Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2018, 15:55   #1
BHPian

9 Maruti Suzuki models meet new crash test norms

Nine of 15 Maruti Suzuki models meet new crash test norms as per Autocar India news. Also says "Maruti Suzuki has made public that the S-Cross, Ciaz, Ertiga, Vitara Brezza, Baleno, Dzire, Swift, Ignis and Celerio models already meet the future frontal, off-set-frontal, side impact and pedestrian crash norms". S Cross could be an exception, I still doubt the robustness of futuristic crash norms in India then...

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...t-norms-409172
Nalin Kumar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 00:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti to upgrade Eeco, Omni to meet crash safety norms

Good news- I can sleep peacefully knowing that the Ciaz my parents drive is reasonably safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin Kumar View Post
S Cross could be an exception, I still doubt the robustness of futuristic crash norms in India then...
I think the norms will be slightly less stringent compared to the ones in USA, EU and Australia. Truth be told, I haven't bothered to check them out.

The average speed for a car is much lesser in India, and I won't be complaining if they change things like testing the frontal impact at 56 kmph instead of 64 kmph.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 27th July 2018 at 00:06.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 11:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Too good to be true, unless Indian standards are totally different compared to global standards. Most of the MSIL offerings (except S Cross) in India will perform poorly on existing international standards.

There seem to some lobby behind these standards. It is difficult to believe that cars like Celerio are able to manage decent scores.
i74js is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 11:16   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
There seem to some lobby behind these standards. It is difficult to believe that cars like Celerio are able to manage decent scores.
Euro NCAP tests of Celerio shows a 3 Star rating. If Maruti Suzuki is able to bring the same standards to the Indian car, it will get a decent safety rating.

9 Maruti Suzuki models meet new crash test norms-cel.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 12:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Euro NCAP tests of Celerio shows a 3 Star rating. If Maruti Suzuki is able to bring the same standards to the Indian car, it will get a decent safety rating.

Attachment 1784449
http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/b...p-crash-tests/

Suzuki is capable of doing wonders ! The global NCAP score for the same care is ZERO
i74js is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 15:58   #6
BHPian

Can Maruti share the crash test videos and detailed reports of the 9 models it crash tested and found within acceptable limits? Without that it is tantamount to pure marketing gimmick, knowing how flimsy the Maruti models actually are in India barring the S Cross.

Our assessment program already mandate a reduced impact speed at 54 kmph than NCAP's 64.3 kmph.

Also a true safety assessment is not just limited to crash performance, it is also how well weighted and balanced the steering systems are, how well engineered the braking systems are, etc where we all know how Maruti cuts corners.
The Observer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 14:34   #7
Team-BHP Support

re: 9 Maruti Suzuki models meet new crash test norms

9 Maruti Suzuki models meet new crash test norms - Posts moved to a new thread.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th July 2018 at 14:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks