.

- Unsafe roads! Though our National & State highways are improving at a larger ratio, it still leaves a lot of holes in the process such as restricting the movement of any terrestrial bodies from crossing the roads. Be it any human or animal, they are all having access to just hop in the middle of no where into our cruising paths causing dangerous mishaps such as this!

- Certainly the vehicle chosen for such attempts should seriously be eligible. In this case, Duke is certainly a formidable bike, no doubt! But with a minimum capacity of fuel tank i.e. 10ltrs of capacity, which led the rider to carry extra gallons of gas (same case with any bikes) that triggered the fire and consumed the bike. Though carrying fuel is a good idea incase of situations running out of fuel, rider can quickly refuel from the container and reach the nearest pump. Perhaps the carriage source should have been made in such a way that, if it comes into contact of any sort of friction, it shouldn’t spark a fire. Not sure if there’s any such materials available. If there are any our guys here know of, please do share the link for the product for our fellow bikers who go on expedition can carry a safe package to transport fuel along.

Ride safe and stay safe my fellow bikers! I hope NHAI awakens to ensure atleast highways are safe from animals or people crossing the lanes.

Last edited by gururajrv : 12th March 2018 at 16:58.
Old 20th April 2018, 12:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

One more Saddle Sore aspirant dies.

https://www.ndtv.com/kerala-news/ker...ome-topstories

This time it is a CBR 250R, rear ending a truck.
Old 20th April 2018, 12:27   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
This time it is a CBR 250R, rear ending a truck.
Another report mentioned that the lorry driver was arrested. If a vehicle (bike or autorickshaw) slams into our car from behind and there are casualties, we can get arrested for rash and negligent driving?

Quote:
motorcycle slammed into a lorry that was ahead of him and had braked suddenly, police in Karnataka said, adding a case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against the lorry driver.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 12:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Another report mentioned that the lorry driver was arrested. If a vehicle (bike or autorickshaw) slams into our car from behind and there are casualties, we can get arrested for rash and negligent driving?
Yes. After all this adheres to the time tested rule of "the bigger vehicle is always at fault".
satishv1987 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks