Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 00:35   #1
BHPian

Coimbatore to Kanchipuram

Hi am planning on a trip to kanchipuram and as this is the first time am driving there not sure of the route to take as google suggests me three routes. Any suggestions on the best route to take will help me a lot as am driving with my family and in-laws. Btw I've blocked rooms for us at M M Hotels, kanchipuram for a over night stay based on trip advisor reviews. Any suggestions on that would also be really helpful.

Dear mods, pls merge this thread if a thread on this exists.

Last edited by smrtdvl : 12th September 2012 at 00:38.
Old 12th September 2012, 07:25   #2
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Coimbatore to Kanchipuram

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi am planning on a trip to kanchipuram and as this is the first time am driving there not sure of the route to take as google suggests me three routes. Any suggestions on the best route to take will help me a lot as am driving with my family and in-laws. Btw I've blocked rooms for us at M M Hotels, kanchipuram for a over night stay based on trip advisor reviews. Any suggestions on that would also be really helpful.

Dear mods, pls merge this thread if a thread on this exists.
If one of the routes is Via Tiruvannamalai, you can give that a miss
So your options can be:
1. Coimbatore-Salem-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Kanchipuram (GQ route, road conditions are good but for widening on the Krishnagiri-Vellore stretch which should be manageable on day drives)
2. Coimbatore-Salem-Dharmapuri-Tirupattur-Vellore-Kanchipuram
This one I'm not sure about current conditions of Dharmapuri-Tirupattur-Vellore section.
Hope this helps.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 11:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Coimbatore to Kanchipuram

Mods note: Thread moved to Route / Travel Queries.
Old 12th September 2012, 14:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coimbatore to Kanchipuram

Going via Krishnagiri, Vellore is the best available option. I don't see very good options if you come via NH45.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 15:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coimbatore to Kanchipuram

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi am planning on a trip to kanchipuram and as this is the first time am driving there not sure of the route to take as google suggests
Stick to the Coimbatore-Salem-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Kanchipuram route as others have suggested,its the fastest and best in terms of route conditions and enroute facilities.Depending on your time of departure from Coimbatore,CBE-Salem can be done in 2.5hrs,Salem-Krishnagiri in another 90mins,Kgiri-Vellore in 2hrs,Vellore-Kanchipuram in 1hr.Would be a good idea to take the Annur route to Avinashi to avoid the CBE-Avinashi mess.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks