Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2015, 14:17   #46
BHPian

Re: Kolkata Digha route and road condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Darjeeling is around 500km away and have heard that the road is bad. Can it be done in 10 hours (I can drive long stretches with only bio and fuel breaks)? If, yes then i am ready for a touch and go of Darjeeling (want that chaai baagan feel in between fog and rain)
IMHO you should plan atleast a fifteen hour drive to reach Darjeeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Digha - looks like its only 6 hours away.
I guess it is possible to reach Digha (starting from Calcutta) within four and half hours.
Edit:- Sorry. Saw that you are calculating the trip from Bolpur. In such a case some more time over six hours is possibly required to reach Digha. In case you like to travel via Kharagpur, I assure you that both the Jaleswar-Digha road or the Belda-Egra-Ramnagar route is in good shape.

Last edited by rahul4640 : 10th June 2015 at 14:24.
rahul4640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 20:27   #47
BHPian

Can anyone update regarding the current road conditions?
Old 6th September 2017, 12:20   #48
BHPian

Which is the best route from Baharagora to Digha beach? (I have confusion because the google maps show three different routes.) Can anybody update me about it?

I would also appreciate if someone can update me about the Jamshedpur - Baharagora (NH 33) sector.
Old 6th September 2017, 14:47   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post

I would also appreciate if someone can update me about the Jamshedpur - Baharagora (NH 33) sector.
Used to be in shambles. Heard that a full fledged repair project was in process but have no idea about the progress.
We always take the rairangpur-Baripada - Amaroḍa route to Digha. The surface is good enough and hardly 20-25 kms longer than the Baharagoda route.
Details of the route can be found here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-2-wheels.html

Regards,
Saket.

Last edited by saket77 : 6th September 2017 at 14:52.
Old 29th November 2018, 11:19   #50
BHPian

Hi,
Went for a quick two night stay at Digha. Kolkata-Digha road is still the same, with lots of widening activities going on at few places. At Contai encountered traffic jam, with as much as 20-25 minutes wasted while going. Traffic was smooth otherwise, as I went there on a full working day. And the last two or three KMs before the Digha gate, the road was bad with lots of potholes.

A picture of my ride from my trip.
Kolkata Digha route and road condition-dsc_0335.jpg

Thanks,
Rahul Biswas,
Calcutta.
rahul4640 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 01:41   #51
BHPian

Folks, I had planned to go to Digha coming Saturday 21 Dec for 1 night. With news of stray unrest along Kona Expressway should I cancel my booking? Any guidance would be appreciated
Old 16th December 2019, 03:16   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Folks, I had planned to go to Digha coming Saturday 21 Dec for 1 night. With news of stray unrest along Kona Expressway should I cancel my booking? Any guidance would be appreciated
Situation should calm down within a couple of days. Watch the news to stay updated. And AFAIK, road condition between Nandakumar-Digha is still in bad shape, with road widening work going on.
Raj_RD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 08:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_RD View Post
Situation should calm down within a couple of days. Watch the news to stay updated. And AFAIK, road condition between Nandakumar-Digha is still in bad shape, with road widening work going on.
Thanks, i planned to get the route via Kharagpur-Balasore express way thereby avoiding Nandakumar completely
Old 3rd April 2021, 11:55   #54

Any suggestion if driving from Kolkata to Mandarmani/Digha at evening is safe? I plan to leave around 5 pm from Kolkata. Cant do next morning as we have come back the next day itself. Suggestion about road condition and traffic during evening drive would be much appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks