Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110113-11.03.00.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110113-10.56.43.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110113-10.57.32.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110113-10.58.06.jpg  

Old 13th January 2011, 14:21   #7307
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

^^^ That's really unfortunate.
Could read a little bit from the newspaper snap and it looks like some lives were lost in that accident. That's really sad.

Last edited by f1fan : 13th January 2011 at 14:34.
Old 14th January 2011, 14:28   #7308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Was that somewhere in Mohali?
That looks like NH21 the turn towards Kharar.

Horrific pics of the Wagon R crushed under the container
Old 15th January 2011, 19:34   #7309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Was that somewhere in Mohali?
The Ford happened in Patiala, Here is another one I saw today in Chandigarh Industrial Area. The cars couldn't be more apart, an Audi rear-ended a Nano, minor touch but both the parties were in dispute for over an hour. (Phone Camera, through the dirty windshield). The picture is an hour after the incident happened and it was still not resolved. Probably the Audi owner was asking for the Nano owner to sell his car to pay for the bumper scratch, where as its clearly the Audi owner fault
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0356.jpg  

Old 15th January 2011, 19:42   #7310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
The Ford happened in Patiala, Here is another one I saw today in Chandigarh Industrial Area. The cars couldn't be more apart, an Audi rear-ended a Nano, minor touch but both the parties were in dispute for over an hour. (Phone Camera, through the dirty windshield). The picture is an hour after the incident happened and it was still not resolved. Probably the Audi owner was asking for the Nano owner to sell his car to pay for the bumper scratch, where as its clearly the Audi owner fault
Lol,thats kinda funny,so any idea,as to what was the outcome?
Btw,is that a crack on your scorpio's windscreen
Old 15th January 2011, 21:05   #7311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Lol,thats kinda funny,so any idea,as to what was the outcome?
Btw,is that a crack on your scorpio's windscreen
No clue on the outcome, as I was on my way back home that I clicked this. Apparently the Nano was Brand New and the owner was not happy for his new car to get a scratch so soon.

Yep, a small stone hit the screen low center and the crack has developed to about 10 inches over past 3 years. I am avoiding replacement as it does not impair my visibility and I have doubt as to the quality of fitments for the new screen.
Old 15th January 2011, 22:43   #7312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Hey, sorry to mention that this rule is introduced in Cochin from today. Guess all other metros already have this.

The rule will be applicable to

1) Improper lane changing
2) Parking on NH
3) Excessive use of horn
4) Rash Driving
5) Driving constantly on the white line
6) For not using indicators

and many more.
One can see many more if one travels from Vytilla to Edappally where flouting traffic rules is quite common.

Some more additions to the list are,
  1. driving through the wrong side confusing oncoming traffic.
  2. Buses stopping at the centre of the lane. (Incidentally there are no off lane bus parking area.
  3. U turners barging into oncoming vehicle in total disdain.
  4. Attempt to U turn from the left lane.
There are many more.
Old 16th January 2011, 15:35   #7313
BHPian

Burnt Car on Santacruz Flyover

Well I saw a well charred Honda City on the Santa cruz fly over yesterday. Had the whole traffic blocked for a few Kms with both the ambulance and fire brigade working over time. Hope no one was injured.

Sorry could not take pics was driving.
Old 17th January 2011, 15:08   #7314
BHPian

Saw this being towed on the way back from work on 15th January '11 near Defense Colony/Lajpat Nagar in Delhi. Don't know how it happened but the damage was bad (whole roof had crumpled back). Looked like a Maruti Suzuki A-Star.

Sorry for the bad pictures, only had my mobile camera and taken from a moving car.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img005.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img004.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img006.jpg
Old 17th January 2011, 17:46   #7315
BHPian

Hope these distractions (mobile shooting) itself not become a reason for accidents. Safe driving everyone.
Old 17th January 2011, 20:29   #7316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
Hope these distractions (mobile shooting) itself not become a reason for accidents. Safe driving everyone.
+1, I have missed a lot of photo opportunities while I was on the road and driving. Safety is primary, All, please be careful when you are tempted to operate the camera while driving, get help from a passenger, or just describe what you saw. I am very tempted to by one of those DVR that you can mount in the car to capture such moments to share.
Old 17th January 2011, 23:50   #7317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeld View Post
Sorry for the bad pictures, only had my mobile camera and taken from a moving car.
Quote:
Quote:
+1, I have missed a lot of photo opportunities while I was on the road and driving. Safety is primary, All, please be careful when you are tempted to operate the camera while driving, get help from a passenger, or just describe what you saw. I am very tempted to by one of those DVR that you can mount in the car to capture such moments to share.

Just a clarity guys, I do not take pictures/talk on phone while driving. The above posted pictures were taken by me from the passenger seat. Safety comes first for me too.
Old 17th January 2011, 23:58   #7318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeld View Post

Just a clarity guys, I do not take pictures/talk on phone while driving. The above posted pictures were taken by me from the passenger seat. Safety comes first for me too.
JC in January edition of Top Gear says with statistics that accident rates and fatalities were much higher 15 years ago when mobile phones were not around and traffic were a lot lesser.
This in no way means that you can talk or SMS at the wheels and when the wheels roll.

Last edited by rajeev k : 18th January 2011 at 00:01.
Old 18th January 2011, 18:25   #7319
BHPian

Quote:
Well i agree too, with all the high tech gizmos in the Audi, he should have atleast seen this coming..I also pity the Nano guy, the cost for the repairs to the rear maybe a considerable percentage of the car price
Old 18th January 2011, 20:56   #7320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
JC in January edition of Top Gear says with statistics that accident rates and fatalities were much higher 15 years ago when mobile phones were not around and traffic were a lot lesser.
This in no way means that you can talk or SMS at the wheels and when the wheels roll.
I'd take his lordship's words with more than a pinch of salt....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks