Team-BHP - Need suggestions for a holiday trip around Karnataka
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Need suggestions for a holiday trip around Karnataka (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/15129-need-suggestions-holiday-trip-around-karnataka.html)

Ok guys now that the exams are almost over a few of us are planning to go on a 5 day holiday trip .. Need a few suggestions on worthy places to visit in and around karnataka .. The total driving distance shouldnt be more than 2000kms totally .. Request u guys to come out with some really nice scenic places ..

As of now we are thinking about mangalore , kudremukh , chikmagalore , malpe , kabini etc .. The thing is im really pathetic at choosing places .. Need all the help i can get from u guys ..

PS : Worthy places outside of karnataka are also welcome , how about munnar ??

Assuming it to be a 5 day trip (assuming that u people dont have wives), following is my 2 paisa (this is what i would do if my office gives me a 5 day break):

Outside Karnataka:
1) Bangalore - Kodai - Thekkady(or Kutralam) - Kumarakom (or Trivandrum) - Neeliyampathy (near Palghat) - Bangalore

Inside Karnataka:
2) Bangalore - Coorg (hill) - Mangalore - Murudeshwar - Karwar - Jog Falls - Bangalore

Now find out about weathers etc....based on that decide....

Abhi

All are students so that rules out the wives , the two places that u have mentioned seem to be excellent akroy .. However weather conditions as u said is what we are most worried about .. We would be driving in two balenos ..

Initially we were thinking about chikmagalore and kemmanagundi .. But looks like we are back to square one .. All confused ofcourse lol: ..

ooty - topslip - valparai - bangalore.

If you want good roads, try

B'lore - (NH48) (360kms) - M'lore - (NH17) (272kms) - Karwar - (NH63) (162kms) - Hubli - (NH4) (410kms) - B'lore.

Total dist - around 1200kms.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
If you want good roads, try

B'lore - (NH48) (360kms) - M'lore - (NH17) (272kms) - Karwar - (NH63) (162kms) - Hubli - (NH4) (410kms) - B'lore.

Total dist - around 1200kms.

Shan2nu

That route will provide ultimate driving pleasures provided its raining...!!!

Recently drove through that Nh-17 It has to be the best drive of my life..

Mclaren- I would suggest u a Kerala trip its raining n greener than ever..
As suggested by akroy
1) Bangalore - Kodai - Thekkady(or Kutralam) - Kumarakom (or Trivandrum) - Neeliyampathy (near Palghat) - Bangalore
Dont go till Trivandrum nothing much there

Quote:

That route will provide ultimate driving pleasures provided its raining...!!!

Recently drove through that Nh-17 It has to be the best drive of my life..
If NH17 impressed you, try NH48 and NH63 during this time of the year. It'l blow you away!!!

Only prob - not sure if the ghat section has been re-tared on NH63.

Shan2nu

Never been to NH 48 n 63
Correct me if i'm wrong..!!

NH-17 has more or most scenic roads in India...!!!!
NH-48 n NH-63 more ghats, test of driving skills n handling of the car....

Quote:

NH-48 n NH-63 more ghats, test of driving skills n handling of the car....
It's got both. But yeah, more of skill and handling. Good stretch to beat more powerful cars (provided you know the roads).

Shan2nu

What about wayanad ?? The road we took to goa last time soon after the hubli bypass was a stunner driving in the rain .. Jay , islero and nitrous will vouch for it :D ..

Quote:

The road we took to goa last time soon after the hubli bypass was a stunner driving in the rain .. Jay , islero and nitrous will vouch for it ..
Thats NH63!!! Autocar awarded it, the 2nd best road in India.

Shan2nu

hey..how bout blore- mysore- coorg-m`lore-blore....you can even drop by kudremukh while you are in m`lore....the scenes are amazin..trust me...had been there yest on bikes nd it felt great..........wel the roads aft sakleshpur are really in a very bad shape right now...so wouldnt advice you to take that route.......wel i`l be drivin to bang in the aft by the same route...got no other option...have to be in bang by the shortest route...so lets see...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
The road we took to goa last time soon after the hubli bypass was a stunner driving in the rain .. Jay will vouch for it :D ..

agree: .... and i totally agree... i loved that route...
Nitrous will surely vouch for it provided its not in mclaren's car and surely not mclaren driving it...lol...

About driving to Kerala, i would suggest you to confirm about the weather, coz if its raining, then a drive to Kerala is the worst thing as it rains Mammoth's and Dinosaur's unlike cats and dogs here.... and with stock tyres... forget it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
What about wayanad ?? The road we took to goa last time soon after the hubli bypass was a stunner driving in the rain .. Jay , islero and nitrous will vouch for it :D ..

Road to wayanad is awesome... especially drive through the bandipur forest range is a great experience... but it wouldnt be ideal for a 5 day trip, unless you go plan to visit some other places.

Ok after speaking to my uncle whose one of the best guides in south india for the karnataka tourism dept here is the plan on what we decided to go for ..

Day 1 : Leave bangalore via hassan , belur , halebedu , chikmagalore , kemmanagundi and back to chickmagalore for the night halt ..

Day 2 : Head off to bababudangiri , kudremukh , horanadu , sringeri , agumbe, hebbe and kahattagiri falls and off to manipal for a halt thereby covering the whole of the coffee 500 rally stretch on the 1st two days ..

Day 3 : Off to udupi , arisinagundu , unchalli and burude falls , malpe , St.Marys Islands , kundapur , kumta , bhatkal , nethrani island , murudeshwar and halt for the night ..

Day 4 : Marawanthe , jog falls , shimoga , bhadravati , tumkur and back to bangalore ..

Initially we planned to do a trip to madikere and nearby places in coorg .. But decided we would do coorg, mandya , mysore , kabini , BR hills , K Gudi on the next trip ..

Kerala was left out as it is raining bonkers over there and more over my family is more keen on making a trip to wayanad and munnar very shortly ..

We would be leaving on the 22nd morning and be back by 26th early morning .. It will be 10 of us driving in two balenos ..

Jay : Dont worry about the tyres , im working on it .. At best we will be running studless tyres (ice tyres) if not 15''s could be ready by then ..