Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2014, 12:13   #1
BHPian

Trichy to Mysore road trip

Hi,

I am planning to do a trip from Trichy (Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu) to Mysore. Would like to know if anyone has recently driven and how the road conditions are and recommend a good route to take.

Google maps indicate a lot of twists and turns via state highways (Trichy, Karur, Namakkal, Erode, Satyamangalam, Chamarajanagara, Mysore).

Most of the queries in the forum addresses trips from Trichy to Bangalore and not to Mysore.

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st January 2014, 12:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trichy to Mysore road trip

This is the best option, roads are good upto Sathy as I know from recent travel and it is good upto Trichy.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 21:44   #3
BHPian

May I know approximately how long it would take to drive from Trichy to Mysore?
Old 6th January 2014, 21:53   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
May I know approximately how long it would take to drive from Trichy to Mysore?
As I see in Google its about 350 km. The best route I can think off :

- Trichy-Thuraiyur-Namakkal-Tiruchengode-Bhavani-Gobi-Sathy-Chamarajanagar-Nanjangud-Mysore

I would say mark about 6-8 hours. Impediments include:

- Crossing Namakkal and Tiruchengode (Crossing Bhavani should be easier)
- 26 hair pins at Dimbam
- Chamarajanagar-Nanjangud road condition being rough
- Traffic on Nanjangud-Mysore section

Food Points : Bhavani, Sathy, Chamarajanagar.
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 22:05   #5
BHPian

Wow. Food points and impediments! That's the kind of detail that we get in team-bhp not available in any other forum. Thanks Ampere for the detailed information.

6 - 8 hrs seems manageable.
Old 6th January 2014, 22:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- Chamarajanagar-Nanjangud road condition being rough
- Traffic on Nanjangud-Mysore section
I recommend taking Chamarajanagara-T.Narasipura-Mysore to avoid the above impediments. The distance gets increased by 9-10kms, but its very peaceful throughout, better roads and lesser traffic (except for a small stretch of about 10kms or so, its NH209 and NH212). With the fancy bridge across Kapila river thrown open in T.Narasipur, that bottleneck too is gone (note that the KSRTC Volvo buses to Coimbatore take this route).

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 23:01   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
I recommend taking Chamarajanagara-T.Narasipura-Mysore to avoid the above impediments. The distance gets increased by 9-10kms, but its very peaceful throughout, better roads and lesser traffic (except for a small stretch of about 10kms or so, its NH209 and NH212). With the fancy bridge across Kapila river thrown open in T.Narasipur, that bottleneck too is gone (note that the KSRTC Volvo buses to Coimbatore take this route).

Prasad
Is the NH212 section along Narasipura good? I thought it was bad. Hence did not suggest. But as you said if its good, its definitely worth it.
Old 6th January 2014, 23:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Is the NH212 section along Narasipura good? I thought it was bad. Hence did not suggest. But as you said if its good, its definitely worth it.
Yes, its pretty good. The only problem earlier was that traffic used to pile-up before the narrow bridge across Kapila at T.Narasipur. A few months ago the new bridge has been thrown open. (BTW, they are planning to make it (needlessly) 4-lane b/w T.Narasipur-Mysore).

Prasad
Old 6th January 2014, 23:26   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, its pretty good. The only problem earlier was that traffic used to pile-up before the narrow bridge across Kapila at T.Narasipur. A few months ago the new bridge has been thrown open. (BTW, they are planning to make it (needlessly) 4-lane b/w T.Narasipur-Mysore).

Prasad
Thanks Prasad. That surely helps.

On a totally different note:

Any idea how is T-Narasipura-Bannur-Srirangapatna? Because if thats good then you have a perfect bypass for Mysore for people driving up north. I hear stretches around Bannur being quite bad.
Old 7th January 2014, 09:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:

Any idea how is T-Narasipura-Bannur-Srirangapatna? Because if thats good then you have a perfect bypass for Mysore for people driving up north. I hear stretches around Bannur being quite bad.
T.Narasipura-Bannur (upto the T-junction where this road meets Malavalli-Bannur road) is in mint condition - thick tarmac, low traffic, wider 2 lane road, lush green paddy/coconut fields on either side. I haven't taken Bannur-Srirangapatna road for a while now.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 17:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, its pretty good. The only problem earlier was that traffic used to pile-up before the narrow bridge across Kapila at T.Narasipur.

Prasad
Correct me if I am wrong. That should be Chamarajanagara - Yelandur - Teramballi - Murugu - T-narasipura?
Old 28th January 2014, 12:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:

- Trichy-Thuraiyur-Namakkal-Tiruchengode-Bhavani-Gobi-Sathy-Chamarajanagar-Nanjangud-Mysore
I am thinking about a holiday drive to Mysore: Madurai->Annur->Satyamangalam->Chamarajanagar->Mysore (I do not want to go via Ooty).

I am well versed till Annur. I am worried about the Satyamangalam->Chamarajanagar sector. Are the roads safe for a drive with family? Any other threads about this stretch on team-bhp?
Old 28th January 2014, 13:00   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I am thinking about a holiday drive to Mysore: Madurai->Annur->Satyamangalam->Chamarajanagar->Mysore (I do not want to go via Ooty).

I am well versed till Annur. I am worried about the Satyamangalam->Chamarajanagar sector. Are the roads safe for a drive with family? Any other threads about this stretch on team-bhp?

They are pretty safe for a day drive. I would just say, avoid night drives. For day drives its beautiful!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 07:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Annur Sathyamangalam route is fine for night drives as well with heavy vehicle traffic right through the night.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 20:05   #15
BHPian

Planning to do Trichy-Mysore by 28 Dec. Which option is good in terms of road condition? Have kids and senior citizens.
1) Trichy-Sathy-T.Narsipura-Mysore
2) Trichy-Salem-Hosur-Bangalore-Mysore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks