Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 22:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Delhi-Rajasthan-MP

A friend and I are planning this route in January 2012.

Delhi-Jaipur-Kota-Ujjain-Bhopal-Jabalpur-Mandla (Kanha)-Umaria (Bandhavgarh)-Satna (Panna)-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi. Please help me with the following queries:

1. My friend wants to give 10 days, though ideally I'd like to complete it in 8 days. Possible?

2. What would be the preferred night halts?

3. Any other pointers regarding route conditions, things to carry, things to remember etc?
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 22:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi-Rajasthan-MP

Jabalpur-Mandla (Kanha)-Umaria (Bandhavgarh)-Satna (Panna)

This section is suspicious, might be good roads or might be bad roads. So, do only in day light. Rest Ujjain-Bhopal is excellent road, Kota-Ujjain might also be in good shape, not confident though.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:18   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
A friend and I are planning this route in January 2012.
Nice, cold and foggy in North and west India. Account for loss of time en route due to fog.

Quote:
Delhi-Jaipur-Kota-Ujjain-Bhopal-Jabalpur-Mandla (Kanha)-Umaria (Bandhavgarh)-Satna (Panna)-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi.
Kanha-Bandhavgarh-Panna-Jhansi-Orchha-Gwalior will eat up 8 days if you want to enjoy your holiday, not rush from place to place.
Quote:
1. My friend wants to give 10 days, though ideally I'd like to complete it in 8 days. Possible?
Nothing much in Kota and Ujjain IMO, and you can cover Jaipur in a later trip, so the rest is doable in 8 days.
Quote:
2. What would be the preferred night halts?
2N Bandhavgarh, 2N Orchha, 1N each in Panna, Jabalpur (Bheraghat) & Gwalior.
Quote:
3. Any other pointers regarding route conditions, things to carry, things to remember etc?
Now THAT is a long ask requiring a thread of its own (there's one at least, that covers everything).
Old 27th October 2012, 18:52   #4
BHPian

i guess first you need to provide a little more info on where exactly ur intrests lie in terms of sightseeing. The places you have mentioned have lots of things, so every one will offer you night halts based on their preference. Typically you should give 2N in Bandhavgarh atleast 4 safaris if you are a wildlife buff. Orccha 1N (sunrise n sunset). Jaipur and Agra would again take 2N each so better avoid in this trip.
A sample itinerary:
Day 1 Delhi Orchha -450kms night halt Orchha
Day 2 Orchha- Khajuraho 180kms 1N
Day 3 Leave ard 10-11 AM Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh through Satna Maihar approx 260 kms-mixed roads
Day4 Bandhavgarh morning and evening safari
Day 5 Morning and evening safari-leave after evening safari and go to jabalpur, 180 kms, very good roads. Night at Jabalpur
Day 6 Visit Marble rocks at jabalpur in morning, do boat ride and leave for bhopal
Jabalpur - Bhopal (DO not take NH-12 jabalpur-Bhopal, instead take Jabalpur-Narsinghpur-SH-22-(good toll road all the way)-Hoshangabad-NH69-Bhopal (some section around mandideep is in bad shape)- ard 350 kms Night halt Bhopal
Day 7 Bhopal -can visit sanchi as day trip Or if you are religious types go to Ujjain on this day and night halt at Ujjain
Day 8 Bhopal - Jaipur through Kota -Bundi -680kms Road condition iam not aware of
Day 9 Jaipur
Day 10 Delhi
or Day 8 Ujjain- Jaipur though Mandsaur-Chittorgarh (visit fort)

So this was a sample itinerary and only you can decide depending on what are your intrests.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks