Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2012, 18:02   #1
BHPian

How to get on GST from OMR Chennai?

Since all hotels and resorts in Yelagiri, Yercaud and Horsely Hills are full due to extended weekend, I decided to spend the weekend in Pondicherry.

However, I don't want to take ECR as I don't enjoy that drive. It is quite scenic but not fun to drive.

How can I get on GST Road from OMR, where I live. Also, where will it get me into pondicherry - towards the town or Auroville?

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 21st December 2012 at 18:03.
Old 21st December 2012, 18:09   #2
BHPian

Re: How to get on GST from OMR Chennai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Since all hotels and resorts in Yelagiri, Yercaud and Horsely Hills are full due to extended weekend, I decided to spend the weekend in Pondicherry.

However, I don't want to take ECR as I don't enjoy that drive. It is quite scenic but not fun to drive.

How can I get on GST Road from OMR, where I live. Also, where will it get me into pondicherry - towards the town or Auroville?
If you want to reach Pondi via GST road from OMR take the following route

OMR - Navalur ( AGS Cinemas Toll) - Vandalur Kelambakkam Road ( This will connect you to GST road near Vandalur zoo) - GST road - Dindivanam - Pondi . This would connect you to pondi after the Auroville town and almost inside the city.
aravind84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 18:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
If you want to reach Pondi via GST road from OMR take the following route

OMR - Navalur ( AGS Cinemas Toll) - Vandalur Kelambakkam Road ( This will connect you to GST road near Vandalur zoo) - GST road - Dindivanam - Pondi . This would connect you to pondi after the Auroville town and almost inside the city.
Thanks a lot. I know the Navallur Toll Plaza. Do I continue going straight from there and will hit GST or if I ask anybody they would be able to guide me to GST?

Also, is this a better road than ECR?
Old 21st December 2012, 19:17   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Thanks a lot. I know the Navallur Toll Plaza. Do I continue going straight from there and will hit GST or if I ask anybody they would be able to guide me to GST?

Also, is this a better road than ECR?
After you cross the Navalur toll, look out for a right which shows the route to Vandalur. You can check with someone who will help you as well. This ofcourse is a safe road compared to ECR
aravind84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 22:29   #5
BHPian

Thanks mate. Wanted to take GST to Pondicherry for quite a while.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks