Team-BHP - Need suggestions for a holiday trip around Karnataka
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Need suggestions for a holiday trip around Karnataka (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/15129-need-suggestions-holiday-trip-around-karnataka-2.html)

Sushrutha thanks for the changes .. The thing being the map that we had had a pathetic sense of direction and thats why i got all the places jumbled up .. The final destinations are :

Day 1 : Bangalore , chennarayapatna , hassan , belur , halebedu , chickmagaluru , hebbe falls , bababudangiri , kemmangundi , kalhatti falls , bhardra wildlife sanctuary and halt at chickmagaluru ..

Day 2 : Chickmagaluru , horanadu , kudremukh , national park , sringeri , agumbe , manipal and halt for the night ..

Day 3 : Manipal , udupi , malpe , St. Mary's Island , kota , kundapur , marawanthe , bhatkal , murudeshwar and halt ..

Day 4 : Murudeshwar , honnavar , Jog falls , shimoga , gajanur dam , bhadravati , tavarekoppa safari , tarikere , kadur , tumkur and back to bangalore ...

Total travelling will be approx 450 kms (1st day) , 250 kms (2nd day) , 150 kms (3rd day) , 500 kms (4th day) ..

Actually i wanted to go to gokarna , turn off to the ankola ghats and head to bangalore via hubli but that would mean a complete roundabout and an additional 200-250 kms .. So dropped the idea ..

Also an open invitation to any tbhpian who would want to join us for the trip is most welcome to do so .. Other members participating are memo45_m and myself .. Jay and v1p3r may be joining us too ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha
1 more slight change in day2 is, It has to be CKM-MUDIGERE-KOTTIGEHARA-KALASA-KUDREMUKHA-KALASA-HORNADU-BASARIKATTE - JAYAURA-SRINGERI-AGUMBE-HEBRI-KARKALA-MANIPAL....
Let me know if u have any difficulties in finding the routes
Regards
Sush

Thats exactly the route we are taking .. However dont have much idea about the places to visit in mudigere , kalasa , basarikatter , karkala .. Any help would be appreciated ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
What about wayanad ??

Absolutely beautiful! Was there yesterday. Did Tirupur - Mysore - S. Batthery - Tirupur and back in the office now.

Roads are beautiful. Plenty of wildlife sightings too. I would suggest the following

Day 1 - Bangalore - Mysore - Gundulpet - S. Batthery. You should start from blr by 3 AM to make the most of the drive. Pookot lake, Eddakal caves, Jain Temple. You could stay in Vythiri resorts for the night.

Day 2 - Proceed to Calicut. Good beaches, sea food. Start from Calicut by 4.00 PM. You'll reach Palghat by 8.00 PM. Stay the night in Palghat.

Day 3 - From Palghat take the pollachi road. Go to Top slip, Parambikulam. Stay the night in Parambikulam. This is a reserve forest area and you'll love it if you are an out doors person.

Day 4 - Go for a trek in Parambikulam forest. Takes about 5 hours but worth your time and money. Start from Parambikulam by 5.00 PM. You have to exit the forest by 6.00 PM. After that the checkpost will be closed. 8.00 PM reach coimbatore. Stay for the night.

Day 5 - Give me a call / Pay me a visit :D Get back to blr by 6.00 PM

try this route, Bangalore- chitradurga-Haveri-Gadag-hospet-Hampi-Hospet-Chitradurga- Bangalore, the road is fantastic, flat till haveri, after haveri you turn off to the right towards Gadag the road is thrugh some villages but awesome no traffic and good roads, Hospet stay at hotel Malligi, an amazing place, vist the TB Dam, must be fantastico now, Spend a day in Hampi,and get back, these are my experiences, visit the fort at chitradurga, also try the chilli bondas ther it is fantastic

also there are a lot of places near hospet, get to know karnataka well also.

O harrie !!! I so badly wanted to do that trip down to kerala all the way to munnar .. But alas it will have to wait until september .. Because mom and the rest of the family wants to join in too .. So will make sure i make this trip in september and pay u a visit too ..

PS : Slightly OT , my phones not working .. So when u dropping off ur car ???

Ok people , due to some drop outs there is sufficient place for atleast two to make it to this trip ... Any takers ??

Hi Dude,

Your plan will not work..the places u have planned to go thru are the most beautifull places u'll ever find..hence u'll tend to spend more time here..and thereby the plans will go for a toss.

I can suggest two plans..
1.drive to dandeli,visit ambikanagar,supa,ganeshgudi,khadra and all the places around.
2. drive to mangalore and take the konkan highway..from south to north..
It's raining heavily now around all these places,but in a way this is the best time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pradeep_mk
Your plan will not work..the places u have planned to go thru are the most beautifull places u'll ever find..hence u'll tend to spend more time here..and thereby the plans will go for a toss.

Pradeep this is just a rough itenary .. We have left things to be as flexible as possible , subject to time the stay at the same places is bound to change .. We will take it as it comes ..

Anythin along NH17 .. i.e in Karnataka from Mlore to Ankola
(Enroute udupi.. Murdeshwar.. Gokarna..)
U can go along further up on NH17 till Karwar.. Or else take a right on NH17 from Ankola (enroute Yellapur) towards Hubli on NH63.. Classy road with the Arabaille grat section.. Hubli to Blore.. NH4..

Hi Guys,

Its been more than 3yrs that i gone out and relaxed. So am planning for a good vacation and need suggestions from you guys.

People: Myself, Wifey and Kiddo (3.5Yrs)
Vehicle: Bolero

1. Looking for a place within 400 (One-way) kms from Bangalore.
2. Prefer lush green forest, water stream, less crowd.
3. We are not interested in sight seeing, we prefer spending more time getting massage, sleeping, swimming.:D
4. We dont prefer luxury accomodation but yes a decent stay around 2k per day.

Please suggest.

Cheers,
Rajesh

You have lot of options.

1. Pondicherry.
2. Wayanad.
Vythiri Resort Wayanad - Nature Resorts North Kerala - Eco Hotel India
3. Kabini
4. Chickmangalur

some of them which came to my thoughts immediately.

Lush green and forest !

Try Kerala and look at Munnar or Valparai. In fact Valparai would be best as it would less crowded.

Quote:

1. Looking for a place within 400 (One-way) kms from Bangalore.
I would pick on the malnad region in Karnataka. The list is endless starting from Chikamagalur and all the way to Sringeri/Agumbe .

Quote:

2. Prefer lush green forest, water stream, less crowd.
If it was nature that I want to indulge in I would any-day wait for the monsoons to start off and venture to the Malnad belt.
Once again nothing beats the feeling of being in the malnad region during the monsoons.

The rest of the questions is best left unanswered coz it changes from place to place. At 2k you should be able to find a good deal in Karnataka itself.

I agree with Riju's suggestion on the Malnad belt/Western Ghats