Team-BHP - Chinese drivers using terrifying decals to reduce high-beam usage
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Chinese drivers using terrifying decals to reduce high-beam usage (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/202033-chinese-drivers-using-terrifying-decals-reduce-high-beam-usage.html)

Seems like our Chinese counterparts have come up with an "innovative" way to get tailgaters to turn off the high beam. They put up scary stickers (think The Conjuring, Omen, etc.) on the rear windshield which shown up when the high beam is flashed on them lol:

Source:

https://www.boredpanda.com/high-beam...-decals-china/

What on earth are they thinking! The last thing I would want is to scare the hell out of a driver behind me.Talk about not thinking ahead (or in this case looking back)

This won't work in India. Tailgaters in India would probably want to take a closer look at the girl. There are only two things Indians find scary -

1) Petrol/diesel prices
2) Onion prices

So perhaps putting stickers of prices might scare away tailgaters.

This is quite old. I remember because I looked for the damn things for months on Chinese retail websites. No luck. If anyone knows where they can be had, do let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 4465183)
This is quite old. I remember because I looked for the damn things for months on Chinese retail websites. No luck. If anyone knows where they can be had, do let me know.

On Aliexpress: Here

Are you seriously considering it for your car though?:Shockked: The intention of this post was absolutely not to get folks to start using it.

It will be great if I can get such a sticker which simply says 'Please dim your headlights' and it can get the attention of the driver behind me, then I'll surely consider having one for my car.

Yes, these are pretty old. Have seen it before.

Anyways, why spoil the car when you can do this:
Slow down, let the offender pass, switch on your high beams and follow him - instant karma. But I make it a point that no one else will be affected by my high beams. HIDs were pretty effective and there was one instance when the dude stopped and asked me "what are those lights"? and I was like :cool:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4465300)
Yes, these are pretty old. Have seen it before.

Anyways, why spoil the car when you can do this:
Slow down, let the offender pass, switch on your high beams and follow him - instant karma. But I make it a point that no one else will be affected by my high beams. HIDs were pretty effective and there was one instance when the dude stopped and asked me "what are those lights"? and I was like :cool:.

Already do that. Armed and ready for those guys when they go past. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 4465395)

Good God! I pity the drivers of oncoming vehicles while you play let's-blind-each-other games with the car ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 4465405)
Good God! I pity the drivers of oncoming vehicles while you play let's-blind-each-other games with the car ahead.

You may pity them all you want, but the Noida roads I drive on have all got 3 foot tall dividers, so the pity would be misplaced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 4465459)
You may pity them all you want, but the Noida roads I drive on have all got 3 foot tall dividers, so the pity would be misplaced.

3' tall dividers all over Noida roads? Hmm. .. Looks like there are two different Noidas that we are discussing here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 4465467)
3' tall dividers all over Noida roads? Hmm. .. Looks like there are two different Noidas that we are discussing here.

Just for the sake of closing a pointless argument, yes we are. Like I said, the roads that I drive on.
My region is limited to the roads adjoining the expressway in the triple digit sectors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 4465395)

Damn Bro. Where in the hell did you get those ?

Can we purchase them online ?>

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 4465962)
Damn Bro. Where in the hell did you get those ?

Can we purchase them online ?>

I picked them from Aliexpress when one of the sellers was offering free DHL shipping. about a year or two back.You can get all sizes now on amazon or some such.

High beams are only required on multiple lane highways where speed limit is above 80kmph.

For single lane roads where speed limit is less than 80kmph, high beams are practically not required. I use low beams in conjunction with fog lights when required, which is adequate.

In Australia, people generally do not use high beams unless necessary. This is where I learned to drive without high beams. It is very easy to adapt if we adhere to speed limits. Now I feel awkward when I use high beams unless necessary.

IMO, It is wrong to use high beams when unnecessary and inconvenience others. 😊

Mod Note: Please stick to the topic! No off-topic posts here. Thanks!