Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 11:57   #1
BHPian

Route query : Jaipur to Amritsar

Hi,
I need some advice on the route and road conditions for a Jaipur to Amritsar trip. The route I charted off google was to take the NH8 till the branch off for Rewari, then onto Rohtak, Jind on NH71 till Moga and then branch off to NH15 all the way to Amritsar.

Could anyone pls advise on the route (2lane/4lane), conditions and approximate travel time, also I would be obliged if someone can suggest a better route.

Regards,
Old 10th May 2011, 13:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Route query : Jaipur to Amritsar

Hi

You can avoid NH8 as its really a mess - can go - Churu- Sirsa - Bhatinda - Amritsar , Sirsa - Amritsar roads are ok , i have traveled couple of months back for Jaipur -Churu - don't have current idea but should be fine.
Old 11th May 2011, 06:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

If you do not have any business in Delhi - Avoid it. So the best route could be Jaipur-Fatehgarh-Hissar-Sirsa.... or Maybe even Jaipur-Rattangarh-Sardarshaher. See the link:
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India to Amritsar, Punjab, India - Google Maps

All routes are between 650kms to 675kms. But the traffic on NH8 is heavy and then roads around Rewari are not that good. Much better to go on NH15 and then cut across. Road to Sardarshaer is excellent. I have travelled in some what similar road in reverse direction going from Amritsar to Jodhpur four years back.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:33   #4
BHPian

One more route that came to my mind was to branch off NH8 from Rewari and drive till Rohtak on NH71, connecting to Panipat via NH71a and then NH1 all the way to Amritsar. Is this a viable option?

I am planning on a halt at Behror which is around 120 kms ahead of Jaipur so it has to be NH71 / NH15 or NH 1 for me...which is better?
Old 11th May 2011, 10:53   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Between Delhi and Amritsar NH1 is being widened and many over bridges are being made. So if you are in Rohtak then continue to Jind-Nirwana-Sangrur-Ludhiana. Roads are okay. But you'd have to cross big towns like Rewari, Rohtak, Jind and Ludhiana.

OTOH if you are at Beawer then going to Sikar to catch NH15 is not a good deal. It is better to go to Mahendargarh-Jhunjhunu and Fatehgarh/Churu. But I'd say going to Sikar from Jaipur is a better idea. Although there again lots of road workds and NH widening work is going on up to Ringus or so.
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi I am travelling to Jaipur tomorrow from Jalandhar with family.
Please guide me, which is the better route: NH8 or NH71? (In terms of time taken, road conditions)
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hi I am travelling to Jaipur tomorrow from Jalandhar with family.
Please guide me, which is the better route: NH8 or NH71? (In terms of time taken, road conditions)
i recommend Jalandhar- Ludhiana - barnala - bhatinda - mandi dabwali - hanumangarh-sardarshahr - ratangarh - sikar - chomu - jaipur.

if you dont mind taking a slightly longer route Jalandhar- Ludhiana - barnala - bhatinda - mandi dabwali - hanumangarh-sardarshahr - ratangarh - sujangarh - didwana - makrana - kishangarh - jaipur.

last week i travelled from ludhiana - kishangarh. roads were good except some sections which pass through small towns in punjab. the rains have damaged some stretches of the in town / village roads. i used the second route mentioned above to get to kishangarh.

before you enter bhatinda there is a MC Donald / CCD / KFC very close to each other. there are no good eateries / restaurants on this route after bhatinda.

i have avoided delhi jaipur route as advised by fellow team bhpians

have a safe one.
Drivethru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
i recommend Jalandhar- Ludhiana - barnala - bhatinda - mandi dabwali - hanumangarh-sardarshahr - ratangarh - sikar - chomu - jaipur.

if you dont mind taking a slightly longer route Jalandhar- Ludhiana - barnala - bhatinda - mandi dabwali - hanumangarh-sardarshahr - ratangarh - sujangarh - didwana - makrana - kishangarh - jaipur.

last week i travelled from ludhiana - kishangarh. roads were good except some sections which pass through small towns in punjab. the rains have damaged some stretches of the in town / village roads. i used the second route mentioned above to get to kishangarh.

before you enter bhatinda there is a MC Donald / CCD / KFC very close to each other. there are no good eateries / restaurants on this route after bhatinda.

i have avoided delhi jaipur route as advised by fellow team bhpians

have a safe one.
Thanks Drivethru. Have you ever taken the NH8 route? I take that route every month. But, because I have to stop at Panipat, Delhi, Gurgaon on the way to Jaipur.

We will be starting from jalandhar at 4am in the morning and our target is to reach Jaipur by 3pm. Earlier the better.

So if you are also aware of the NH8 route, and the target is shortest time taken between Jalandhar - Jaipur, even so you'd recommend to stick to NH71?
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:34   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Drivethru. Have you ever taken the NH8 route? I take that route every month. But, because I have to stop at Panipat, Delhi, Gurgaon on the way to Jaipur.

We will be starting from jalandhar at 4am in the morning and our target is to reach Jaipur by 3pm. Earlier the better.

So if you are also aware of the NH8 route, and the target is shortest time taken between Jalandhar - Jaipur, even so you'd recommend to stick to NH71?
Please look at this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...highway-2.html

This talks about the mega highway
Look at this post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2729545
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Please look at this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...highway-2.html

This talks about the mega highway
Look at this post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2729545
Thanks tsk1979. But I guess that should be a preferable route should one be coming from Udaipur or from that side to Punjab. Jaipur is off that route. As per Google maps : Jalandhar - Bathinda - Abohar - Hanumangarh - rawatsar -S.Shahar - Sikar - Chomu - Jaipur is 700kms

On the other hand it calculates the Jalandhar - Ambala - Delhi - Jaipur route to be 625kms.

And if one takes a combination of NH71 & NH8 it calculates the route length to be just 579 kms.

So if ssomeone can confirm that the first route although longer, takes lesser time, and has not been battered by the recent rains (the malwa region was worst effected by the recent rains) - I will opt for the route. Belonging to Punjab, I have never really explored Malwa & would love to pass through it.
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:00   #11
BHPian

[quote=rrsteer;3215293]Hi I am travelling to Jaipur tomorrow from Jalandhar with family.

I have been advised by senior team bhians to avoid the delhi jaipur route. Hence I cant give the latest update on that route.
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:07   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks tsk1979. But I guess that should be a preferable route should one be coming from Udaipur or from that side to Punjab. Jaipur is off that route. As per Google maps : Jalandhar - Bathinda - Abohar - Hanumangarh - rawatsar -S.Shahar - Sikar - Chomu - Jaipur is 700kms

On the other hand it calculates the Jalandhar - Ambala - Delhi - Jaipur route to be 625kms.

And if one takes a combination of NH71 & NH8 it calculates the route length to be just 579 kms.

So if ssomeone can confirm that the first route although longer, takes lesser time, and has not been battered by the recent rains (the malwa region was worst effected by the recent rains) - I will opt for the route. Belonging to Punjab, I have never really explored Malwa & would love to pass through it.
South Punjab is lovely in monsoons. Low traffic, lovely green fields of paddy with green so green that your eyes weep. Take 700kms route. Its better to drive 100kms extra if the road is good.
500km traffic can exhaust you much more than 700kms of traffic free roads
Old 24th August 2013, 20:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
South Punjab is lovely in monsoons. Low traffic, lovely green fields of paddy with green so green that your eyes weep. Take 700kms route. Its better to drive 100kms extra if the road is good.
500km traffic can exhaust you much more than 700kms of traffic free roads
I completely agree with you tsk.... Gt road is good till delhi but the hanumangarh kishangarh road has it's own charm ..... You see greenery and desert topography on the same day. Hanumangarh to Bhatinda which I used on my way to ludhiana is better than expected.
Old 14th May 2015, 16:43   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Hi
We are planning to Travel from Amritsar to Jaipur as well.
Thank you for the route suggestion

Could you please tell me from Sardarshahar to Sikar why would you suggest to pass through Ratangarh. I can see a much sorter route on google maps?
Is that road very bad?
Old 17th May 2015, 23:44   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjith_Mani View Post
Hi
We are planning to Travel from Amritsar to Jaipur as well.
Thank you for the route suggestion

Could you please tell me from Sardarshahar to Sikar why would you suggest to pass through Ratangarh. I can see a much sorter route on google maps?
Is that road very bad?
Jaipur to Amritsar you may wish to use the following route. Jaipur - Bawal on NH8. After Bawal take a left from NH8 to join NH71 which takes you to Panipat via Jhajjar and Rohtak. From panipat to Amritsar via karnal-ambala-ludhiana - Jullundur - Amritsar. I have personally not taken the NH71 route but has been strongly recommended by other team bhpians who have found this NH71 route a good way to avoid entering delhi. have a safe trip.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks