Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 16:43   #1

Cumbum to Pathanamthitta

Hello Members,
I am planning to travel with my family in my ford fiesta from Cumbum to Pathanamthitta.I dont mind if its bit longer but must be safe and smooth to travel.Kindly suggest me the ideal route.
Old 8th July 2011, 21:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cumbum to Pathanamthitta

The route is NH220 via Kumili/Thekkady, Vandiperiyar, Peermede, Kuttikanam, Mundakayam & Kanjirapalli. At Kanjirapalli, turn off NH220 and go via Manimala to Pathanamthitta.

You can also turn off at Mundakayam. Make local enquiries which road is in better condition. The road via Manimala sometimes cracks up during rains.

Distances as follows:
Cumbum-Kumili 22 kms-Kuttikanam 38-Mundakayam 23-Kanjirapalli 15-Manimala 12-Pathanamthitta 30

It is ghat roads all the way from 10-15 kms before Kumili till Mundakayam.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 09:30   #3
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr_ind View Post
I am planning to travel with my family in my ford fiesta from Cumbum to Pathanamthitta.
I travelled on Kanjirapalli-Mundakayam-Kumily-Cumbum-Theni stretch in April this year. The ghat section just before Kumily on Tamil Nadu side and immediately after in Kerala side were very badly damaged. Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation buses were parked on both the sides of the highway, blocking most of the carriage way and creating a traffic jam at Kumily. Drive slowly and carefully on this stretch. Afterwards, roads were fine in both the states.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 9th July 2011 at 09:36.

Old 29th October 2018, 15:36   #4

I need to travel from Bangalore to Pathanamthitta. How is the state of the roads from Theni / Cumbum to Pathanamathitta now?

Google maps is showing Bangalore --- Dindigal --- Theni --- Cumbum --- Kottarakakkara --- Mylapra --- Pathanamthitta.

Can someone provide me details on the road condition for a Sedan?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks