Team-BHP - The Riding Gear thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   The Riding Gear thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/42000-riding-gear-thread-321.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aston_martyr (Post 5688802)
How does this even happen? Not sure what kind of motocross boots he was on, but he was wearing pretty good gear by the looks of it.

Is this just a case of wrong place wrong time? BTW I was browsing around for some ADV boots and this came up on my feed.

Really scary!! Not sure what kind of boots he was using but it makes a really good case for wearing proper ADV riding boots. I own a pair of Falco Avantour 2 and they're fantastic. Can't believe something like this could happen while wearing shoes like those!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwanderlustdrv (Post 5692082)
Really scary!! Not sure what kind of boots he was using but it makes a really good case for wearing proper ADV riding boots. I own a pair of Falco Avantour 2 and they're fantastic. Can't believe something like this could happen while wearing shoes like those!

How long have you had the falco's for?
I am trying to source one for myself and for the life of me cannot find my size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aston_martyr (Post 5692144)
I am trying to source one for myself and for the life of me cannot find my size.

I bought them in July last year for my Pune to Ladakh solo ride. The best part about them is that they're very comfortable for an all day / multi day ride!

Here's a reel that I'd made featuring them

https://youtube.com/shorts/zOB-dEzoqko?feature=share

Quote:

Originally Posted by prakash_ajp (Post 5677062)
Hello all, I am looking for a pair of riding pants. A significant portion of my rides will be in rainy hills. Now, I ride with a non-waterproof pants and carry a decathlon rain pants. But the gymnast in me (or the lack thereof) just dreads the idea of putting on the rain pants by the roadside.

My main requirement (apart from safety) is, they should look understated, as close to regular trousers as possible (but not jeans), for e.g the Kelshi riding trousers from RE. But that one lacks waterproofing. I see the Tso Kar being recommended here for its waterproof qualities. Except the contrasting white RE branding at the bottom, I like the latter.

Is there anything else comparable in this price range, i.e. around 10K? TIA!

Guys, I need some help. After failing to find these pants even after calling/visiting half a dozen RE showrooms in Bangalore, I ordered the Tso Kar pants online. But the fit just wasn't good enough. The knee guards were too low, the waist too loose and height also was on shorter side. So, even ordering a smaller size doesn't look like will solve the problem.

Can someone please recommend an alternate (my requirement is waterproof, all weather pants) that I can try and buy in Bangalore? TIA!

My Review of the Rynox Stealth Air Pro based on my 15000+ kms experience

=================================================

Hey there, awesome readers! Welcome back to another ride-packed article! I hope you're all cruising through life like a well-oiled machine.

Recently, I embarked on my longest solo adventure, navigating the picturesque landscapes from Pune to the breathtaking Ladakh on my trusty KTM Duke 200. Now, when you're riding solo, safety becomes your co-pilot. That's where my game-changing riding partner comes in – the Rynox Stealth Air Pro. Priced at Rs. 9850, it's not just a jacket; it's the unsung hero of my Ladakh escapade.

Curious to know why? Check out the action in this quick video I threw together:

https://youtu.be/sW6GHeJ-ulM

But if you prefer the good old written word, buckle up, because I'm about to spill the beans on why this jacket is the ultimate sidekick for a Ladakh Bike Ride!

Let's kick off with the superhero of all features – Safety:

The Riding Gear thread-cordura.jpg

This bad boy is armored with Invista 1000D Cordura material, the superhero fabric that laughs in the face of abrasion. I'm talking about a material that says, "Bring it on!"

The Riding Gear thread-armours.jpg

Plus, the Cerros Zero G CE2 Level Protectors for the back, chest, shoulders, and elbows ensure you're not just safe but also snug as a bug after a full day's ride. Trust me, it's top-notch gear!

Now, let's talk about Ventilation:

The Riding Gear thread-ventilation.jpg

Ladakh, a high-altitude cold desert, can surprise you with scorching heat when the sun decides to play its part. Imagine getting a heat stroke amidst the stunning mountains! Fear not, because this jacket comes prepared with full mesh panels, including 4 intake vents, 4 cross vents, and 2 exhaust vents. Pair it up with a slick compression T-shirt or the highly recommended Rynox Vapour Pro Upper Base Layer, and you've got yourself a breezy, cool ride.

The Riding Gear thread-rynox2.jpg

And when the clouds roll in and the temperature drops, throw on the Rynox Swarm Winter jacket, snug as a bug, and continue your journey without a shiver in sight.

Now, onto the real game-changer – Hydration & Storage:

The Riding Gear thread-rynox4.jpg

This jacket is a storage wizard, equipped with pockets and nooks for all your essentials. Ever thought of carrying a 2-liter water bladder? Well, this jacket has a secret spot for that!

The Riding Gear thread-rynox5.jpg

And for the tech enthusiasts like me, there's a sneaky back pocket where a USB-C cord runs parallel to the water pipe – the perfect hiding spot for a 10000 mAH power bank to keep my GoPro alive and kicking all day long.

The Riding Gear thread-rynox6.jpg

Let's talk pockets – mobile phones get their own cozy space inside the jacket,

The Riding Gear thread-rynox8.jpg

while two flap pockets up front guard my wallet and iPhone, ready for impromptu vlogging.

The Riding Gear thread-rynox9.jpg

Right behind these flaps, two zipper pockets play host to all the odds and ends – USB cords, balaclava, keys, you name it.

With this much storage and an arsenal of features, this jacket has become my wingman – no need for thigh bags or side pouches. It's the all-in-one solution for a vlogger and a long-distance rider like me, and it's already clocked over 15000 kms, including the epic 16-day journey from Pune to Ladakh!

The Riding Gear thread-rynox1.jpg

So, my fellow riders, still on the fence about which jacket to pick for your Ladakh escapade? Trust me, the Rynox Stealth Air Pro is the unsung hero you've been waiting for. Happy riding!

This is not a paid promotion. I do not get anything if you purchase this jacket after reading my article or seeing my video. If you find this article useful and if you would like to see more articles from me please give a thumbs up and leave a comment. This really encourages me to write more such articles! Thanks for reading!

Quote:

Can someone please recommend an alternate (my requirement is waterproof, all weather pants) that I can try and buy in Bangalore? TIA!
I'm not sure what you mean by that... IMO there's no such thing as waterproof pants. You need ventilated pants which are abrasion resistant and come with armours such as the Rynox Storm Evo which I used for my Pune to Ladakh ride. Very comfortable.
It did rain a couple of times I had carried Zeel rain trousers. I wore those instead of the Rynox pants. So no knee guards but my riding shoes are full length with good protection upto the shins so I was fine in the rains.

For 10k, no such Indian riding pants exist. Fancy stuff from alpinestar, dainese, foreign brands available with goretex or proprietary fabrics. I understand the convenience part. Best option is to get a full textile pant with closable mesh panels; use water repellant spray coating on that. Muc-off had those fabric coating cans earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwanderlustdrv (Post 5693427)
I'm not sure what you mean by that... IMO there's no such thing as waterproof pants. You need ventilated pants which are abrasion resistant and come with armours such as the Rynox Storm Evo which I used for my Pune to Ladakh ride. Very comfortable.
It did rain a couple of times I had carried Zeel rain trousers. I wore those instead of the Rynox pants. So no knee guards but my riding shoes are full length with good protection upto the shins so I was fine in the rains.

The Tso Kar trousers I mentioned does carry the description that it is waterproof. And so do few other trousers, for e.g. the RS Taichi Drymaster Explorer Riding Pants. I see that they are textile pants with vents that can be closed when needed. So, I was under the assumption that there are such options. IIRC, some bhpian (not sure if it was Neil or someone else) did comment on these trousers and the waterproof abilities in the past, but just can't find anyone owning here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senotrius (Post 5693630)
For 10k, no such Indian riding pants exist. Fancy stuff from alpinestar, dainese, foreign brands available with goretex or proprietary fabrics. I understand the convenience part. Best option is to get a full textile pant with closable mesh panels; use water repellant spray coating on that. Muc-off had those fabric coating cans earlier.

I am willing to double my budget, for e.g. for the RS Taichi Drymaster Kompass Black Riding Pants but would like to get some firsthand opinion and info on where I can find them in Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prakash_ajp (Post 5693697)
I am willing to double my budget, for e.g. for the RS Taichi Drymaster Kompass Black Riding Pants but would like to get some firsthand opinion and info on where I can find them in Bangalore.

I believe the RE Tso Kar is the cheapest waterproof pant in India.
6kiom in Bangalore has RS Taichi Drymaster. I've tried them on at the store in the past - https://g.co/kgs/7sWnLpb

If you are willing to go Gore-Tex, BigBadBikes is another place you can check out - https://g.co/kgs/D6mUvjA
They sell Klim. Expensive and dangerous territory rl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwanderlustdrv (Post 5693356)
And when the clouds roll in and the temperature drops, throw on the Rynox Swarm Winter jacket, snug as a bug, and continue your journey without a shiver in sight.

My experience with the cold was different. I visited Ladakh mid September. At places like Tanglang La, despite wearing a thermal inner layer and a fleece jacket under my Royal Enfield Nirvik Jacket with thermal layer and the rain liner of the jacket worn on top of it to act as a wind cheater, I felt the stabbing cold in the chest, when the motorcycle was in motion.

Edit : One key feature you forgot to mention about the Rynox Jacket : The provision for Rynox lumbar belt to be routed through the inside of the jacket, which the company claims to reduce the weight of the jacket to a certain extent. (PS: My friend wore this jacket to the Ladakh trip)

regards adrian

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrian (Post 5693887)
At places like Tanglang La, despite wearing a thermal inner layer and a fleece jacket under my Royal Enfield Nirvik Jacket with thermal layer and the rain liner of the jacket worn on top of it to act as a wind cheater, I felt the stabbing cold in the chest,

I crossed Tanglang La in the 2nd week of Sept too on my way back from Ladakh! What I did miss are good winter gloves. But the Rynox jacket and the winter liner and a tee on top of a full sleeve compression tee were sufficient to keep me warm. Besides layering, I guess acclimatisation also plays a significant role.

I had been on the road since the 25th of Aug and reached Leh on 31st going across Srinagar. Before attempting Tanglang La (and the Leh Manali highway) I'd spent a very cold night stay at Pangong Tso. Guess that made things a little more comfortable for me on the way back! :)

If someone is interested in waterproof winter riding gloves, Royal Enfield Leather Blizzard Riding Gloves is available at Rs 1875 (50% discount) on Myntra and Tata Cliq.

Its a steal at this price!
(I ordered it on Myntra)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay0612 (Post 5694418)
If someone is interested in waterproof winter riding gloves, Royal Enfield Leather Blizzard Riding Gloves is available at Rs 1875 (50% discount) on Myntra and Tata Cliq.

Its a steal at this price!
(I ordered it on Myntra)

Seems like it was a one-day deal kinda sale. Just checked and both the retailers are selling at MRP now... Missed the offer sale! :sadface

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreezeRiDrives (Post 5695179)
Seems like it was a one-day deal kinda sale. Just checked and both the retailers are selling at MRP now... Missed the offer sale! :sadface

Yes. I was looking for waterproof gloves and was daily checking for any offers. This deal came out of the blue and seems too good to be true. Hence I ordered and also shared the details here. Screenshot of deal is below.
The Riding Gear thread-screenshot_20240107093320454_com.android.chrome.jpg

I don't think we will get such a deal soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aston_martyr (Post 5692144)

Check with Highlander in HSR Layout (link).

I bought my Falco Marshall boots from them. Very comfortable for all-day riding and very comfortable to walk with them on as well.