Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 19:10   #76
BHPian

Very nice of you Riju.
Old 12th January 2009, 19:16   #77
BHPian

Great work rjstyles, hats off to you. It takes lot of courage and selflessness in such situations when others on the spot are reluctant to do anything. Worse, most of the time, even if someone is ready to help, others discourage.

Again, here accident happened at a remote place in the forest area, and very few people respond to need of the hour.

If I put myself in your place, I am not sure what I would have done. First of all I wouldn't know where is the nearest hospital. Then there are victims who are bleeding and requiring urgent medical assistance. Whole situation is so overwhelming.

Considering all this, I pray to god that may he give us all the courage to act immediately in such situations.

Last edited by BomBatt : 12th January 2009 at 19:18.
Old 12th January 2009, 19:40   #78
Team-BHP Support

Few weeks back I read an accident report in Team-BHP, where the villagers who first reached the accident site were only interesting in robbing the passengers off their valuables instead of helping them. Similar thing happened when KB100 had an accident with his Accent. Those two incidences had really depressed me about the lack of good Samaritans on our roads.

When I read this thread, my faith was restored to some extent. I thank you for that Riju. And I am sure you felt very good about it after it.

When the white Skoda came in front of you, he was not just speeding, he was fleeing from the crime scene and that explains his haste.

PS: Today I had a minor experience I like to share. After dropping the Santro for service I took an auto-rickshaw and reached home. After dropping some stuff at home, I came out to drive the GV to office. And I found the auto-rickshaw in the gutter in front my gate. The auto driver while reversing lost control and it slid into the gutter, later we found he had very weak brakes. Two rear tyres and half the body was inside and 3-4 of us who were there couldn't pull it out. The driver was standing there with a very sad look on his face. Then I remembered I had the off-roading towing chain in the house. Ten minutes later the auto-rickshaw was successfully pulled out by the GV using the towing chain. The auto driver left with his slightly dented auto-rickshaw with a very grateful glance at me. That look was priceless.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th January 2009 at 19:47.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

John and @all thanks once again and to re-iterate I only did what a responsible citizen would have done. I am sure if each one of you were in my shoes would have done the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Well done rjstyles :-)
I myself drove through the Mudumalai - Bandipur stretch last weekend. Though, there are many boards cautioning slow speeds < 50kmph, you do find the odd racer showing no respect to the national park environs and wildlife and to his safety (imagine running into an elephant ambling onto the road) :-(
Also, many still drive at 80+kmph in the park. Others honk inside the park rather than being a bit patient, while that is also not allowed !
I completely agree here, all through my drive along the forest range I found some retards driving at full blast just because the roads were good. I mean come' on respect the wildlife atleast.

Here's something I spotted on my way back

An errant driver costs family their car and a holiday...-dsc_0450-small.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Although the Law seems to be ammended so that Doctors have to provide Life saving First Aid to an accident victim before notifying the police, in reality it seems every one has to plead/argue with the Doctor/hospital to get medical Attention.
Lemme admit, I wanted to smack that doc's face then and there when he said file a compliant and only then we could go ahead with the first aid.
Such are the standards and ethics he carries being a doc'. Sucha looser that he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
The satisfaction you get at the end of the day cannot be compared isnt it?
Abhi
You bet Abhi, certain things cant be explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Again, here accident happened at a remote place in the forest area, and very few people respond to need of the hour.

If I put myself in your place, I am not sure what I would have done. First of all I wouldn't know where is the nearest hospital. Then there are victims who are bleeding and requiring urgent medical assistance. Whole situation is so overwhelming.
During your last trip to Vihangaama dint you chaps help a tbhp'ian when his car crashed ? I remember it was a M800, in my case it was a stranger thats all.

Hospital did you say , well here it was good 55kms from the accident spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
When I read this thread, my faith was restored to some extent. I thank you for that Riju. And I am sure you felt very good about it after it.

When the white Skoda came in front of you, he was not just speeding, he was fleeing from the crime scene and that explains his haste.
Sharath thanks and yes I did feel relly good about it. About the skoda driver, yes you are right he was running away.

I am sure we still can trace the dude, it aint much of a task but then the family might not be interested. Every single car number was being noted while crossing the karnataka border.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:45   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Lemme admit, I wanted to smack that doc's face then and there when he said file a compliant and only then we could go ahead with the first aid.
Such are the standards and ethics he carries being a doc'. Sucha looser that he is.

You/the family may want to file a complaint against this doctor. I found this link

Grievances Cell
Old 12th January 2009, 22:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

^this is nothing new.many a hospitals declines unknown accident cases in such circumstances not only in kerala ,elsewhere too.Once in Coimbatore ,with an accident involving bikers ,the local hospital was not ready to help in anyway.ended up admitting the fellas at PSG medical college.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks