Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2013, 13:29   #12901
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
For a moment I was happy that there will be 40 less of these rashly driven "Infant" vehicles on the road. But then these were already phased out.
From the pictures the neatly arranged burned out shells mostly look like Tata Wingers to me. Considering that Wingers are relatively newly introduced in 2007, these vehicles must be 4-5 years old at max and I doubt whether these would have been "phased out" vehicles as per the report. Sure does smell like an insurance fraud..doesnt it?
Rajeev1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 13:33   #12902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Most unsafe NH in India, as per the minister more than 800 accidents over the past one year on this road alone!!!
Its actually over three years that as many deaths as said has occured. The road widening is stalled due to environmental clearances and lack of state govt to seriously look at the situation. God knows how many more deaths need to be reported to wake the govt from its slumber.

One high profile accident in Goa where Anand Mahindra's nephew was killed in a road accident. The chap on vacation in Goa riding a scooter was knocked down by a speeding car. Unfortunately the car driver was out on bail as the Goan police failed to conduct the alcohol detection test. More details inthe link.
http://www.business-standard.com/art...1900097_1.html
Old 19th March 2013, 13:50   #12903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For a moment I was happy that there will be 40 less of these rashly driven "Infant" vehicles on the road. But then these were already phased out.
Naaah, this is not a a phased out story. Definitely insurance fraud, or might be underground vehicles which may have caused accidents or some sort of mess.

But like you said, I am overwhelmed that 40 less of those killer cabs on road.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 14:54   #12904
BHPian

There seemed to be a major accident on HSR Layout to Agara right in front of Mantri Apartments. It was RED SWIFT car, which was badly damaged.

There was a huge traffic pile up and saw the car being lifted by a crane and being towed just then.

The small growing tree saplings on the divider were badly hit with all mangles of car being shattered across both sides of the road. Didn't get time to stop due to heavy traffic.

Anyone has any ideas?
Old 19th March 2013, 15:03   #12905
Senior - BHPian

Read about this in the papers today

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-45252_10151309153810793_1191250678_n.jpg
Old 19th March 2013, 15:10   #12906
Team-BHP Support

Disturbing images of the accident on Bombay - Goa highway can be found here:

Link.

It is clear that the driver is at fault for overtaking a vehicle on a narrow bridge. The dreaded Bombay - Goa highway used to be a car guys paradise but it has deteriorated to be hell for motorists.

May the souls of the deceased rest in peace.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th March 2013 at 17:29.
Old 19th March 2013, 16:18   #12907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post

Planning to do the same route in a sleeper bus 10 days later
Cancel the tickets and take a train or fly.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 16:26   #12908
Senior - BHPian

The barricades on the bridge look more like the ones that we have on stairs. Shouldn't they be concrete ones or is it because the bridge itself is too old?
Old 19th March 2013, 16:38   #12909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was my exact thought when I read the paper in the morning. Either ways, that many less 'cabs' on the road since they would not have been lying idle forever.

Would have been happier if they were the smoke belching Grande Mk2 Sumo's .

Last edited by tharian : 19th March 2013 at 16:40.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 16:50   #12910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Read about this in the papers today
Where was that!
I stay just near the location mentioned there, got nothing of these sorts! No mention at all!
Got to find out!
Old 19th March 2013, 19:49   #12911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was grinning as soon as i saw the "40 vehicles gutted" . But my happiness was short lived :(
Old 19th March 2013, 22:01   #12912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Patchyboy shared these pics today of a fire engulfing a parking lot of company cabs somewhere on wind tunnel road, no details of the damage though
Anybody else having more information of this incident?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
From the pictures the neatly arranged burned out shells mostly look like Tata Wingers to me. Considering that Wingers are relatively newly introduced in 2007, these vehicles must be 4-5 years old at max and I doubt whether these would have been "phased out" vehicles as per the report. Sure does smell like an insurance fraud..doesnt it?
Here are some more hi-res photos taken by our office's security manager. My colleagues who went and saw the fire said that it definitely looked like arson, probably for insurance claims, because the vehicles were burning very neatly and the houses right across the boundary wall remained unaffected. In one of the photos you can also see a couple of boys sneaking out with a bus tire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I was grinning as soon as i saw the "40 vehicles gutted" . But my happiness was short lived
There are more Infant's vehicles on road than off it so no respite for us anyway!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130318_115311.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130318_115437.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130318_120552.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130318_120557.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130318_120955.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130318_121001.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130318_121006.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130318_121010.jpg
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 22:48   #12913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post

There are more Infant's vehicles on road than off it so no respite for us anyway!

[/ATTACH]
They (Infants) are going to have a tough time convincing the insurance companies. I happen to have observed another huge "infants" parking lot located off the Krishna Temple Road in Indranagar- in the lane where UM Motors is located. The parking area is access controlled by a barrier and there are enough security staff and drivers milling around during daytime. Any smoke have been noticed immediately. So if the arson theory is correct, we may now know where the next show is going to take place.
Old 20th March 2013, 00:27   #12914
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess it was foul play after all in the parking lot of infants'.

1. Look how closely the wingers have been parked, which is not natural.
2. As mentioned previously, there were people who would have spotted the smoke coming up and contained it. Its not easy for a vehicle to catch fire on its own.
3. Perhaps, the IDV of the vehicles were much more than the actual resale value of the vehicle?

Would be curious to know what will happen next.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:17   #12915
Senior - BHPian

As per reports yesterday, Infants person claim that these vehicles were phased out and not covered under insurance. RC books of these vehicles are surrendered at RTO office to save tax as well.

Edit: TOI report dated 19 March
"....... It took seven fire tenders and two hours for the fire brigade to bring the fire under control.
The operation was overseen by KU Ramesh,chief fire office (east).Sources said police have also started a probe into whether the fire was lit deliberately to stake insurance claims.
Infant's Travels denied the allegation.These are vehicles that are not in service anymore and up for sale.All documents of these vehicles have been surrendered to the RTO office,as it would save tax.So none of these vehicles have insurance.Apart from that,six of our employees were at the spot.They tried to douse the fire when it started, said Satish Kumar Suryavamshi,head of operations,Infants Travels"

Last edited by coolclouds : 20th March 2013 at 09:22.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks