Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2013, 16:20   #1
BHPian

Best route from Hyderabad to Chirala

I would be driving to Chirala this weekend fro Hyderabad. As per the route mentioned in Google maps. There are 2 routes to Chirala.

1. The first route is through Nalgonda, Narsaraopet & Chilkaluripet. This route is approximately around 310 kms from Hyderabad

2. This route is through Vijaywada & Guntur and is about 387 kms from Hyderabad.

Wanted to know which of these 2 routes should I be taking ? Considering that the Hyd- vijaywada route is now a 4 lane highway & doable in 3 hours, is this the best route to Chirala ?

How good is the first route ? road condition and traffic ?

please help..
Old 26th February 2013, 18:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best route from Hyderabad to Chirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
I would be driving to Chirala this weekend fro Hyderabad. As per the route mentioned in Google maps. There are 2 routes to Chirala.

1. The first route is through Nalgonda, Narsaraopet & Chilkaluripet. This route is approximately around 310 kms from Hyderabad

2. This route is through Vijaywada & Guntur and is about 387 kms from Hyderabad.

Wanted to know which of these 2 routes should I be taking ? Considering that the Hyd- vijaywada route is now a 4 lane highway & doable in 3 hours, is this the best route to Chirala ?

How good is the first route ? road condition and traffic ?

please help..
Go via Vijayawada.Roads are excellent and the distance can be covered in quick time.The Narsaraopet road is all potholed at many places especially between Macherla and Karempudi and between Karempudi and C'pet,plus 2 laned.It would take you atleast 6hrs to reach C'pet via this route.IMO not worth it.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks