Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2018, 12:16   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unrestrained / loose objects can be deadly while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
You are confusing degrees with education.
Actually I am referring to education, even basic, and the expected use of that education to understand why certain rules and laws are made. IMO higher qualifications/degrees don't necessarily lead to better behaviour. But what strikes me more is the lack of common sense and even sheer deliberate lawlessness in many of our compatriots.

"Common" sense is apparently not all that common. India seems to have the rules in the world but ineffective enforcement of the law. How effective can the end result be? It's out there for all to see.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 16:27   #32
BHPian

We play the 'tickling game' with the kids. Any person without the belt fastened once on the move, gets tickled till they belt up. It's a hit with the young ones, and teaches them a good lesson that safety tips can be shared.

An important 'accelerant' to danger from loose objects; is speed. Lower the speed, lower the velocity of these items, in a crash. This still doesn't protect 100% from other crazy drivers, but that's what defensive driving is all about. Be alert and aware of the driving environment, to reduce the risk of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. (very very difficult in India, I know).
VivOverland is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 20:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Searched for this thread after reading a related article

Quoting from the article "The death of a girl hit by a tablet computer in a car accident has raised concerns about the safety of using such devices in moving vehicles."
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45653029
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed