Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 05:24   #16
BHPian

re: Pune - Gwalior - Agra - Khajuraho - Pune : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
From Bhopal, you can go via Vidisha & Rahatgarh to Maithon, Lalitpur & Jhansi. From Jhansi, it is a direct road to Kajuraho via Chhatarpur
This route is almost 171 km longer than the direct route via Sagar-Chhatarpur-khajuraho. Is there a reason for suggesting a longer route?
Also, how about the Sagar-Damoh-Panna-Khajuraho route?

Last edited by raghuvir : 21st November 2014 at 05:31. Reason: addition, spelling correction.
Old 21st November 2014, 08:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
This route is almost 171 km longer than the direct route via Sagar-Chhatarpur-khajuraho. Is there a reason for suggesting a longer route?
In India, one looks at the optimised route keeping in mind road conditions, facilities, etc, and not just by distance. Needless to say, when I recommended the route, I have taken into consideration alternative routes too.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 09:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
From Bhopal, you can go via Vidisha & Rahatgarh to Maithon, Lalitpur & Jhansi. From Jhansi, it is a direct road to Kajuraho via Chhatarpur
Sir, Jhansi to Chhatarpur is not very good road. It is just about okay to drive pothole road. Also One can take Lalitpur - Mahrauni - Tikamgarh - Jatara - Mau Ranipur. Although the route between Lalitpur to Tikamgarh is not good on UP side but it is drivable. Also Tikamgarh to Mau ranipur is okay to drive but has potholes. Is lalitpur - Jhansi good?

Quote:
Sagar to Panna via Damoh is good road but donot expect plenty of food points on this road.

Last edited by mercedised : 21st November 2014 at 09:15.
mercedised is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 11:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Hey buddy, how was the Gwalior - Jhansi stretch? I am planning to go to Khajuraho in the next few days. And wanted to know if the Gwalior - Jhansi stretch is still taking 3 to 3.5 hours.
Sincere apologies for not being able to reply earlier. If you still need the above information:

Gwalior - Jhansi stretch is good. I don't remember the time it took us to reach Jhansi, as we were on constant look out for Sonagir turn. I remember starting from Agra around 4:30 AM and reaching Sonagir around 9:45 AM/ 10:00 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Can you confirm this? I thought only Baran-Shivpuri is 4-lane (part of NH76). How is Jhalawar to Baran?

Good thinking again. Were you able to get to use the Jhansi bypass to NH76.
NH76 is one of the many awesome roads in the state.
Jhalawar - Baran, as you rightly said, is a two lane road, however, the surface is good. It is called the "Mega Highway".
Again, on this stretch I was on the look out for Chandkhedi. It is an ancient Jain temple with a bit of history attached to it!

Yes, we did not go through Jhansi at all. The closest we were to Jhansi at one point was around 10 KM. Though there were a few diversions and "road under construction" boards, we were maintaining good speeds.

The turn off for Shivpuri while coming from Jhansi side is not well marked. We noticed a dirty and shabbily put sign board at the last minute and took that right turn. Road after half a KM from there on is wonderful and will take you right till Jhalawar in comfort.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 20:19   #20
BHPian

Route done in 1st Week of December 2014 :

We had planned this route:
Pune-Nashik-Dhule-Indore-Dewas-Bhopal-Vidisha-Rahatgarh-Sagar-Damoh-Hatta-Panna-Khajuraho.

Ended up doing this route:
Pune-Nashik-Dhule-Indore-Dewas-Bhopal-Dhakna Chapna-Raisen-Budaganj-Begumganj-Sagar-Damoh-Hatta-Panna-Khajuraho.

Pune to Bhopal is a beautiful stretch except from Pune- Nashik, as road work was going on for a majority of the stretch. After nashik, the roads are pure bliss right upto Bhopal and a little further ahead. As we reached Dhakna Chapna, it was getting dark and roads were getting smaller, hence we stopped to ask for road conditions and were suggested to go through Raisen. DO NOT TAKE THIS ROUTE. For almost 5 km from Dhakna Chapna there was almost no road. After that the road is good all the way upto Sagar, but there is almost no traffic on this route. To and fro traffic on this route would have totaled about 25-30 vehicles in total and there is no good place to halt for the night. From Sagar to Damoh to Panna to Khajuraho, the road is excellent, except entry/inner/exit road from sagar. Road work was going on 10 kms short of Khajuraho, and hopefully it has been completed now.
raghuvir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 20:43   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We had planned this route:
Pune-Nashik-Dhule-Indore-Dewas-Bhopal-Vidisha-Rahatgarh-Sagar-Damoh-Hatta-Panna-Khajuraho.

Ended up doing this route:
Pune-Nashik-Dhule-Indore-Dewas-Bhopal-Dhakna Chapna-Raisen-Budaganj-Begumganj-Sagar-Damoh-Hatta-Panna-Khajuraho.
Was Bhopal not considered as a break option for the day? So that you would have covered the next section in daylight?
Old 12th April 2015, 20:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Was Bhopal not considered as a break option for the day? So that you would have covered the next section in daylight?
We had to be in Khajuraho by 11 am the next day and not tired. And Pune - Sagar, planned route was around 1000 odd kms which I have done earlier from Udaipur to Pune. Bhopal - Khajuraho would have taken a long time and we would also be tired. Hence decided to stop at Sagar, which has a decent hotel (Hotel Paradise Sagar) with secured parking for our bikes. We started at 0430 hrs from Pune and reached Sagar at 2130 hrs the same day. It was tiring, but fun.

Here are the stats as I had CascaRun Pro running on my phone all the time:
Activity: Motor biking
- Distance: 1027 km
- Duration: 17:13:53
- Speed: 60.3 km/h (00:59 /km)
- Max speed: 151 km/h (00:23 /km)
- Altitude: 152 - 804 m
- Elevation: + 3383 - 3433 m

Last edited by raghuvir : 12th April 2015 at 21:09. Reason: Adding additional information.
raghuvir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 15:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Route done in 1st Week of December 2014 :

Pune to Bhopal is a beautiful stretch except from Pune- Nashik, as road work was going on for a majority of the stretch. After nashik, the roads are pure bliss right upto Bhopal and a little further ahead. As we reached Dhakna Chapna, it was getting dark and roads were getting smaller, hence we stopped to ask for road conditions and were suggested to go through Raisen. DO NOT TAKE THIS ROUTE. For almost 5 km from Dhakna Chapna there was almost no road. After that the road is good all the way upto Sagar, but there is almost no traffic on this route. To and fro traffic on this route would have totaled about 25-30 vehicles in total and there is no good place to halt for the night. From Sagar to Damoh to Panna to Khajuraho, the road is excellent, except entry/inner/exit road from sagar. Road work was going on 10 kms short of Khajuraho, and hopefully it has been completed now.
You took a wrong route from Bhopal to Sagar, to Dhakna Chapna (I was not aware of this place and had to search on gmap. Bhopal to Sanchi turning is normally 40 min drive, via Raisen you must have spent 2.40 if I am not wrong. Infact entire Bhopal to Sagar can be easily done in 2.30 hours.

Pune - Gwalior - Agra - Khajuraho - Pune : Route Queries-screenshot-20150419-151315.png

Similarly Pune to Malegaon, avoid going via Nashik, either Nagar - Shirdi road or longer via Mumbai Expressway
rkhare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 17:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

I am Planning a round trip to Kajuraho.
First Leg Pune to Pachmarhi via Aurangabad with a 3 day halt there.
Then on to Jabalpur two nights there with a visit to Bedhaghat.
then to Kajuraho, again two or maybe three nights there.
Then we drive to Indore via Bhopal and stay there overnight and then on to Pune via Dhule, Malegaon, Shirdi Ahmednagar.

Please give me suggestions on route to take from Aurangabad to Pachmari , Pachmari to Jabalpur, and Jabalpur to Kajuraho.

Rahul
Old 8th June 2015, 10:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Please give me suggestions on route to take from Aurangabad to Pachmari , Pachmari to Jabalpur, and Jabalpur to Kajuraho.

Rahul
Aurangabad - Mehkar - Amravati - Nagpur - Savner - Sausar- Chindwara - Parasia - Tamia - Matkuli - Pachmarhi
Pachmarhi - Piparia- Narshinghpur - Jabalpur
Jabalpur Katni Pawai Amanganj Panna Bamitha Khajuraho ( around 30 kms road between Panna and Khajuraho is completely screwed up. Will be messy and difficult to cross after rains
Khajuraho Chatarpur Sagar Rahatgarh Vidisha Bhopal

Last edited by rkhare : 8th June 2015 at 10:49.
rkhare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 15:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
Aurangabad - Mehkar - Amravati - Nagpur - Savner - Sausar- Chindwara - Parasia - Tamia - Matkuli - Pachmarhi
Will not that be a detour, Nagpur and Chindwara are way to the east. Had a talk with transporters whose vehicles go to Khandwa, and they said Aurangabad Jalgao Bhusaval Khandva Hoshangabad Piparia, and if I dont mind a short narrow stretch, I can turn right at Jamner phata near Pahur and cross NH-6 at Muktainagar and go on to Khandva bipassing bith Jalgaon and Bhusaval.

While going to Nagpur I usually take the Aurangabad Jalna Chikhli Khamgaon route.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 8th June 2015 at 15:27.
Old 8th June 2015, 16:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Will not that be a detour, Nagpur and Chindwara are way to the east. Had a talk with transporters whose vehicles go to Khandwa, and they said Aurangabad Jalgao Bhusaval Khandva Hoshangabad Piparia, and if I dont mind a short narrow stretch, I can turn right at Jamner phata near Pahur and cross NH-6 at Muktainagar and go on to Khandva bipassing bith Jalgaon and Bhusaval.

While going to Nagpur I usually take the Aurangabad Jalna Chikhli Khamgaon route.

Rahul
oh yes this is shorter. I have absolutely no idea of roads till Khandwa, but beyond that its good 2 lane toll road all the way till Pachmarhi.

From Nagpur side, its all breeze between Nagpur andl Pachmarhi but just checked Gmaps and its 150 kms longer.
Old 15th September 2015, 14:27   #28
BHPian

Hello mates,
Please suggest the best route to cover the ellora caves and akola with starting point as navi mumbai and ending at khajuraho
Old 30th November 2018, 12:34   #29
BHPian

Hey folks! Posting on this thread after quite a while!

Road trip is on cards and the plan is to drive from Pune to Agra with family.

I have been hearing that the the road conditions from Maksi to Biaora have improved, though with a lot of diversions.
Is it manageable to complete this approx 100km stretch in around 2.5 hours?
Plan is to start as early as possible from Pune and reach Biaora for a night halt. Have some work to complete there.
Would greatly help if someone who has recently visited this stretch can share his/her comments.

Thanks in advance!
Old 14th December 2018, 13:04   #30
BHPian

Update post my Pune - Agra run:

Details of Dewas - Biaora is updated at the following link:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4512397 (Pune - Indore - Gwalior - Kanpur - Allahabad - Varanasi - Hazaribagh - Ranchi : Route Queries)

Apart from that, onward and return journey were comfortable and managed to squeeze out 22.2 kmpl from my EcoSport tdci on the return leg!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks