Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2024, 10:43   #31
BHPian

Re: Goa : Hotel Scam! Please be careful

Well, the saga continues.
Just that this time the characters are different, i.e., instead of Royal Group I was approached by a person from Grand Leoney Resort at Vagator.

Yesterday I, along with my wife, visited Vagator beach and there is this guy in grey t-shirt handing out coupons. I tried to avoid him but he kept following me and insisted that I should at least pick one and then it's up to me if I want to proceed with their scam, ooops I mean, scheme or not.

Now, as a wise gentleman suggested in a post here that you should never be with your wife in such situations. Now, my wife was very excited on seeing a free coupon and asked me to pick one. So, I had to relent and picked one from that guy and opened it.

Guy (with the most fake expression on his face) - "Wow sir! You have picked the bumper prize. You'll get an assured gift. Only 8 in 1000 get this opportunity!!"

Just for the fact, the prizes were:
1. 2N/3D stay at the Leoney Resort
2. Samsung tab
3. Samsung watch
4. 10,000 cash prize

I'm thinking in my mind that a "better luck next time" coupon would have been much better as I knew what's coming next!

Guy - "Sir, you'll now have to scratch the card to know which prize you're eligible for. Only condition is that you have to scratch it in the resort if front of the team there." Red flag #1.

I - "Lol! Thanks for telling me the condition. I'll think about it. Let me first enjoy the beach for some time and have my lunch."

Now, time was around 1.15 pm.

Guy - " Sir, this offer is valid only up to 2 pm. You'll lose out if you waste time here. We will serve you tea and snacks. If you say, I'll also arrange lunch for you."
Showing me urgency of time - Red flag #2.

My wife said that we should probably give it a chance and see what we get. Heck, I'm not falling for this. I blatantly told my wife that this is all a waste of time. The resort people will make you sit for 60-90 minutes and try to sell some package. I don't want to ruin my vacation over this.

I felt pity for the guy who's putting in so much effort standing entire day under the sun, just to earn some commission. I offered my coupon to him and told him that he can give it to his relatives/friends and let them enjoy the prize.

He replied it doesn't work that way. Red flag #3??

Anyway, we walked away. Later, I scratched the coupon to see what I have missed out and , of course, 2N/3D ay the resort it was!
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks