Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 19:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Golden Quadrilateral in 2011

Phew... A whirlwind write up on a whirlwind tour. But conveyed all important data in minimum bandwidth. A definite 5 star. Congratulations on a memorable trip.

May be you could post some pix when you finish downloading and resizing them.
Old 17th October 2011, 22:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

The TL is as fast as the drive itself! Congrats on completing a safe drive
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 01:05   #18
BHPian

Congrats on completing the drive. And your will to complete the GQ is admirable.
To top off your travel, it would be good if you can post some pics of your trip as well and provide a summary about how you felt roads in different states were.
Old 18th October 2011, 09:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Kona Expressway between Calcutta and Kharagur in a bad shape?
Old 18th October 2011, 09:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Kona expressway refers to the connector from bridge to NH6, not part of the GQ. It is part of NH117. 8 Km long. It is in shambles.

Coming in from NH2 during evening, Rajesh would have been better advised to use Belghoria expressway and EMB.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 18th October 2011, 10:02   #21
BHPian

Congrats Rajesh for the great drive. Can you please let us know the hotels you stayed and the rates of the same. Also, if you can add your suggestion if any hotel is out of the way or very bad, it would be great.

thanks.
Old 30th November 2011, 09:51   #22
BHPian

Hi All,

Sorry for the late communication - Please find the link to the photos that we took on the way.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1120322...17369629779378
Rajesh1968 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 10:19   #23
BHPian

Hi All for all those who wanted the detailed Itinerary, here it is!!!!!

One small advice, never enter Varanasi city, please find accommodation on the outskirts and then use local transport, same with Gaya.

I have also attached a Hospital list in case of emergency, wish you may not need to visit them, downloaded from Corporate Insurance, so authenticity not guaranteed

Anyone needs help please send me the request, would be glad to help out.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Itinerary.xlsx (13.6 KB, 685 views)
File Type: xlsx Hospital List.xlsx (199.9 KB, 1461 views)
Rajesh1968 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 10:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
One small advice, never enter Varanasi city, please find accommodation on the outskirts and then use local transport, same with Gaya.
Congrats Rajesh on the great drive!!

Agreed. It is chaotic out there in Varanasi and if you are in Scorpio it is a nightmare - in way every town in UP is likewise. But the issue is there is hardly any good place to stay on the outskirts.

Here is my advice - If you plan to stay in Varanasi, drive to the hotel and park your car and move around the city in Auto or cycle rickshaw. Take out the car when you are leaving. Here is my scorpio cooling its heels in Assi Ghat!!

Golden Quadrilateral in 2011-img00197201110011144.jpg

For more details on Varanasi, you can take a look at my TL - we have just reached there and started exploring the city.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-pradesh.html

Last edited by Fauji : 30th November 2011 at 10:48.
Old 8th December 2011, 19:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Kona expressway refers to the connector from bridge to NH6, not part of the GQ. It is part of NH117. 8 Km long. It is in shambles.
Sutripta Sir,
Sorry for posting this late and think you are already well informed about this now but yesterday evening had to use the Kona Expressway, on my way to reach NH2. I was both surprised and relieved to see that the Kona Expressway was at last been repaired recently and was back in decent shape. Only the over-bridge above the railway lines had somewhat broken surface but there were no potholes.
As I stay in north Calcutta and chose Nivedita Setu and B. T. Road while returning, can not say anything about the condition of the road in the opposite direction (while approaching Calcutta).
Warm regards,
Rahul Biswas

Last edited by rahul4640 : 8th December 2011 at 19:24. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 8th December 2011, 21:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
As I stay in north Calcutta and chose Nivedita Setu and B. T. Road
Warm regards,
Rahul Biswas
What is the status of BT Rd/ PWD Rd crossing? It was a mess because of the flyover work. Haven't been thatside for sometime now.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 8th December 2011, 21:40   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
What is the status of BT Rd/ PWD Rd crossing? It was a mess because of the flyover work. Haven't been thatside for sometime now.
B.T. Road is fine, although the ongoing work for replacing the underground 60" drinking water pipeline work (between Palta and Tallah) is proceeding at a snails pace and in many a place the road has been consequently encroached. It is the PWD Road which is somewhat not up to the mark. The road surface is too much broken but is surely manageable, as the large gasping potholes have vanished. I think that the problem with this PWD Road is that the any repair work on it is neither very effective nor is much long lasting. And I am a very much a frequent commuter of this road, because although I stay in north Calcutta (Cossipore), my parents reside there.
Regards,
Rahul
Old 1st December 2016, 16:56   #28
BHPian

Hi All,

Planned GQ Drive from last week of Dec.. route will be Anticlockwise starting from BLR to Chennai ..then onwards. Anyone on this route at the same time ?

Found great info here, thanks to all those contributed.

How would be the Agra to Jaipur stretch (skipping Delhi) in terms of Fog.. ? any experiences or suggestions on this ?
Old 1st December 2016, 18:33   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdsz View Post
How would be the Agra to Jaipur stretch (skipping Delhi) in terms of Fog.. ? any experiences or suggestions on this ?
The Agra - Bharatpur - Jaipur is a "Standard" route to reach Jaipur from Agra instead of getting into Delhi unless there are reasons.

Since this route is pretty much right there near Delhi & Agra, expect good fog around here - This was Taj Mahal today morning :

Golden Quadrilateral in 2011-agra-fog.jpg

Source

Having said that, December end is indeed going to be a foggy season around here. So forget driving very early mornings or post dusk.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks