Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 20:27   #5401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
R u sure that it was a two wheeler that rammed both of the cars?
+1. If you are sure, then the bikes might be a Bullet for sure. Looking at the damage of the car, the bikes would have surely been scraped.
Old 17th April 2010, 20:34   #5402
Senior - BHPian

seriously man!!
all Indian 2 wheelers should have their speeds limited to 40 they do not have the stability or control to drive on our roads.
when its raining its a different ball game all together,they should be banned then.
Old 17th April 2010, 20:39   #5403
BHPian

@thrust:
Did you see the G3 City on the Outer Ring Road? Near Majnu ka Tila Gurdwara?
Old 17th April 2010, 20:50   #5404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
+1. If you are sure, then the bikes might be a Bullet for sure. Looking at the damage of the car, the bikes would have surely been scraped.
If not a bullet, it should be some SBK like the R1/Blade/Busa

Seriously, never thought that a Bajaj chetak can do such damage to a Honda city.

BTW, i see that you have clicked the pic of the ANHC while on the go. How did you judge that a Chetak did the damage to it then?

Also the Accent looks like it reversed at full speed onto a pole !
Old 17th April 2010, 21:43   #5405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
seriously man!!
all Indian 2 wheelers should have their speeds limited to 40 they do not have the stability or control to drive on our roads.
when its raining its a different ball game all together,they should be banned then.
There are sign posts everywhere displaying the maximum speed one should drive on. What most of the bikers lack is the common sense.

Bikers in Mumbai have filed a petition because bikes are now banned on JJ Flyover due to the many fatalities caused there. The bridge has dangerous curves where any biker can loose control, be it a Bullet or a Scooty. But these morons challenge the rule just because they need to take a detour
Old 18th April 2010, 00:57   #5406
BHPian

Landed in delhi on friday night. I was just on my way back to my friend's house and what i saw on the road was unbelievable. I could see smoke from the distance. And when we went ahead what we say on gurgao jaipur highway was a red tavera had already collided with the mid road barriers and was on fire. The owner was standing right next to it. Cant say what happened. It broke out on fire first ,then collided or the other way around. The cops were around as well.However no fire tender was on the spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0164.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0165.jpg  

Old 18th April 2010, 03:58   #5407
BANNED

The accent does look like it was hit in the center by a 2 wheeler.

But the Honda accident is what that is unbelievable; so much damage, even the exhaust is broken. Are hondas so flimsy.
Old 18th April 2010, 04:42   #5408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
The accent does look like it was hit in the center by a 2 wheeler.
But the Honda accident is what that is unbelievable; so much damage, even the exhaust is broken. Are hondas so flimsy.
Definitely right on the first one. I am a little circumspect about declaring Honda's as being fragile, but if indeed that is caused by a 2 wheeler, it must have been doing high speeds during the impact.

Usually frontal collisions make modern cars seem built flimsily, but actually they do exactly what they are supposed to, absorb the impact. I believe these were put in place due to pedestrian safety laws in the west. Rear impacts though are different, I would say that Honda needs to look at their design again if this is caused by anything less than a Bullet (with a 100kg man riding it), traveling at nothing less than 60kmph.
Old 18th April 2010, 08:00   #5409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Saw these few days ago:
Honda City was hit by a Bajaj Chetak and the Accent was rammed by a biker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
don't tell me that these accidents aren't inspired from bollywood movies
Looks like the biker rammed at a high speed at that accent and must had tossed off and fell on the car's bonnet.

ANHC hit by chetak and OMG the damage-too much
Well done bajaj chetak & bike. Great impect. What about riders!? Are they as strong as their bikes?
Old 18th April 2010, 08:12   #5410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
gurgao jaipur highway was a red tavera had already collided with the mid road barriers and was on fire. The owner was standing right next to it.
The cops were around as well.However no fire tender was on the spot.
Isn't it extremely dangerous to stand next to a vehicle on fire? An explosion can happen anytime.

This reminds me of the incident in Kollam district in Kerala last December. Fuel tanker hits a car and overturns, some folks are injured. Locals and police immediately start rescuing injured. Fuel starts leaking. Police gets the injured into their jeep and starts it. The ignition from the jeep is enough to cause a huge explosion killing everyone in the vicinity and burning all the shops around.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:20   #5411
BANNED

Guys yes the City was hit by a chetak . I asked the guy driving it at redlight .He was surprised too and felt bad how the city was battered so much .He however did mention the scooter guy was a doodh walla (milkman).
The accent was rammed hard and both the riders were in bad condition but alive.

It funny how a 5000 Rs scooter managed to damage a 10Lakh car so much .I would only say Honda should / must build there cars less fragile and not imitate / compete with Maruti on Weight reduction.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 18th April 2010 at 14:22.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:33   #5412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It funny how a 5000 Rs scooter managed to damage a 10Lakh car so much .I would only say Honda should / must build there cars less fragile and not imitate / compete with Maruti on Weight reduction.
I heard a story that once a Santro banged HCL chief Shiv Nadar's RR and damaged the bumper - the cost of changing the bumper turned out to be bigger than the cost of buying a Santro.

Don't know if it's true, though.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:54   #5413
Senior - BHPian

Modern cars are designed to crumple in order to transfer least bit of accident energy to the passenger shell. So just because the City or Accent looks badly damaged because of a little scooter or bike doesn't mean they are fragile or badly built.

In layman's terms, more crumple zones equals more visible damage for even relatively minor crashes. The cars here have done everything right. They've absorbed the energy and protected the occupants.

Drifter
Old 18th April 2010, 15:06   #5414
BHPian

Quote:
Guys yes the City was hit by a chetak . I asked the guy driving it at redlight .He was surprised too and felt bad how the city was battered so much .He however did mention the scooter guy was a doodh walla (milkman).
May be difficult to break for milkman with load of milk tanks.

Quote:
The accent was rammed hard and both the riders were in bad condition but alive.
Really rammed hard. Looks like rider was on 80+ speed and accent applied brake at once (what ever may the reason). But Twowheel rider should understand that fourwheeler have better breaking efficiancy and it may be dangerous for them.

Quote:
It funny how a 5000 Rs scooter managed to damage a 10Lakh car so much.
Old 18th April 2010, 20:35   #5415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Saw these few days ago:
Honda City was hit by a Bajaj Chetak and the Accent was rammed by a biker.
Really shows the build quality of today's cars that touch speeds upto 200kmph.Luckily it was a Bajaj Chetak. Had the Accent or the City been hit a Jawa/Yezdi or a Lambretta (not talking about the King viz. Bullets)we can well imagine the plight.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 18th April 2010 at 20:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks