Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 17:55   #1
BHPian

Helmet Visor Screw Lost! Cant Find a new one

Hi Guys,
I just happened to lose my helmet's visor screw and its cover,
I inquired at a few shops but they said that they dont have it, so now I am in great distress as I ride my apache without wearing a helmet and cannot afford a new one (strictly against Team-BHP rules ).

So can anyone please help me find it and courier it to me or tell me a shop from where I can buy one (in Delhi , Amritsar, or Jalandhar)

The Helmet is a MPA Sting
Please Help !

Thanks !Helmet Visor Screw Lost! Cant Find a new one-hi.jpg
Helmet Visor Screw Lost! Cant Find a new one-h2.jpg
Old 2nd February 2009, 18:16   #2
BHPian

Karol Bagh Delhi Scooter MArket, you will find one their easily.
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you try visiting a local hardware shop for the screw? You may get something as a temporary fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsingh007 View Post
Hi Guys,
so now I am in great distress as I ride my apache without wearing a helmet and cannot afford a new one (strictly against Team-BHP rules ).
Also, I dont understand riding without the helmet part. You can remove the visor and ride with the helmet and a pair of goggles on.

- Jag
Old 4th February 2009, 08:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Still if you dont find the screw, i would suggest screw the screw. Buy some eye gear normally worn by the off road racers(i dont know what it is known as, i hope you got what i intend to say). It will cover your face as well.

BTW, nice helmet.

Raj.
Old 4th February 2009, 10:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Still if you dont find the screw, i would suggest screw the screw. Buy some eye gear normally worn by the off road racers(i dont know what it is known as, i hope you got what i intend to say). It will cover your face as well.

BTW, nice helmet.

Raj.
this is what I meant:
Helmet Visor Screw Lost! Cant Find a new one-016992.jpg

all the best.

raj.
Old 9th February 2009, 13:30   #6

Can provide you with the original screw but in Bombay
Old 9th February 2009, 17:08   #7
BHPian

Zilfi it will be really nice of you if you ship it to amritsar, via snail mail , i will pay for the shipping and the spare screw.
as it is less than 1 gram shipping will not be of any problem
Thanks
Rahul
Old 9th February 2009, 17:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Rahul, just look in any builders hardware store where you get stuff like door handles and things. They will have this screw for sure. Just take your helmet along to check the screw for size.
Old 9th February 2009, 18:34   #9
BHPian

Hey! That's the very Helmet I own, albeit mine's without the graphics

I recently brought its Visor from Bengaluru, from a Helmet Dealer near Urvashi theater. Hey had quite a lot of spares, may be he keeps their screws as well. I don't know the exact name of the location, there's a LML stockist as well nearby. Probably some fellow BHPians might help. If you know some one in Bengaluru, you can procure from them.

Last edited by five46 : 9th February 2009 at 18:39.
Old 11th February 2009, 13:42   #10

Hey Rahul. Please PM me your complete name and residential address
Old 11th February 2009, 20:12   #11
BHPian

I lost a helmet screw as well (was a normal screw unlike you have) , went to a local shop for a replacement taking the helmet, the shopkeeper said 30rs , for a simple screw i thought he was screwing with me , so i said to myself screw it , i digged in deep into the screwdrawer *a drawer in an old cupboard with lots of screws nuts bolts and what not* found one which probably fit into somepart of the maruti car, doesnt match , but does the job, dont feel screwed.
Old 20th February 2009, 18:56   #12
BHPian

Thanks a ton Zulfi for sending me a screw, I truly appeciate your generosity and will like to help you in anyway possible
Old 20th February 2009, 20:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

So, this thread is all about getting screwed !!
I had changed my visor recently, left screw always gets lose in few times of raising and lowering the visor. I am tired of tightening it, but it doesnt stay. Anybody who can courier me a helmet that is not used but in good condition ? Or a suggestion that can solve this mechanism. Mine is a Volga (model city rover) with normal looking screw on both sides.
Old 27th December 2017, 12:52   #14
BHPian

Re: Helmet Visor Screw Lost! Cant Find a new one

Bumping an old thread as I have similar requirement. I have a vega half face helmet ( Cruiser) and the visor screw is missing.
Where can I find the screw in Mumbai? Was contemplating getting one from a hardware store, however if a replacement can be found, I would like to go in for that option first.

I would also like to get the helmet painted/decaled, as I am bored of the full black colour. Anyone offering such service?
Attached Thumbnails
Helmet Visor Screw Lost! Cant Find a new one-41ipnk3egl._sx450_.jpg  

Old 27th December 2017, 13:08   #15
BHPian

Re: Helmet Visor Screw Lost! Cant Find a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Bumping an old thread as I have similar requirement. I have a vega half face helmet ( Cruiser) and the visor screw is missing.
Where can I find the screw in Mumbai? Was contemplating getting one from a hardware store, however if a replacement can be found, I would like to go in for that option first.

I would also like to get the helmet painted/decaled, as I am bored of the full black colour. Anyone offering such service?
I was in similar situation when I needed Studds Ninja one side screw. I just went to a random helmet shop and he could manage the one similar size, but it was not exact fit length wise and it was protruding to some extent. It is still holding up, though I am not using it as I upgraded my helmet.

KK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks