Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 08:51   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt
activated/deactivated. People from Industry can help in this aspect.

i20 Asta
Punto/Linea Em Pk
Figo Titanium
dezire ZDi
I have a Punto EPack and the passenger side airbag can be disabled via a switch. Since the system is same in Linea you can disable passenger side airbag in that also.
Old 24th July 2018, 22:17   #32
BHPian

I have been watching the posts. I see the confusion and being oblivious of what the car model offers. My plea is that a crucial, critical support like airbags are not clearly mentioned clearly its a pity. I think it should be clearly spelt. As I learn more on the topic every day I realise there is no reason why activating sensors for airbags and curtain bags are not spread or added to cover a calamity. There is absolutely no justification technically unless the placement and engineering is poor, that in the event of collision, one impact works and few inches away it won't. It's deplorable. No justification.
I am really grateful to all of you to keep this thread alive.
I buy a car and I want to be safe. Cutting the jargon and keeping every occupant safe. This debate is endless.
In time I shall revisit and hope to answer all queries here. Until them I am learning professionally to help myself and others. We cannot loose lives because they did not tell us so.

The problem is here in India they don't tell us everything under the shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
My daughter is also 31/2 yrs old.
My son is 19 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikr View Post
Being working with Airbag systems for quite some time, i think i can throw some light on to this subject. The airbag system ideally consists of the following components:

1. Airbags (Driver, Passenger, Side, Curtain, Knee etc...)
2. ACU (Airbag control Unit, or Airbag ECU)
3. Seat Belt Pretensioners
4. Impact Sensors
5. Seat Position sensors
6. Weight Sensors
7. Buckle sensors
I don't think any Indian made car has pretensioners. I have only seen them in BMW, audi etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Yes, unless there is a weight sensor signal preventing the firing.
He was not alone in the car. He had a friend on front passenger seat. Both were wearing belts. Side impact was on driver side.

Moderator's Note: Second warning. Please stop making so many back to back posts. Use the Multiquote option () to respond to multiple people at one go.

Also, please refrain from quoting miles long posts to respond in a single short sentence. Quote only the part you need to set context.

All the back to back posts have been merged and the quoted posts reduced in size.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th July 2018 at 13:59.
arvindb4 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks