Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 21:09   #1
BANNED

Touch the Limits: The Border Drive.

Hi All,
I have been on temporary work at Delhi/NCR for the past 4 months now and finally, it will be time to head back to Bangalore some time in the month of June 2011. During my stay at Delhi, I have driven to a few places like Shimla, Palampur, Haridwar, Wagah etc.
All of them mundane places with the exception of my "Sasural" at a small village near Palampur which was slightly remote.

But now, it is time I begun to realize parts of my childhood dream.

"To drive to all possible border towns of India across the country."

Hence, after a longish chat with HVK, it was decided that touching the Pak border at this time of the year would be difficult due to the peak infiltration season and permits too would be very tough to come by. The next option was China.

At the moment, there is one place in my mind which is Kaurik. Are there any other desolate/remote border checkposts/towns that are better than this in the states of HP/UK/J&K since I would need to drive from Delhi? I prefer very very desolate places if possible with minimum facilities as well.

The trip would be sometime in the end of May or Mid June this year.

All ears....
Old 14th May 2011, 22:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Touch the Limits: The Border Drive.

Quote:
it was decided that touching the Pak border at this time of the year would be difficult due to the peak infiltration season and permits too would be very tough to come b
Hi , which borders are you referring to , I am not aware of any borders with Pakistan at least in Punjab where you need permits ..

Yes you can travel on Hindustan Tibet Road and given the time you have planned it will be very scenic , you can also plan for Mana - a little ahead of Badrinath , or the regular Srinagar - Leh segment , lots of borders & permits...
Old 15th May 2011, 00:04   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Hi , which borders are you referring to
I meant the Pak borders in J&K like Uri etc where I was told that movement is restricted these days.

Hindustan Tibet road. This sounds interesting. Can you explain this please?
Old 15th May 2011, 10:03   #4
Team-BHP Support

Kaurik. - referred by you is on this road only ,, there are many other beautiful places after Simla , you can get details on HVK Sir's log book or on leh forum / travelogue
Old 15th May 2011, 10:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I prefer very very desolate places if possible with minimum facilities as well.
Surprising! Any particular reason for this? All the very best with your Border drive!

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks