Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 06:01   #12766
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
Cars Involved: Silver Swift & Blue Polo
T collision with Polo's side and Swift's bonnet appeared to be mashed up.
Was it dark-blue colour in the Polo? If so then that Polo must be very new as the blue colour is just recently introduced in the Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
The front half is intact, as you see.
That is miraculous escape! I must say that only god saved them, imagine what would have been fate of the rear occupants!
Old 19th February 2013, 06:09   #12767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
That is miraculous escape! I must say that only god saved them, imagine what would have been fate of the rear occupants!
Yeah. I wouldn't believe that too, till I heard the people around the scene repeatedly say about it. No need to mention all who stopped by were equally surprised at this escape. The bus hit the car at the B-pillar just missing the driver.
Old 19th February 2013, 06:19   #12768
BHPian

Read on TOI about a speeding Mercedes knocking down 5 people in Versova, 2 of whom are critical. Here's the link:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18568011.cms
Old 19th February 2013, 09:16   #12769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few pics from an accident I happened to pass by at NH-49 some time back. An esteem crashed with a KSRTC bus while overtaking another vehicle. The driver was drunk, as per information from the locals. The surprise is that both the occupants went home by another bus(they were uninjured!!). The front half is intact, as you see.
The occupants had a lucky day. Reminds me of an accident that happened many years ago in Kozhikkode/Kannur, when two buses crashed in a similar fashion. One of them was racing with another bus, and in an attempt to get back onto the lane, cut sharply, only to be hit somewhere in the middle by the oncoming bus. The bus was intact till the rear axle, but the portion beyond the rear axle was seen lying at a distance away from the spot. Quite a few people lost their lives. Scary

By the way, is it really NH-49, or NH-47? The car is a Maruti 1000 and not an Esteem
Old 19th February 2013, 11:57   #12770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cars Involved: Silver Swift & Blue Polo

T collision with Polo's side and Swift's bonnet appeared to be mashed up.

Couldn't take pics as I was in hurry and no appeared to have sustained serious injuries (gents were arguing..!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Whoa whoa whoa! Where exactly in Chikka Banaswadi did this happen? What time?
Quote:
Near the BP pump on the Chikka Banaswadi road, ~11AM today!.
got some information on this incident.

apparently, the Swift was coming from the Baiyyappanahalli side (going towards CMR college) and the blue car (a Punto according to my neighbour) was trying to join the main road from one of the by-lanes.

the Swift t-boned the blue car (Punto/Polo) on its left side, thereby there were not grievous injuries to the driver. for the Swift fella, the airbags deployed and saved his sorry bum; but not for long. my neighbour tells me that there was a mob of about 70-80 people (i'm thinking exaggerated) who were beating up the driver (the Swift fella i'm guessing).

me thinks the fault lies with both drivers - the blue car fella should have stopped > looked > proceeded and the Swift fella shouldn't have been racing on public roads. didn't see either car on the spot on my way back home.

btw, it seems the accident happened between 9:45am and 10:00am - just 15mins after i passed through that same spot!
Old 19th February 2013, 12:15   #12771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

By the way, is it really NH-49, or NH-47? The car is a Maruti 1000 and not an Esteem
My bad. It's an M1000, not esteem.

It was on NH-49, the Kochi-Madhura National Highway (Now called the 'Dhanushkodi' highway, when it was extended from Madhura to Dhanushkodi).

To add to the surprise, the accident occurred at the centre of the longest stretch( yeah, I mean it. Perfect straight line for half a kilometre at least) in the highway between Kolenchery and Tripunithura.
Old 19th February 2013, 22:29   #12772
BHPian

Saw this accident today morning near Bangalore-Hosur Highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img031.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img032.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img033.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img034.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img035.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img036.jpg  

Old 20th February 2013, 10:37   #12773
BHPian

Quote:
A few pics from an accident I happened to pass by at NH-49 some time back. An esteem crashed with a KSRTC bus while overtaking another vehicle. The driver was drunk, as per information from the locals. The surprise is that both the occupants went home by another bus(they were uninjured!!). The front half is intact, as you see.
Hard to believe that someone survived this horrific crash!
Old 20th February 2013, 11:06   #12774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This guy has used up all the good karma which he has earned. Must really thank his lucky stars. Really cannot imagine how they came through this crash with no injuries. Thank god there was no one in the back seat
Old 20th February 2013, 11:21   #12775
BHPian

Saw a very badly mangled silver/golden toyota innova yesterday at the aiims junction. Like on the road you take when your heading from ina towards aiims.
Old 20th February 2013, 12:43   #12776
Distinguished - BHPian

With 6 lane construction going on in Hosur-Krishnagiri stretch, the number of accidents are on the rise in this stretch. For now, it is better to drive with more caution in this stretch. Drive with an eye out for deviations because in certain locations, the markings are not proper and not very visible after dark. Also, its better to avoid the left most lane(newly laid road) as they are ending abruptly in some of the places.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 18:21   #12777
BHPian

So this is what happened today in a multi car pile up. My dad was driving and he had to apply sudden brakes. I wish my car had ABS . Anyway, now the car will be shifted to the A** tomorrow. As far as i can see , the bonnet, bumper are affected. Lets hope the HID's installed work. Will update you guys tomorrow. And lastly any idea about the estimate ? My dad is a little shaken up so didnt ask him other details. I never thought my car would make it to this thread !!

Aditya
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_000622.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_000623.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_000628.jpg  

Old 20th February 2013, 19:56   #12778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
So this is what happened today in a multi car pile up. My dad was driving and he had to apply sudden brakes. I wish my car had ABS . Anyway, now the car will be shifted to the A** tomorrow. As far as i can see , the bonnet, bumper are affected. Lets hope the HID's installed work. Will update you guys tomorrow. And lastly any idea about the estimate ? My dad is a little shaken up so didnt ask him other details. I never thought my car would make it to this thread !!

Aditya
It doesn't look too badly damaged. Bonnet and bumper mostly by looks of it. Rest of the car seems fine at first glance. Looks minor enough that there shouldn't be damage to the chassis.

If you do a tinkering job low 5 digits, I am guessing (at FNG even high 4 digits). Replacing the parts will get more expensive. Am guessing insurance will cover quite a bit of it, so see if they will replace or repair.
Old 21st February 2013, 19:40   #12779
Distinguished - BHPian

A sedan sighted by me on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, a few days back. Going by the appearance, the accident might have occurred a few days ago.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00698.jpg

Also I could sight a burnt Mahindra Scorpio (not clicked) to the left of the road, while moving to Pune- the same direction in which this sedan was seen.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 21st February 2013 at 19:59.
Old 21st February 2013, 20:14   #12780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gosh ! This is quite scary. It is a Type 1 Esteem and my guess is the car should at least be 15+ years old (given that the facelifted version was launched in Dec 1997 if my memory serves right). From the pics, there is hardly any tread left on the tyres !

Last edited by rr_zen : 21st February 2013 at 20:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks