Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2017, 13:33   #31
BHPian

Re: Chennai to Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Hi folks,

I'm planning to drive down to Thiruvannamalai tomorrow. Appreciate any inputs on the road conditions between Tindivanam and TV Malai through Gingee. If this is bad, please suggest an alternate route. Thanks!
I plan to drive from TV Malai to Chennai coming Sunday. Can you share how was your drive from TV Malai > Gingee > Tinidvanam... so on to Chennai? Thanks!
Old 10th February 2017, 18:50   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
I plan to drive from TV Malai to Chennai coming Sunday. Can you share how was your drive from TV Malai > Gingee > Tinidvanam. so on to Chennai? Thanks!
I think he took the Arani-Vellore option. That part I think is good most places.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 23:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
I plan to drive from TV Malai to Chennai coming Sunday. Can you share how was your drive from TV Malai > Gingee > Tinidvanam... so on to Chennai? Thanks!
I didn't venture this route as there wasn't any positive notes from the forum when I enquired. I took the Arani-Polur route and it was pretty good all the way through. Leaving Adyar at around 2pm, I reached TVMalai at 6:30pm with a 45min break for lunch. Hope you this helps.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 19:35   #34
BHPian

Hello All,

Have an upcoming trip to Thiruvannamalai. Is the road via Tindivanam, Gingee is good now? I am in southern chennai so preferring to take this route.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th January 2021, 21:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Is the road via Tindivanam, Gingee is good now? I am in southern chennai so preferring to take this route
Gingee route has always been dreaded & to be avoided. Hopefully I can post the status tomorrow evening; give me some time please.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 21:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Gingee route has always been dreaded & to be avoided. Hopefully I can post the status tomorrow evening; give me some time please.
Thanks. I am starting tomorrow morning. No problem, let me see if anyone else can provide some inputs.
Old 13th January 2021, 21:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I am starting tomorrow morning. No problem, let me see if anyone else can provide some inputs.
What time pls? We're starting at 4:00 Am & intent to take Arani route for outbound & Gingee route inbound Chennai.
Old 1st October 2021, 19:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
What time pls? We're starting at 4:00 Am & intent to take Arani route for outbound & Gingee route inbound Chennai.
Hi Aargee - could you post your experience on the route? Planning to drive from Thiruvanmiyur this month, to Arcot-Arani-Tiruvannamalai
Old 1st October 2021, 19:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofmars View Post
Hi Aargee - could you post your experience on the route? Planning to drive from Thiruvanmiyur this month, to Arcot-Arani-Tiruvannamalai
This is exactly the route we did in Jan 2021, not sure how the road conditions are now. The roads when returning were good; but a bit of stretch, like < 10 Km, was horrendous during onward journey, which to me is negligible when you drive for over 200 Km round trip.

https://goo.gl/maps/rCzWSPp1eYV2dSr28
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 22:03   #40
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Can anyone advise how is the gingee to Tiruvannamalai stretch now? I travelled last year in January and it was not good. Also, how about the road to Tiruvarangam from Tiruvannamalai? Has anyone used that road recently? Planning to visit the Perumal temple in that town.

Appreciate your feedback.
Old 28th March 2022, 08:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gingee to Tiruvannamalai
Still bad. Better to take Villupuram bypass-Vettavalam-Tiruvannamalai

Quote:
Tiruvarangam from Tiruvannamalai
I guess you mean Aadhi thiruvarangam here, not Srirangam. Have only been in Thirukoilur route, which is good. Not sure of the direct route.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 10:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, how about the road to Tiruvarangam from Tiruvannamalai? Has anyone used that road recently?
To start with, I have used that road but not in recent times. Some general information: The road passes through forest area and villages. One needs to expect cattle on the roads, as well as hay (or whatever it is, I am not knowledgeable enough to identify) that people put on the road to dry. The ride was bumpy for the most part when I went years back; not much traffic.

The approach roads to the temple are narrow. There is ample parking space near the temple. The temple does not close during afternoon.

Tiruvannamalai - Tirukoilur - Tiruvarangam is a triangle, so one needs to take the above road only in one direction if covering Tirukoilur as well. Tirukoilur temple will be closed during afternoon. Tirukoilur - Tiruvarangam route had lots of traffic.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 20:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

I guess you mean Aadhi thiruvarangam here, not Srirangam. Have only been in Thirukoilur route, which is good. Not sure of the direct route.
Thanks. Yes it is Aadhi Tiruvarangam. I drove from Tiruvannamalai last weekend and the road is okay but not smooth. While returning I visited Melmalayanur temple and joined back at gingee. To my surprise the roads in this route were much better than gingee road which is the most widely used one so not sure why steps are not being taken to complete the unfinished stretches. It is a pain to cross those parts and make us tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
To start with, I have used that road but not in recent times. Some general information: The road passes through forest area and villages. One needs to expect cattle on the roads, as well as hay (or whatever it is, I am not knowledgeable enough to identify) that people put on the road to dry. The ride was bumpy for the most part when I went years back; not much traffic.

The approach roads to the temple are narrow. There is ample parking space near the temple. The temple does not close during afternoon.
Thanks. I have been there previously once but that time I went via Tirukovilur. Yes, the roads are bumpy still.
senthils27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 10:17   #44
BHPian

Visited Tiruvannamalai temple on Thursday

The Tindivanam - TVM road is excellent (two lane without divider). Except for the bottleneck at Perungalathur, the drive was smooth

Parking continues to be a problem near temple. There was quite a good crowd. Took Rs.5- ticket and could complete darshan in about 45 minutes.

If you are driving, park at a place away from the temple and take an auto to to the temple and other places (Ramanasharamam/Yogi Ramsurathkumar ashram) since parking is a major problem in these places also
raju2512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 09:17   #45

Hi, I am planning a trip to Thiruvannamalai from Chennai on January 4 (Thursday). How is the road between the Chennai-Tiruchi Highway & Thiruvannamalai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks