Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2011, 13:02   #1
BHPian

Advice on road conditions Surat Vani..

Hi folks,

I am planning to do a weeekend two day trip to Vani saputara on last weelend of July .

please giude on which rout will be better & how are the road conditions?

Surat- bardoli- arwal- vansada- saputara - vani or

Surat - chikhli - vansada - saoutara - vani .

Thanks in advance ..
Old 12th December 2011, 05:00   #2
BHPian

Re: Advice on road conditions Surat Vani..

Hi

Siedo you would have done this trip already - could you share your experiences on the chikhli to saputara route as I would be doing it the week after - I am specifically looking for road conditions, travelling time, av. speed and traffic conditions

I would be happy to hear from any of my colleagues on the forum
Old 26th December 2011, 00:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
Hi

Siedo you would have done this trip already - could you share your experiences on the chikhli to saputara route as I would be doing it the week after - I am specifically looking for road conditions, travelling time, av. speed and traffic conditions

I would be happy to hear from any of my colleagues on the forum
i did this trip yesterday and road conditions are very good barring one diversion between wansada & saputara.

on my way to vani i took surat bardoli mahuva wansada saputara vani saptshrunggad route(really enjoyed the seneary throughout the rout) and on way back vani saputara wansada chikhli navsari surat route . both the routes have almost same distance but the second route saves lots of time.

my avg speed at the time of journey towards vani was 48 kmph and on way back it was 57kmph.
siedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 16:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siedo View Post
i did this trip yesterday and road conditions are very good barring one diversion between wansada & saputara.

on my way to vani i took surat bardoli mahuva wansada saputara vani saptshrunggad route(really enjoyed the seneary throughout the rout) and on way back vani saputara wansada chikhli navsari surat route . both the routes have almost same distance but the second route saves lots of time.

my avg speed at the time of journey towards vani was 48 kmph and on way back it was 57kmph.
Hi Siedo

Thanks for the latest update - could you specify the travel time from Surat - hotel Pacific Inn to Shridi using the Chikhli route and also the the total KM from Pacific Inn to Shirdi via Chikhli and Saputara

Cheers

Old 12th August 2013, 15:41   #5
BHPian

How is the Surat - Saputara stretch these days? Plan to spend the coming weekend at Saputara. Driving from Vadodara.

Cheers, Sameer
Old 27th March 2014, 12:01   #6
Team-BHP Support

Bumping the thread!

I am planning to drive down to Saputara this weekend with a few friends. If anyone has been through this stretch lately, please give me some pointers. Are there hairpin bends and sharp turns on this route?

Hopefully, there are some inexpensive lodging facilities. We don't intend to spend a lot just for a night's stay. A safe parking spot for the car during the night is a priority.

Thanks in advance!
Old 29th March 2014, 11:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Bumping the thread!

I am planning to drive down to Saputara this weekend with a few friends. If anyone has been through this stretch lately, please give me some pointers. Are there hairpin bends and sharp turns on this route?

Hopefully, there are some inexpensive lodging facilities. We don't intend to spend a lot just for a night's stay. A safe parking spot for the car during the night is a priority.

Thanks in advance!
There are a few hairpins and sharp turns as you close in on Saputara but nothing to worry about. The road is great. I had been there 3 months back
Sandy28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 21:40   #8
Team-BHP Support

Came back from the trip!

The trip was awesome - short but sweet. We left from Hazira around 1:45 PM after having our lunch and took a couple of breaks for tea, clicking photos etc. and reached Saputara at 5 PM. The return journey was completed in 2 hours flat without any stops. Started at 12 PM and reached Surat city limits at 2:00 PM. Needless to say, descending the hill was much easier.

The roads were good. A few sharp bends here and there but nothing scary. There were a few hairpin bends but we took them slowly while ascending. There weren't many trucks along these routes. The landscapes along these roads were amazing! The forests were dry, the river had dried up and the trees barely had any greenery left but it still looked nice. I bet during the monsoons, this is going to be something entirely different! We will do a trip around August time permitting.

Despite being the off-season right now, some of the hotels were completely booked especially rooms with the cheaper tariff rates. We ended up staying at Chitrakoot Hill Resort (link) and they had some good tariffs. We bargained and got a room for the 5 of us (2 + 2 beds) for Rs. 2000 all inclusive. Food served is vegetarian but good and hygienic. There is a proper place for parking the cars and this mattered a lot to us since we did not want to park the car elsewhere and stay at a place which was far from the parking lot.

We spent the Saturday evening at sunset point. Clicked some photos atop the table top area and left. We wanted to cross the GJ-MH border but unfortunately there was a terrible accident involving an Ertiga and a truck which had happened minutes before we reached there and this was around 8 PM IIRC. It appears a person from the Ertiga expired on the spot and the others were in a state of shock who were sitting on the road! Rubberneckers and traffic began piling up slowly and we couldn't bother going ahead so we came back to Saputara, had dinner and crashed.

Many thanks to phamilyman for pointing me to epicenter.rulez. A lot of guidelines and pointers from the veteran along these roads really helped.
Old 24th September 2019, 15:38   #9
BHPian

Bumping up.

Has anybody done Surat - Nashik recently? I want to go to Jalgaon, and I am planning to do a Surat - Nashik - Jalgaon stint.
Old 2nd June 2023, 16:02   #10

Bumping the thread!!

I am planning to drive to Nashik from Surat, since this is the first time I will be driving in this part of the country, need some advice. The plan is as below:

20th June - Leave early morning from Surat, reach Saptshrungi temple by 10-11 AM, do darshan, and leave for Nashik. Check-in at the hotel, cover Nashik temples in the evening.

21st June - Leave early morning for Trimbakeshwar, return back to Nashik, check-out and leave for Saputara. Evening Saputara sightseeing, night stay at Saputara.

22nd June - Leave Saputara, and see Gira Falls while returning to Surat.

Any particular route which I should take? How are the road conditions in general on this route? Is this plan ok or should I do Saputara during the onward journey?

My drive is Aura 1.2P AMT, any particular precautions I should take on the ghat roads?

Please help with any other inputs and places that can be added to this itinerary. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks