Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2013, 09:48   #76
BHPian

Re: My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree

Great to see your car back in shape and on road. The job undertaken by the service center has been carried out with great quality and perfection. I wish you miles and miles of safe driving and pray to Almighty that such a situations never encounters you ever again on our roads. All the best.
Old 31st December 2013, 21:44   #77
BHPian

Thanks a ton MaxTorque, it really was a long wait to get TUMBLR back on its feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Let me the first person to congratulate you. Great to see the Italian beauty on road. Happy motoring ahead...
Thanks shankar balan, thanks a ton for the wishes.
Can't wait to get back on roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ah! They have done a fabulous job from the photos!
Good to see the car looking nice and back on the road.
Wishing you many safe miles ahead!

Good to know about your experience as well Rohit, I have some short trips coming up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Wow the car looks brand new. Definitely need to appreciate Vecto Motors for doing such a fine job

Even I had a nice experience with them during my last service. Looks like they are finally pulling up their socks and striving to provide a better service and your car is a testimony of that.

It was really nice meeting you as well although I couldn't spend more time speaking with you. Congragulations once again and wishing you many many safe and trouble free miles.
Thanks Dr Mohit, I am certainly hoping for my Tumblr to sail through the upcoming Miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Always great to see a beauty back in its glory. The work quality looks really good from the pics. Hopefully it will prove to be the niggle free.
Thanks Nitin, it was a grueling 1.5Month, all those waiting and explaining. Its all worth to have him on his shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Wow... The looks are great. I can feel your happiness for having the baby back from the hospital. Wish you many more safe happy miles!
Thanks Mints, Hope our steadfast quest for quality over duration paid off.
Thanks a ton again for the prayers buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Great to see your car back in shape and on road. The job undertaken by the service center has been carried out with great quality and perfection. I wish you miles and miles of safe driving and pray to Almighty that such a situations never encounters you ever again on our roads. All the best.
-------------------
And for T-Bhpians who asked what happened to the poor tree, I would like to say that the tree is still both resolute and in good spirits

Pics were taken a week after accident date
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree-tumblr-crash-site005.jpg  

My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree-tumblr-crash-site007.jpg  

Old 31st December 2013, 22:54   #78
BHPian

Congrats TheHkrish. Let this bring more confidence to punters on owing this Italian beauty. There might be many niggling issues, Irritating noises, ASS problems and all. Ultimately it should be able to save you on road from accidents like this and all others we can live with.
Old 31st December 2013, 23:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting your car back on the road again. It's a complete transformation; and it is nice to see that car is ready to log many more kilometers. The service center has done a very great job there; good that they managed to match the paint exactly.
Old 31st December 2013, 23:25   #80
Senior - BHPian

The car looks brand new. No signs of the accident at all from the pics.

Enjoy the Punto. Wishing you many more safe miles.
Old 15th January 2014, 19:57   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Congrats TheHkrish. Let this bring more confidence to punters on owing this Italian beauty. There might be many niggling issues, Irritating noises, ASS problems and all. Ultimately it should be able to save you on road from accidents like this and all others we can live with.
Thanks devil_klm, These little fellows are built like a tank as we have said umpteen times. I feel safer in my Punto than in any other B2 segment hatches and most C1 segment sedans. Its just my personal opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats on getting your car back on the road again. It's a complete transformation; and it is nice to see that car is ready to log many more kilometers. The service center has done a very great job there; good that they managed to match the paint exactly.
Thanks W.A.G.7 . I did log 1.5K KM drive after that other than some increased amount of cabin noise I cant find any issues with our Tumblr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The car looks brand new. No signs of the accident at all from the pics.

Enjoy the Punto. Wishing you many more safe miles.
Thanks DRIV3R, thanks for the wishes
Old 15th July 2014, 13:50   #82
BHPian

Good that all of you were safe. Interesting to note that your registration number totals to 8. This is a very unlucky number in Tamilnadu to the extent that RTO itself will not issue a number totaling to 8.

It is a sentiment that any vehicle having a total 8 will meet with such mishaps. I am not a believer in such superstitious belief. But I thought I would share what happens in TN.

Just curious to know what others feel!!
Old 15th July 2014, 14:46   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
This is a very unlucky number in Tamilnadu to the extent that RTO itself will not issue a number totaling to 8.

It is a sentiment that any vehicle having a total 8 will meet with such mishaps. I am not a believer in such superstitious belief. But I thought I would share what happens in TN.

Just curious to know what others feel!!
Just Ridiculous!
I knew that many people want a specific "lucky" number. And that's why RTO offices have also got a prescribed fees for such "special numbers". But never knew of RTO not issuing numbers totaling to a specific number.

So that means they loose out 1111 numbers of the total 9999 numbers possible in an alphabet series.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 15th July 2014 at 14:48.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:00   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Just Ridiculous!
I knew that many people want a specific "lucky" number. And that's why RTO offices have also got a prescribed fees for such "special numbers". But never knew of RTO not issuing numbers totaling to a specific number.

So that means they loose out 1111 numbers of the total 9999 numbers possible in an alphabet series.
Sorry to hijack this thread :-(

Absolutely!! In TN, it has been stopped for a few years. Because it was always a scary feeling to get a number totaling to 8 and if you ever got it, you can never sell the vehicle in the used market. So many people started paying to get numbers they wanted and later RTO stopped these 8 numbers. Some who needs this have to raise a special request / pay to get it.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 14:44   #85
BHPian

That is some new information Buddy , anyway the car is serving us well as he was. Now 10000KM after the accident.
Old 29th February 2016, 19:51   #86
BHPian

After 2 years and 22000 kms later; they meet again !!

Hi friends,

After another 22000 kms and 2 years , we met our old friend again.

He is still there(the tree), going strong in spite of the termite attacks.

We exchanged pleasantries, took the customary pics and bid So Long!

P.S:

The roads are excellent and there are accident prone area warnings all over the road.
Tumblr (the car), is still raring to munch distances, and we haven't had any troubles after the crash.
We love him more as each day moves on, and as in the case of any us (tbhpians). He is a vital part of the family.
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree-img_20160228_141301776.jpg  

My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree-img_20160228_141324398.jpg  

Last edited by TheHkrish : 29th February 2016 at 20:00.
TheHkrish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 22:37   #87
BHPian

Good going Krish. Wish you many more happy miles with the Punto and thank you for the update.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 00:22   #88
BHPian

Hi Hkrish,

Good to see your beloved Punto going strong. Your thread and a friend's experience in a Linea (which he used to kill a full sized buffallo ) were major influences for me in deciding on my Punto Evo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
Tumblr (the car), is still raring to munch distances, and we haven't had any troubles after the crash.
Always wanted to know the long term performance after the crash, glad to hear that you didn't face any. Wish you many more happy miles with the car, and thanks a lot for updating the thread.
Night Raven is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 01:36   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Good going Krish. Wish you many more happy miles with the Punto and thank you for the update.
Thanks Gopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Hi Hkrish,

Good to see your beloved Punto going strong. Your thread and a friend's experience in a Linea (which he used to kill a full sized buffallo ) were major influences for me in deciding on my Punto Evo.

Always wanted to know the long term performance after the crash, glad to hear that you didn't face any. Wish you many more happy miles with the car, and thanks a lot for updating the thread.
Thanks NightRaven, Great decision to get an EVO.
Had been taking Tumblr for mostly highway runs, He had been going strong all the way.

Last edited by TheHkrish : 1st March 2016 at 01:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks