Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 16:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Neyveli - Mysore: Best Route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreddy420 View Post
... This is THE route to be taken from now on if anyone wants to drive from Bangalore to Neyveli.
Thanks for the update, jreddy420 ; I knew when this road was ready, it would be a pleasure to drive thru this route...thanks for confirming it.
Old 18th March 2013, 17:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreddy420 View Post
Update on Salem - Neyveli route.

I drove from Neyveli to Bangalore via Salem on 17th March. I took the Veppur - V Koot road. Road conditions are absolutely good and is a pleasure to drive on this route. This is THE route to be taken from now on if anyone wants to drive from Bangalore to Neyveli.
Thanks. That is a very good update. Initially I was not very convinced if it would save anything compared to the four lane. But looks it does as the road is good one can bypass Ulundurpet totally.
Old 17th July 2014, 17:30   #18
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks. That is a very good update. Initially I was not very convinced if it would save anything compared to the four lane. But looks it does as the road is good one can bypass Ulundurpet totally.
I will be driving down to Neyveli during the first week of August and would like to know the route with the best driving comfort. Thanks.
Old 17th July 2014, 17:35   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp View Post
I will be driving down to Neyveli during the first week of August and would like to know the route with the best driving comfort. Thanks.
Best Route:

Mysore-Nanjangud-Chamarajanagar-Dimbam-Sathy-Gobi-Bhavani-Salem-Attur-Ulundurpet-Vridhachalam-Neyveli.

If you start by 4AM, you should be at Sankari by 8/8:30 in time for breakfast at Saravana Bhavan on the 47 bypass.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 17:38   #20
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Best Route:

Mysore-Nanjangud-Chamarajanagar-Dimbam-Sathy-Gobi-Bhavani-Salem-Attur-Ulundurpet-Vridhachalam-Neyveli.

If you start by 4AM, you should be at Sankari by 8/8:30 in time for breakfast at Saravana Bhavan on the 47 bypass.
Thanks, Ampere. I am sorry that I didnt mention that I am traveling from Bangalore to Neyveli. I posted here as I did not find any other thread with subject "Neyveli" but forgot to mention that I am traveling from Bangalore
Old 17th July 2014, 18:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Ampere. I am sorry that I didnt mention that I am traveling from Bangalore to Neyveli. I posted here as I did not find any other thread with subject "Neyveli" but forgot to mention that I am traveling from Bangalore
Bangalore-Salem-Ulundurpet-Vriddachalam-Neyveli will be the fastest. You get 4-laned highways till Ulundurpet and good 2-lane.

Bangalore-Arcot-Vandavasi-Sothupakkam-Vikravandi-Panruti-Neyveli is another route. But that will add about 50 km will no big advantage.

Am not sure of V-Koot Road-Veppur-Vriddachalam current condition that jreddy mentions few posts above.
Old 17th July 2014, 21:15   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As Narayan mentioned the best option is Bangalore-Salem-Uludurpet-Vridhachalam-Neyveli.
Old 18th July 2014, 17:18   #23
mvp
BHPian

Thanks, Narayan and Ampere.
Old 10th August 2014, 21:33   #24
mvp
BHPian

Thanks, Ampere and Narayan. I travelled by bus from Bangalore to neyveli and drove back with my friend.

We avoided getting into vridhachalam town to reach ulundurpet and instead hit the NH, 20 km before Attur. The road until Attur is a little rough for about 30 minutes drive but is manageable.
Old 10th August 2014, 21:42   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We avoided getting into vridhachalam town to reach ulundurpet and instead hit the NH, 20 km before Attur. The road until Attur is a little rough for about 30 minutes drive but is manageable.
Basically you took that SH to cut the GST (Chennai Trichy NH45, Grand Southern Trunk Road) at Veppur and hit V Koot Road on the 4-lane NH68. Many have been using that option. Its a decent stretch too.
Old 16th December 2014, 21:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Best Route:

Ampere,

I could not landed up at this post at a more appropriate time. I am planning to drive from Salem to Mysore. and I shall be taking this route.
Thanks a ton!

A question, how safe is the drive via the Sathyamangalam forests..considering that I have some elderly folks with me who might need some breaks on the way?
Old 16th December 2014, 21:59   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carChef View Post
A question, how safe is the drive via the Sathyamangalam forests..considering that I have some elderly folks with me who might need some breaks on the way?
- If you are driving during day time, its absolutely safe.
- The only unknown here is if a truck breaks down in a hairpin bend, you are stuck.

Else its quite easy and quite safe during day time.

Place for food break: Saravana Bhavan at Sankari bypass.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 22:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
- If you are driving during day time, its absolutely safe.
- The only unknown here is if a truck breaks down in a hairpin bend, you are stuck.

Else its quite easy and quite safe during day time.

Place for food break: Saravana Bhavan at Sankari bypass.
Thanks a lot Ampere!! I was not very sure as this is going to be my first drive via the Sathyamangalam forests.

Team-BHP rocks!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks