Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2022, 13:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti's safety updates: Standard driver airbag in Swift, ISOFIX for S-Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
has anyone retrofitted ISOFIX mountpoints in their older S-Cross or any car for that matter.
I wouldn't go that route at all.

Bulk of the car seats do not have ISOFIX anyway. Fastening with seat belts and top tether provides enough protection. This is how I had my son restrained from age 4 to 8 on a facelifted S-Cross
Old 27th May 2022, 13:56   #17
BHPian

Re: Maruti's safety updates: Standard driver airbag in Swift, ISOFIX for S-Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I wouldn't go that route at all.

Bulk of the car seats do not have ISOFIX anyway. Fastening with seat belts and top tether provides enough protection. This is how I had my son restrained from age 4 to 8 on a facelifted S-Cross
The top tether are specific anchorage points right? Doesn't appear 2016 or older models have this in s-cross, image attached. Does it have to be a specific point or can top tether mean any secure point in rear bench?
Asking since I'm looking at a used s-cross 1.6 as an upgrade option, but concerned due to lack of ISOFIX mounts.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti's safety updates: Standard driver airbag in Swift, ISOFIX for S-Cross-marutiscross21.jpg  

Last edited by pkrish : 27th May 2022 at 13:59.
Old 27th May 2022, 16:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't appear 2016 or older models have this in s-cross, image attached.
My bad! Top tether was introduced only in the 2017 facelift along with ISOFIX. There are few 1.6 that were sold in facelift, but very very few.

The original point I was trying to make is, using the seat belt to fasten isn't a bad thing.

I wouldn't put off the purchase because of ISOFIX.
Old 27th May 2022, 20:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does it have to be a specific point or can top tether mean any secure point in rear bench?
Yes, please do not attach the Top Tether anywhere besides the designated anchorage. If present it will be labelled with the words Top Tether and/or an anchor-like symbol.

In SUVs it is typically at the back of the rear backrest. According to the images that particular S-Cross does not seem to have a Top Tether.

ISOFIX anchorages reduce the risk of incorrect installation. Many CRSs can be fastened using an adult belt. The Top Tether serves as an anti-rotation device limiting forward excursion of the head, but there are semi-universal CRSs available that use a support leg (an extendable foot-prop) for anti-rotation instead of a top tether.

Last edited by ron178 : 27th May 2022 at 20:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks