Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2068.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiRoss (Post 4829391)
If anyone has more confirmed facts please add on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 4829412)
That's a Bailey Bridge .

I am surprised, there are multiple such Bailey bridges in various sections of Uttarakhand, and there are a few rules which are followed by all:
1) Only one vehicle at a time
2) No overloaded trucks allowed

These guys broke the cardinal rule. Also the news piece has clarified that the SDM has stated "an FIR will be filed against the truck driver".

Quote:

Originally Posted by VKumar (Post 4833071)
Also the news piece has clarified that the SDM has stated "an FIR will be filed against the truck driver".

Thankfully an alternative bridge has been constructed by the BRO in 5 days.

Link

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-a7209fd68d3143389bb84fc5d2419063.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-551c05b47243467698fe0be13a072ae6.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5a3e19b802bf412c8c655890a88bc11a.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-58eb4f19dc774895ab95e05c8d50cb9b.jpeg

Recent text convo with a friend. I found the last part too funny to even come up with a counter; point proved that money doesn’t necessarily buy you brains. Glad to not be a fellow hot blooded teenager, but tarrying with the more steadfast instead. Take note, kids.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boohooper (Post 4833044)
Many here have mentioned the HUGE Blind Spot that truckers have. Yes. That IS one of the causes of the accident. However, there is also another CARDINAL rule that I find MANY drivers and even more riders break with impunity. OVERTAKING FROM THE LEFT. I see that the Alto driver is a regular breaker of this rule and might have stupidly thought that he could execute this sneaky F1 pass and overtake the lumbering truck.

Hope he remembers this RULE the next time and does not ever think of this maneuver again. A maneuver that I hate.

I also decry overtaking on the left, but there are circumstances in which it is correct and should be safe. A simple example is when there are lanes of traffic taking right or left turn. Even the British Highway Code says something to the effect that one may overtake on the left when traffic is moving in lanes at different speeds.

So, the simple fact of the left-hand overtake is not what is wrong here. What is wrong, (IMHO) is that

a) the car driver did not stop to ask himself why the truck was stopped, and, if he did, he came up with the wrong answer, and didn't allow for might-be-wrong.

b) the truck crossed his lane without knowing that his way was clear, which it was not. Did he have mirrors? Did he look?

Despite mentioning the car driver first, I still put the blame on the trucker here.

Saw this minor crash yesterday at Ghole Road,Pune. It was raining quite heavily and was pretty dark in the evening as well. My guess is driver was not able to see the small divider which doesn’t even have a reflector tape or a board which makes it tough to notice in low visibility conditions.

Poor chap lost the front axle and some more bits of his car because of a stupid design flaw. Occupants were safe though.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-027216280f1b4103a982430b6ce22281.jpeg

PS : Also saw an Innova crashed just 50 metres away from this crash site because of the exact same design flaw. PMC should really rethink their decisions. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4832830)
Did we just talk about build quality of Tata? :D

That's crumple zone working the way it should be. Build quality has nothing to do here.

Vitara Brezza crashes into tree. Happened somewhere in Punjab.

https://youtu.be/bcrahByxV7Y

Quote:

Originally Posted by self_driven (Post 4835525)

The good samaritans in the swift dzire did a commendable job of rescuing the victims. However, the way they parked their car in the middle of the Highway could have potentially lead to another grave accident.

Hope the brezza occupants escaped without major injuries. Glad that no bystanders were near the accident spot.

Quote:

Seems like a joy ride gone bad for some kids, the person who looks like running out of the car at 1:07 mins into the video may be the driver, his sprint after the incident if he indeed is the driver is commendable clap:

Quote:

Not sure if it is just my illusion, but it can be seen that the airbags deploy during the first impact to the Kerb itself and then the car climbs and jumps over it and end up ramming the tree. I vaguely notice that the air bag is already deflated by then and it does not restraint the occupants from the second impact which is the tree.

Any thought on how fast the airbags deflate, micro/milli seconds?

Looks like a tyre blowout on the brezza, on a closer look the front left alloy seems to have given up! Looks to be of some cheap aftermarket ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4835546)
Any thought on how fast the airbags deflate, micro/milli seconds?

From what I know, full inflation is in approx 40 milliseconds from the time of the impact sensor feedback, and the deflation is in a controlled manner through small holes over 2 seconds or so.

A first here ! Thousands of e-rickshaws have been plying on our roads since the past nearly one decade. Today's e-rickshaw explosion in Malda dist. (W.B.) needs to serve as an eye opener, for those who label it as a safe mode of transport. No doubt, there have been a bare minimum of such incidents, but we must always be wary of the inevitable and precautions need to be taken.

We are not sure as to whether it was a maintenance issue or an unique niggle, that was the causative factor for this incident. Things will be clearer after the investigation report (only if well investigated) is out. The report says that two of the four batteries in the e-rickshaw exploded killing the driver. The 26 year old driver's body was ripped into pieces.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...malda/76752646

A car ran over a woman near Chilla Village in Delhi yesterday. Police say, The accused is a Sub-Inspector, he was under the influence of alcohol at the time of incident, drags the victim a few meters before coming to a stop briefly.He has been arrested. Injured is undergoing treatment at hospital."

Later Delhi Police issues clarification, the accused police personnel was not involved in the incident at Chilla village, car was being driven by an individual named Bhanu. The Delhi Police personnel was involved in another case in Gazipur yesterday in which a woman was run over by a car.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1279304122060152832?s=09

Just spotted on outer ring road Bangalore, no details known.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20200704_175922.jpg