Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 16:35   #1
BHPian

Ajmer -> nagaur -> Bikaner -> suratgarh -> Bathinda -> Jalandhar -> srinagar

Is this doable at all in a day. Say if we start early at 3AM? I have tried via delhi/panipat/ambala earlier, but couldnt make it because of very high traffic.

hence, this alternative route came up - google map - Ajmer, Rajasthan to Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir - Google Maps

please advice if at all this do able, we will have 2 drivers for the journey. and would be starting from ahmedabad actually. We had earlier taken ahmedabad -> jaipur -> delhi -> panipat ->ambala -> ludhiana -> srinagar. but we could not do it in a day. we had to stop over at chak dayal last time.

thanks for your advice.
Old 18th May 2011, 20:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ajmer -> nagaur -> Bikaner -> suratgarh -> Bathinda -> Jalandhar -> srinagar

No, it is not doable in a day since Jammu-Srinagar itself can take anything from 6-8 hours. I would suggest you stop over in Jalandhar/Pathankot/Jammu/Udhampur for the night. IN case you are taking the Dyala Chak route direct to Udhampur, then perhaps you can push it to Udhampur, although I am quite sceptical.

Another thought would be to leave Ajmer by night so that you are in Pathankot by morning and can reach Srinagar by late evening.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 21:26   #3
BHPian

Re: Ajmer -> nagaur -> Bikaner -> suratgarh -> Bathinda -> Jalandhar -> srinagar

Thanks hvkumar.
I have read everything from LADAKH Sep 2009 - hvkumar | Google Groups - My folded hand appreciation for your so detailed logs. Its a wealth of knowledge.

Have you travelled on NH 15 from Bikaner to pathankot? how would you rate it, compared to the two directions given below

1. ajmer -> nagaur -> bikaner -> bathinda -> jalandhar -> Pathankot
2. ajmer -> Jaipur -> Delhi -> Ambala -> Ludhiana -> Jalandhar -> Pathankot

My aim is to drive the furthermost with least hurdles.
Old 18th May 2011, 21:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I have done NH15 all the way from Pathankot via Amritsar, Faridkot, Bhatinda, Sriganganagar, Suratgarh, Bikaner, Pokharan, Jaislamer & beyond to both Kutch as well as Ahmedabad.

Outstanding road in Rajasthan, superfast (say, 200 kms in 3 hours!).
You will be slowed down after entering Punjab, but roads remain good.

Considering the mess of road widening on NH8 between Jaipur & Delhi and also NH1 from Panipat onwards, besides the heavy traffic on NH1 (except by night), I would prefer the NH15 route any day.

I am also attaching the route profile (from Bikaner though).
Attached Files
File Type: xls chandan-leh.xls (107.0 KB, 870 views)
Old 18th May 2011, 23:53   #5
Team-BHP Support

If you are going to Srinagar, you do not need to go to Jammu. The bypass is very good. That said, even with bypass its going to be almost impossible, due to heavy traffic on the national highways.
Remember, Srinagar is quite some distance from Udhampur when you merge with the main highway.
Old 19th May 2011, 08:20   #6
BHPian

Thanks tanveer and hvkumar. I will take NH 15 now, all doubts have dissipated
probably from ajmer to srinagar, I will have a suitable break in between. The mantra would be to go as far as possible.

thanks guys, will update the list once I have walked the talk.
Old 9th March 2012, 22:26   #7
BHPian

Which is the best route from Udaipur to Amritsar and what is the approximate traveling time? Say if we start at 6am from Udaipur, is it possible to reach Amritsar by 11 pm?

Last edited by Harshavarthan : 9th March 2012 at 22:28.
Old 9th March 2012, 22:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Which is the best route from Udaipur to Amritsar and what is the approximate traveling time? Say if we start at 6am from Udaipur, is it possible to reach Amritsar by 11 pm?
Recommended route:
Amritsar-Taran Taran-Faridkot-Kotkapura-Bhatinda/Abohar-Hanumangarh-Sardarshahr-Ratangad-Didwana-Kishangarh-Nasirabad-Bhilwara-Chittorgarh-Udaipur

1100 kms if you take the Bhatinda route, a little shorter if you go via Abohar.

Leaving at 6 am and driving without any breaks , you can reach Udaipur from Amritsar in 17 hours, or 11 pm. Leaving Amritsar early is key because you can escape bulk of the Punjab traffic in the busy Amritsar-Bhatinda/Abohar corridor.
Old 14th March 2012, 17:09   #9
BHPian

Can anybody guide me the shortest possible route and the current road conditions from Delhi to Jaisalmer.

Cheers
Old 14th March 2012, 17:32   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Can anybody guide me the shortest possible route and the current road conditions from Delhi to Jaisalmer.

Cheers
You should have all the details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...jaisalmer.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks