Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 12:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Bangalore -> Bhilai, Chattisgarh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
@Freebird : Looking at the Lakhan comment, if I guess it right, are you the one with the Black Verna and a pulsar?
Yes I am. And who might you be ?
Old 20th December 2011, 21:30   #17
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird82 View Post
Yes I am. And who might you be ?
Your bro from Hyd. PM me. Somehow, I dont see the option to PM you.
Old 10th March 2012, 16:19   #18
BHPian

Hi guys,
Tomorrow I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Bhilai in my i20 crdi. Anybody who did recent trips to Bhilai from Hyderabad or other way round having concrete information on the road conditions please suggest and weather the road conditions have improved from what has been stated in the earlier posts. Kindly suggest me the approximate time required for the trip considering the fact that i will be driving a i20. Please suggest urgently as i have to decide between driving or taking a flight. We are two travelling so car is far less expensive and more convinient for local use at Bhilai.
Old 10th March 2012, 17:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi guys,
Tomorrow I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Bhilai in my i20 crdi.
HYD - Bhilai is good and easy. If you leave HYD early morning you would get to Nagpur sometime in the afternoon and then another 3/4 hours to Bhilai. The only section the roads were bad is ~100Kms before Nagpur and between Nagpur and Bhilai ~50 Odd kms it was single lane making it difficult to overtake.

Drive safe and do report on the road conditions. We did our drive in Jan 2012, and might do again in June (BLR-RPR). You could look at my trip thread for more details.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 12:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806

HYD - Bhilai is good and easy. If you leave HYD early morning you would get to Nagpur sometime in the afternoon and then another 3/4 hours to Bhilai. The only section the roads were bad is ~100Kms before Nagpur and between Nagpur and Bhilai ~50 Odd kms it was single lane making it difficult to overtake.

Drive safe and do report on the road conditions. We did our drive in Jan 2012, and might do again in June (BLR-RPR). You could look at my trip thread for more details.
Let me know once you have firmed up your plans.lets try and meet up in hyd on your way.
Old 14th March 2012, 17:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Let me know once you have firmed up your plans.lets try and meet up in hyd on your way.
Sorry buddy I didnt read your post before starting from my place very sorry. I keep coming to Hyderabad quite often. Your can PM your details to me and I will definetely contact you when I am in Hyderabad.
Old 14th March 2012, 18:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Hi Mayankjha,
I finished my trip to Durg which is just 8 kms away from Bhilai. I mentioned Bhilai cos its well known and I got more feedbacks.

By the way the road conditions are same as you mentioned. Actually I live in a place called Shorapur in Karnataka which is 250 kms from Hyd. So I started from my place at 5 am sharp and I had my breakfast at Pargi. I was on Hyd ORR at about 9 am and I found my way to Nagpur highway after quite a few inquires on the road. The distance from Hyd ORR to Nagpur 4 lane road was really time consuming. However once I was on the 4 lane it was a breeze and I could manage speeds upto 150 kmph though I could not maintain for long distances. The breaks in the 4 lane is a pain and some times come unexpectedly and are dangerous. I was at Nagpur at around 03:30 PM and I straight away headed towards NH-6 and finally I was at Durg, Chhattisgarh at about 7:00 PM. So it took me about 14 hours for a journey of 1000 kms including breaks for breakfast, lunch, refulling, inquiring, buying water, etc. I did not have to pay any toll as my car has a MLA pass.

Overall the journey was just satisfactory and it would definetely have been a pleasure had the entire strech was 4 laned with all the flyovers and bypasses completely finished and functional. I was the lone driver all the way though I had a friend with me to keep company. The fuel efficieny I managed to get was just about 14 kmpl and my car was i20 CRDi.

On the way back I started from Durg at about 11 AM and reached Hyderabad at about 10 PM and halted at Hyderabad. I could not manage good speeds on my way back and I am not able to figure out the reasons for it. Maybe cos it got dark and I am a bad night driver, I mean to say I drive little slowly after dark. I started from Hyd to my place today morning at about 9 AM and reached my place at about 12:30 PM.

Last edited by patil : 14th March 2012 at 18:52.
Old 8th October 2012, 13:00   #23
BHPian

Its THAT time of the year again.

Folks, its diwali time and once again I am planning to do BLR-Bhilai-BLR between 10th-18th Nov. Looking to hook up with any fellow Bhilaians/Durgians/Raipurians interested in the road trip.

Back up plan - Have already spoken to a driver in case I do not get company as I am not too keen on driving such a long distance alone. He has quoted 1000 Rs per day.

Though I would much prefer doing the trip with a fellow bhpian. Please feel free to pm if anyone is interested.
Old 9th October 2012, 21:52   #24
MDe
BHPian

Good plan bud, I might drive myself around that time. But dates not fixed so far. Catch up at Bhilai then.
Old 10th October 2012, 12:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird82 View Post
Looking to hook up with any fellow Bhilaians/Durgians/Raipurians interested in the road trip.
We are still planning for a Diwali trip, not firmed up yet. Should be confirmed by end of October, once done i will ping you. Are you planning a straight drive or with one stop in between?

If we decide to go it might be one stop strategy .
Old 10th October 2012, 14:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
How good is the road condition on NH6 from Nagpur to MH border and inside CG?
Is the 4-laning work complete in both sides?
And do you take the Ring Road inside Nagpur city from NH7 (south) to NH6 (east)?
With the opening on outer ring road, people going on NH6 and NH7 can take this, you will bypass the Nagpur city and would save lots of time, this a toll road and the toll is on higher side,but excellent 4 lane bypass.

People going toward Jabalpur gets most benefited, as it bypasses Kampti and Kanhan apart from Nagpur. Unless you are staying and Nagpur people should take this bypass.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 17:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
We are still planning for a Diwali trip, not firmed up yet. Should be confirmed by end of October, once done i will ping you. Are you planning a straight drive or with one stop in between?

If we decide to go it might be one stop strategy .
Look forward to hearing from you. Am cool with One Stop strategy.
Old 13th October 2012, 18:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I might be doing BLR-RPR around the Diwali timeframe. Due to some constraints I cannot leave before Sunday (11th) evening and thus, am left with no option but to do an overnight BLR-HYD and then try and reach RPR (via NGP) by 12th evening. Will keep you posted on my plans...

Last edited by cool_dube : 13th October 2012 at 18:32.
Old 16th October 2012, 17:13   #29
BHPian

Planning to do Bangalore-Hyderbad-Nagpur-Bhopal this weekend. Can I take Nagpur bypass for Bhopal route as well ? As per my understanding, it's only after Saoner that route changes for Jabalpur & Bhopal.

p.s. : Travelling alone in my XUV so if somebody is not able to get ticket for Dussehra, got lots of space for fellow bhpians :-)
Old 16th October 2012, 17:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
Planning to do Bangalore-Hyderbad-Nagpur-Bhopal this weekend. Can I take Nagpur bypass for Bhopal route as well ?
As far as I know, the new ORR will not help you since that is only for getting on to NH6 (towards Raipur) and NH7 (towards Jabalpur). For NH69 (Bhopal/Indore) it might make sense to go through Nagpur city. Experts can comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
As per my understanding, it's only after Saoner that route changes for Jabalpur & Bhopal.
Incorrect. Routes for Jabalpur and Bhopal bifurcate within Nagpur city itself (somewhere around LIC circle IIRC). Jabalpur route goes via Kamthi and Bhopal/Indore route via Saoner.

Also, please share the latest road conditions b/w BLR-NGP once you are back.

Last edited by cool_dube : 16th October 2012 at 17:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks