Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 17:32   #1
BHPian

Info required regarding the hill behind AIMS on NH48

Hi,

This may be slightly OT but a couple of days ago I drove down the NH 48 towards Bangalore and crossed the building of AdiChunchanagiri Medical College next to the highway near about 100km from Bangalore and 48km from Hassan. This comes on the left while driving to Bangalore.

Behind the college building at some distance there was a high hill (compared to a few other hills there) which looked to have some structures on the top. These looked like old temple or fort. As I did not have time, I could not take a deviation to check this out. However this did look extremely interesting and I was wondering if any of the members would know what these structures are?

Further down the highway (towards Bangalore) there was a road on the left which was leading to AdiChunchanagiri mutt which also was heading to this hill.

TIA
Old 13th June 2011, 21:28   #2
BHPian

Re: Info required regarding the hill behind AIMS on NH48

Had been there once. Very close to Bellur Cross and I guess it is towards Shimoga. It is a religious cum trekking experience with temples and hillocks. Beautiful settings !

There are many search result pages for "AdiChunchanagiri temple" from GoogleMata:

1) Check the photos out here:
Adichunchanagiri – Dog is vehicle of Lord Shiva here « Arjunpuri’s Blog

2) This had been famous but when I went, it was closed for some renovation or medication for the birds:
Peacock Sanctuary,Adichunchanagiri Peacock Sanctuary,Peacock Sanctuary in Adichunchanagiri,Wild Life Sanctuaries in Karnataka
ajithbr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 09:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

The Peacock Sanctuary looks interesting - this place is ideal for a one day trip from city. Thanks for sharing the details and the links.
Old 14th June 2011, 12:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
The Peacock Sanctuary looks interesting - this place is ideal for a one day trip from city. Thanks for sharing the details and the links.
Yes.

We made a one-day trip that included a visit to Yediyur temple in the morning, breakfast at Bellur Cross (Mayura?) and then this place. On return, we made a quick trip to Markonahalli dam across river Shimsha. Thanks to google, I have this informative url to share about this place: Weekend getaway: Markonahalli dam | Bangalore Metblogs
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks