Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2023, 10:47   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Grand Vitara hybrid gets AVAS pedestrian safety tech

Maruti Grand Vitara Hybrid gets pedestrian safety tech.

Maruti says this technology is designed to help keep drivers and pedestrians safe by alerting them to the presence of a vehicle.

The company has announced that the Grand Vitara Hybrid now comes with unique “Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System”. Prices for the Grand Vitara variants, equipped with this tech are up by Rs 4,000.

Quote:
Grand Vitara Hybrid gets AVAS pedestrian safety tech
Upgrade in-line with government regulations
More hybrid, pure electric vehicles could get this feature
According to the AIS 173 draft notification, Quiet Road Transport Vehicles, or QRTV’s are vehicles that have atleast one electric motor or an electric motor generator. This would include pure EV’s, Hybrid electric vehicles like the Grand Vitara hybrid, Fuel cell vehicles and also fuel cell hybrid vehicles.

This technology is designed to help keep drivers and pedestrians safe by alerting them about the presence of a vehicle.

The system works by emitting a low-level alert sound that can be heard up to five feet away from the vehicle, giving pedestrians and other nearby drivers a heads-up that a vehicle is nearby.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th July 2023 at 10:57.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 14:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The company has announced that the Grand Vitara Hybrid now comes with unique “Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System”.
Link
Any idea how does it sound ? For reference, a video from Rivian.

mathewspaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 17:07   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara hybrid gets AVAS pedestrian safety tech

Maruti Grand Vitara hybrid gets AVAS pedestrian safety tech - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 18th July 2023, 20:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

The system works by emitting a low-level alert sound that can be heard up to five feet away from the vehicle, giving pedestrians and other nearby drivers a heads-up that a vehicle is nearby.
A very good initiative by Maruti. This is something that should be made mandatory in all Hybrid (which have EV only mode) and EV cars. There is too much mixed traffic in this country - Bicycles, pedestrians, rickshaws, autos and bikes - that share the same space specially on two lane city roads. So this is a must for the cities

I have had multiple instances in my EV where i have crept up behind a person without them realizing that I am there and then i have to honk which startles them.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 23:52   #5
BHPian

I am sure it might do some good. But one thing I am very sure about is that, it might help me get the car out from the apartment compound itself especially when parents wait for the bus/van to board their kids and block the exit gates. People don't like when they are honked at requesting to clear the way. In fact they don't realise the driver also is going to drop their kids in schools. So yes, this feature might help if the person has an EV which I don't
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 17:45   #6
BHPian

So this emits sound that can be heard upto 5 feet? How long does it take a car to cross that distance? Will the pedestrian have any time to react within that split-second time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks