Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2066.html)

If this type of accident had happened outside India, nobody would've batted an eyelid because everybody expects their car to be safe to a certain degree, really sad considering it is 2020. This is a dig at the car companies who do not offer safe cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl (Post 4829793)
If this type of accident had happened outside India, nobody would've batted an eyelid because everybody expects their car to be safe to a certain degree, really sad considering it is 2020. This is a dig at the car companies who do not offer safe cars.

True this is valid for the tin cans offered by Maruti in India. Whenever I see a Maruti car on road I am still not able to understand what is more precious life or fuel economy or cheap service. :Frustrati

Crashes like this must teach manufacturers like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai & Renault to build safer cars for the masses.

Its shocking how arrogant Maruti is to actively boycott GNCAP!

Kudos to Tata for giving safety highest priority across-the-board. Also kudos to Mahindra for launching cars like the XUV300.

Human life is way more valuable than "Kitna deti hai"!

Yet another moron in the driver's seat. I am speechless (but can still type) when I see such reports.

Just mind blowing that there are so many people who have not realized how big a responsibility it is when in the driver's seat and what the consequences can be if things go wrong.

No matter what sort of build the car, it should be driven the way it is meant to be handled. There is no point in comparing the build here. If this accident happened due to the reckless dangerous driving and the confidence driver had to do this stunt is based on the build quality of the car, then it is a shame.
What if other vehicle/pedestrian was involved? Build quality won’t save those unlucky people.
If this is due to reckless driving and the owner was the driver, I don’t have anything more to say other than this. He/she deserves to get the car destroyed and actually should not be allowed to drive at all.

However if it is any other reason, I do feel sorry for the driver and is happy that he/she came out without much injury.

My humble opinion: As auto enthusiasts, it is high time we stop estimating/comparing build quality by looking at crash pictures. No 2 accident scenarios and no 2 drivers are the same. This is the reason we have crash test ratings. While in the same segment, and price range, compare crash test ratings, that is the best we can do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4829721)
Car has taken the impact very well, but the quoted article looks more like an paid advertisement.

Tata bashing started? Sad state of mind. Would you have said the same thing if it was three pointed star? Be realistic sir, accidents do happen and this is not the first time Tata had saved the morons driving itclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxinboy (Post 4830006)
Tata bashing started? Sad state of mind. Would you have said the same thing if it was three pointed star? Be realistic sir, accidents do happen and this is not the first time Tata had saved the morons driving itclap:

I don't see any bashing on my post, I just said it
"looks like a paid advertisement" as it focuses more on the brand of the car involved and how driver wouldn't have survived had it been some other brand.

Article says it could have turned fatal if it wasn't for Nexon's build quality, does that mean XUV 300 would have faired much worse? How about Ecosport?

And about their way of describing an accident! Car banged into something clap: probably an article written just by seeing few pics mailed to them. Adds zero value.

P.S: owned a Tata car till last year.

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:

I would like to inform that the person who drove the Nexon is a member of our Kerala Nexon owners group. This accident happened around 4:00 AM as the driver fell asleep at the wheel for a moment and lost control of the vehicle. It was not due to any rash driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4830500)
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts

Still negligent driving, surely?

Quote:

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Driving under circumstances that cause you to fall asleep is rash driving. Just like cornering at a speed that you can't control the car is rash driving.

How to crash a car on an empty road in Munger, Bihar
https://youtu.be/txucpAMnPgo

This Baleno driver managed to crash into a pole in an empty road. I'm not sure if he was distracted or if he was trying an evasive maneuver (before he comes into the CCTV frame).

Quote:

Somebody noticed all these posts and quickly sent across a message for some damage control.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiRoss (Post 4830988)
This Baleno driver managed to crash into a pole in an empty road.

Driver doesn't hit the brake till he crashes into the pole. Probably drunk or dozed off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 (Post 4829732)
An engine flying out of its bay in one piece in an accident is unheard of, as far as I know. I can only imagine the kind of force required to break those heavy-duty engine mountings.

On the contrary, most safe cars are designed such that the engine breaks free on a very severe head-on collision and slides under/away from the car rather than the engine getting punched into the passenger compartment and crushing the occupants.

This is a safety aspect that ensures that the enormous forces from a collision are directed away from the passenger frame. Engine mounts are designed to break free during a severe collision. There are several such accidents reported and is not a rare scenario.