Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 14:42   #61
BHPian

Re: When road dividers crash into you for a change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auswechseln View Post
I saw this early morning today on the way to my office. This truck had rammed through the 'divider' and had gone to the other side. Fortunately I did not see any damaged cars.

This is getting out of hand! I wonder who was the genius that had this idea "Hey you know what, we could allow traffic on both sides on the flyover and people would be civilized enough to drive on the their side!"

I think its high time trucks are banned from climbing this flyover considering they are the cause of these accidents and jams on it.
Old 14th June 2015, 04:25   #62
BHPian

Re: When road dividers crash into you for a change!

Didn't mean to wake up an old thread but the issue wasn't significant. This happened a few weeks ago when a kind Tempo Traveller transferred a few dents and scratches to my car on Old Madras Road. He was trying to impatiently overtake but lacked the judgement on the available space.

Worse, the guy was defending his action that he was honking since he was getting late for a drop and I should have moved out of the way immediately. (And apparently do the same damage to another vehicle on my left on a busy road). He thought I would demand him for money and the first thing he did was start surveying the damage to his already damaged bumper and say my vehicle is damaged too . I replied sure, I'll pay for your repair (Just a bent bumper guard) if you will pay for mine. There was no point wasting my time talking to him and I just left the place since I was already running late myself.

When road dividers crash into you for a change!-1.jpg

The next morning, I left it at the Cauvery Ford dealership since it was closer than going to the Metro Ford body shop on the outskirts. To my surprise the next evening the service advisor called me to inform that the car was ready! All this including the insurance survey, billing, QC, etc. The total bill was around 8.5k and I just had to pay the mandatory deductible 1K for the insurance. I'm impressed with the quality of work and time taken though you'll have to excuse the image below since I took it after it had stopped raining.

When road dividers crash into you for a change!-2.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks